GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Easy-Jtag / Easy-Jtag Plus

Easy-Jtag / Easy-Jtag Plus The official support section. You can ask here your question and get answer regarding using Easy-Jtag / Easy-Jtag Plus.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2016, 15:13   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2491556
Thanks Meter: 2
Can't init EMMC, Reason: CMD Timeout Error

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum so first let me say "Hi Everyone".

I am having this problem all the time (and I do mean all the time). I have tried 6 different (working) phones and 2 tabs and ALL come out with this error:

Z3X EasyJtag Software ver. 2.0.4.0
Loading eMMC Addon Firmware... IO: 2050 mV
Box S/N: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, ,FW Ver.: 01.51
CMD Pullup Level:1330 mV
CMD Active Level:1784 mV
Can't init EMMC, Reason: CMD Timeout Error

I have spent hours looking through this forum and online but can only find other people with the same problem and no solution such as

I am using a Z3X pro box and Z3X EasyJTag box but both have the same problem (after the first box broke I got a replacement and the replacement was able to detect the Emmc before that too came up with the same error). They worked at first (for about 3 or 4 times) but then just kept coming up with the same problem.

I have tried Windows 7 and Windows 10.

I have shorted pins 3, 9 and 11 on the Z3X pro box.

The ISP connections are perfect

The EMMC chips are working fine

I have tried providing external power (from a dedicated power supply)

The adapter Im using is the: EMMC adapter for Easy JTAG Box (Z3X-Pro) by GPG

I have completely reinstalled my PC, re-installed latest software and firmware, reset firmware on the Z3x box.

With a number of people having this problem, there must be someone who can provide an answer (other than the EMMC needs replacing)

Please please please help

Is there a way to reset the Z3X box back to factory settings
Old 04-12-2016, 14:52   #2 (permalink)

Right.... Another update for anyone else with this problem

I noticed a post somewhere on this group the other day which said that their only way of reading their Nokia with ATF is with short cables and using the USB ports on the back of the computer (not the front).

So i got a short USB extension cable, turned the computer round and plugged in the ISP connections ...... low and behold it worked. I got a read straight away without any messing. That has been around 6 - 8 months were the Z3X pro box would not work but now does (yay).

Another thing to mention is I was using a wall powered micro usb adapter to power the GPG adapter which plugs into the Z3X pro box, but this time I used another USB port on the back of the computer to power the GPG adapter.

Either way, it seems to be now working. I will try a few different phones now and see what happens
The Following User Says Thank You to DataMunched For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2016, 22:00   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 25996
Thanks Meter: 253
That's strange, can you confirm this actually? I have the box for a short while so far, but 2 i9300 i tried actually displayed "cmd timeout error". I blamed that it was either the soldering, wires (actually i can't find any good one that's not stiff and solders well), rest of the glue on the board and possibly damaged eMMC since phones were not booting at all and responded with "MMC Init failed" when sniffing on the COM port.
The default USB cable supplied with the box is rather long one, but looks decent, plus i have it connected to externally powered dlink usb hub normally. I tried swithching from the nornal and usb connectors made for charning as well as directly to USB on the back of the computer, althrough with a rather long cable. I also managed to dump eMMC extraced from the board directly as well as some other Xperia E via ISP so my guess was that it's not the box, nor connection between the box and PC.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:17   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1112585
Sonork: 100.1645028
Thanks Meter: 91
try to set vcc from 2.5v ~ 3.3v.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:45   #5 (permalink)

Hi Guys,

I think I was a little hasty in my comments. The box worked for a few days and has now dropped out again and only showing cannot init device again. This is so very frustrating.

KrzychuG - the long cable that is supplied is not a very good cable. I use a shorter cable to connect the z3x directly to the computer USB

pai_d - if you mean change vcc from 2.5v to 3.3 in the z3x software, I have already done this. Its almost as if the computer suddenly recognises the Z3x box but cant talk to it

I really want to like Z3x but at the moment, its the worst purchase I have (except when I do get it to work)
Old 04-20-2016, 12:36   #6 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 1569669
Thanks Meter: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by DataMunched View Post
Hi Guys,

I think I was a little hasty in my comments. The box worked for a few days and has now dropped out again and only showing cannot init device again. This is so very frustrating.

KrzychuG - the long cable that is supplied is not a very good cable. I use a shorter cable to connect the z3x directly to the computer USB

pai_d - if you mean change vcc from 2.5v to 3.3 in the z3x software, I have already done this. Its almost as if the computer suddenly recognises the Z3x box but cant talk to it

I really want to like Z3x but at the moment, its the worst purchase I have (except when I do get it to work)
Hi,
Please make photo of your setup (ISP soldering).
Let me know what ISP eMMC adapter you use or make photo.
Or maybe you use some eMMC socket????
"The box worked for a few days" - your box stop to connect (was working good before) or what?
Describe clearly your problem with photos, video, log etc!!!
And I can help you step by step.

