GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > RIFF Box Team > RIFFBOX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 17:12   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 810343
Thanks Meter: 15
License/Update issues, Any fix?

Ok, so my post was deleted, thanks btw, is there some reason why RIFF works fine on my laptop, yet on a freshly built machine with NO antivirus and no firewall etc on it, that everytime i run RIFF it says no license found and has to download a new license? Also why is it when i update, i only show ONE useful plugin listed?

I thought it was a windows issue, so i formatted and reinstalled twice now, same results. states no license found, have to redownload new license and still only eMMC plugin is available for download. Any fix for either of these issues?

Again RIFF runs perfectly on the laptop. No issues at all. So if i CAN use this on TWO systems, why am i having issues such as these? Both systems running same version of Windows 7.

br
Old 10-21-2013, 18:02   #2 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 256342
Sonork: None
Thanks Meter: 28,276
Copy resurrectors folder from laptop to new pc, start JTAG manager and let it finish hashing - its done in few passes.
After hashing is finished, simply download license files - there is JTAG Manager license file, and license file for present DLL-s.

With each new DLL we release, DLL license file must be downloaded again.

Reason for JTAG manager to ask constantly for license can be only that JTAG Manager was prevented to store license files. Maybe because You're not using administrator account, or maybe because hashing process is not finished.
The Following User Says Thank You to legija For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2013, 18:28   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

OK, I'll try copying from laptop and letting rehash complete and see if that cures he license problem. Will update once I know more :-)

Br

Sent from my SPH-L710 using ******** now Free
Old 10-21-2013, 20:38   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Ok, license issue appears fixed now, thank you so much!I didnt quite understand what you meant about the DLL license file being re downloaded, so i just copied my plugins over and they appeared. So looks like im good now.

Though i have one last question, would i be able to run this on my mac in a VM like Windows 7 Paralles virtual machine? I know some of the other boxes i use for unlocking and such work that way, i havent tried RIFF Manager yet. Just saves me the trouble of lugging around the laptop everywhere i go (difference shops i work out of) and if i can use thei machines there it makes it MUCH easier on me

Thanks again for the help, that worked!
David
Old 10-21-2013, 20:44   #5 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 256342
Sonork: None
Thanks Meter: 28,276
No idea about VM, never tested it.
It should work, but who knows.
Old 10-21-2013, 20:53   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Lol OK I'll give it a shot when in head to that shop later :-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using ******** now Free
Old 10-22-2013, 10:33   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 56732
Thanks Meter: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by anderd View Post
is there some reason why RIFF works fine on my laptop, yet on a freshly built machine with NO antivirus and no firewall etc on it, that everytime i run RIFF it says no license found and has to download a new license? Also why is it when i update, i only show ONE useful plugin listed?

I thought it was a windows issue, so i formatted and reinstalled twice now, same results. states no license found, have to redownload new license and still only eMMC plugin is available for download. Any fix for either of these issues?

Again RIFF runs perfectly on the laptop. No issues at all. So if i CAN use this on TWO systems, why am i having issues such as these? Both systems running same version of Windows 7.br
Quote:
Originally Posted by legija View Post
Copy resurrectors folder from laptop to new pc, start JTAG manager and let it finish hashing - its done in few passes.
After hashing is finished, simply download license files - there is JTAG Manager license file, and license file for present DLL-s.

With each new DLL we release, DLL license file must be downloaded again.

Reason for JTAG manager to ask constantly for license can be only that JTAG Manager was prevented to store license files. Maybe because You're not using administrator account, or maybe because hashing process is not finished.
I found this quite interesting for RIFFBOX user, its good to note.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:01   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

OK So here's my update, sorry for the delay, YES Riff will run in a VM, Paralells requires a registry edit within windows 7, but after that it appears to start up and run just fine. I'll try resurrecting this Sony X10i tomorrow on it and post if everything worked ok or not

Love RIFF, Thanks team!
Old 02-07-2017, 12:48   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 397103
Thanks Meter: 14
riff not working after formated

hello sir i am old riff user i formate my laptop after that i cant use riff its ask for 30 creadit help plz