I can see this log in your previous message:

"Z3X EasyJtag Software ver. 2.0.4.0
Loading eMMC Addon Firmware... IO: 2050 mV
Box S/N: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, ,FW Ver.: 01.51
CMD Pullup Level:1330 mV
CMD Active Level:1784 mV
Can't init EMMC, Reason: CMD Timeout Error"

If you still use this sw and fw revision, it means that your software is very old and box firmware needs to be 1.52 for correct work (maybe Its general connection fail reason)!
Please start shell, download latest Easy-Jtag setup (2.0.8.3) and install it. After start Easy-Jtag, software update your box firmware automatically to 1.52.

Best Regards

Last edited by vikboston; 04-20-2016 at 12:53.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:03   #7 (permalink)

Hi Vikboston,

Thanks very much for replying.

I think I have managed to solve the problems. It still seems a little hit and miss, but I have just managed to have a full read of a Kindle (as well as the two nokias I mentioned above).

I have soldered the power from the U6 and U7 power sources inside the Z3X box and the box seems to be happier with this than when I used the power on the GPG adapter.

I think its just a case of fiddling with it until it works.

I did notice that I was getting the same time out error yesterday and it wouldn't connect to anything until I went into computer management (device manager) and uninstalled the USB mass storage device (all of them) and after a reboot the box worked again.

I did notice the software and firmware were old and they were updated to the latest a short while back.
Old 06-01-2016, 15:01   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2111064
Thanks Meter: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DataMunched View Post
Hi Vikboston,

Thanks very much for replying.

I think I have managed to solve the problems. It still seems a little hit and miss, but I have just managed to have a full read of a Kindle (as well as the two nokias I mentioned above).

I have soldered the power from the U6 and U7 power sources inside the Z3X box and the box seems to be happier with this than when I used the power on the GPG adapter.

I think its just a case of fiddling with it until it works.

I did notice that I was getting the same time out error yesterday and it wouldn't connect to anything until I went into computer management (device manager) and uninstalled the USB mass storage device (all of them) and after a reboot the box worked again.

I did notice the software and firmware were old and they were updated to the latest a short while back.
can u share with me how u solve this problem bro
"Can't init device, Reason: CMD Timeout Error"
iam also getting this error on my jtag box! the emmc adaptor is from gpg!
wbr
Old 06-01-2016, 19:57   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2111064
Thanks Meter: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by atstech View Post
wbr
dont bother bro! i fixed it myself thru a litle bit of juggling the VCCO and VCCQ voltages!
wbr
atstech.
Old 10-20-2017, 14:16   #10 (permalink)

Member: 2303778
Thanks Meter: 1
Using Pull Up Resisters

I have been having trouble with one device doing ISP with z3x.
When connecting directly to box (settings 3.3 and 7mhz) I get a cmd pull up level of 3165 and cmd active level of 3238 (when trying other levels and speeds the levels are roughly the same ratio different).

Im using USB power to the microUSB port to power the vcc and vccq (checked with a multimeter and they are getting correct voltages on their points).

I keep getting error: Can't init EMMC, Reason: CMD Timeout Error

It was suggested to try 100ohm resisters from 1.8v power supply to DAT0 and CMD. However, when I do this the CMD pull up level gets too low (like 61 mV).

I've tried it two ways, one way with a dedicated power supply and one using an adapter (this one: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f672...g-box-1691845/ ) with 2 100ohm resisters between the CMD/DAT0 and 1.8V out of the adaptor.

Can someone explain a bit to me why this is, and how to do this properly.
Old 10-21-2017, 14:17   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1037372
Thanks Meter: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by jossipov View Post
I have been having trouble with one device doing ISP with z3x.
When connecting directly to box (settings 3.3 and 7mhz) I get a cmd pull up level of 3165 and cmd active level of 3238 (when trying other levels and speeds the levels are roughly the same ratio different).

Im using USB power to the microUSB port to power the vcc and vccq (checked with a multimeter and they are getting correct voltages on their points).

I keep getting error: Can't init EMMC, Reason: CMD Timeout Error

It was suggested to try 100ohm resisters from 1.8v power supply to DAT0 and CMD. However, when I do this the CMD pull up level gets too low (like 61 mV).

I've tried it two ways, one way with a dedicated power supply and one using an adapter (this one: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f672...g-box-1691845/ ) with 2 100ohm resisters between the CMD/DAT0 and 1.8V out of the adaptor.

Can someone explain a bit to me why this is, and how to do this properly.

Witch adpater use ?

Post your emmc adpater pic
Old 10-21-2017, 14:19   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1037372
Thanks Meter: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by atstech View Post
wbr
If you use gpg emmc box adpater?

If you said yes then post here adpater pic i am also use use gpg emmc adapter but small modified
Old 10-23-2017, 13:39   #13 (permalink)

Member: 2303778
Thanks Meter: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalnasim View Post
If you use gpg emmc box adpater?

If you said yes then post here adpater pic i am also use use gpg emmc adapter but small modified

Cant upload an actual photo at present, but it's this one: