GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Octopus/Octoplus > Octopus Samsung/Octoplus Samsung

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2015, 00:13   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1433171
Thanks Meter: 45
Talking [GUIDE] Fix N910A Boot Loop - Unknown Baseband (step by step)

Hello friends

I have a few people asking questions on solution for N910 boot-loop, I want to make step-by-step guide to answer all questions.

Problem caused by changing *#9090# and possibly downgrade as well.

Takes time, several tries, don't worry.

1. Downgrade to 4.4.4 via Odin. Extract OC4, extract Odin, open Odin, select four files into correct position (BL, AP, CP, CSC) 4.4.4 OC4 Odin 3.09 (Samsung Mobile drivers required)
2. Once on 4.4.4 or below, enable developer options by tapping "build version" several times, enable USB debugging & mock location, and install KingRoot 4.0.0.233 to phone. Caution, newer versions did not work for me.
3. Open "Command Prompt" and type "adb version" should reply with "Android Debug Bridge version x.x.x", if does not, change to the correct directory where adb is installed via "cd" command. Need ADB? Here
4. These next two steps can be a little tricky as the phone often reboots before completed, must work quickly, I suggest copying the long command, then paste when ready.
5. Connect to working WiFi. Turn off your phone, reboot, or wait for it to reboot itself. Soon as phone turns on, open KingRoot, soon as WiFi connected notification appears, touch button in center of KingRoot app, soon as KingRoot reaches 30%, began adb commands.
6. ADB commands: first command "adb shell", second command "su", third command "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 | dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 | dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 | dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p15 | dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16" phone will reboot or you can reboot and after reboot boot-loop and unknown baseband will be fixed! Can now write new IMEI via "Write Cert" and possibly "Write QCN" if any network troubles, then all good to go!
7. Any questions feel free to contact me on skype: brandon.sisco or phone: 949.482.7058 I'm happy to walk you through any steps.

Once you see results, I have worked hard on this complete solution for many weeks, I would appreciate any donation. Secure paypal donate here

Thank you ecs87 for the help with adb wipe efs commands
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to bsisco For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 06-22-2015, 01:35   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 770210
Sonork: No
Thanks Meter: 46
Donate money to this user
help brother i have S3 korae E210L unknown baseband and imei help thank
Old 06-22-2015, 07:18   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 59030
Thanks Meter: 165
Thanks for this useful post..but I've been trying to install Kingroot.apk many times now and it won't install..It keeps staying on installing....Of course I checked unknown source..Do you know why it's not installing?
Old 06-22-2015, 07:28   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 278546
Thanks Meter: 145
use only king root 4.0.0233
Old 06-22-2015, 07:36   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalamandareddy View Post
use only king root 4.0.0233
thanks for quick reply...yes I did, that's the version I tried to install
Old 06-22-2015, 08:01   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by citifone View Post
thanks for quick reply...yes I did, that's the version I tried to install
Edit: My bad...It installed now. I uncheck Verify Apps in security settings it installed...Once again thanks, now I will try to fix it with your instruction to see if it fixes the bootloop and no basebankd problem..thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to citifone For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2015, 09:06   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Your method works. Phone now has baseband and no more restart bootloop problem. It still has no imei but should be able to fix easily with boxes. Thanks so much for sharing....
Old 06-22-2015, 19:56   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 232566
Thanks Meter: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsisco View Post
Hello friends

I have a few people asking questions on solution for N910 boot-loop, I want to make step-by-step guide to answer all questions.

Problem caused by changing *#9090# and possibly downgrade as well.

Takes time, several tries, don't worry.

1. Downgrade to 4.4.4 via Odin. Extract OC4, extract Odin, open Odin, select four files into correct position (BL, AP, CP, CSC) 4.4.4 OC4 Odin 3.09 (Samsung Mobile drivers required)
2. Once on 4.4.4 or below, enable developer options by tapping "build version" several times, enable USB debugging & mock location, and install KingRoot 4.0.0.233 to phone. Caution, newer versions did not work for me.
3. Open "Command Prompt" and type "adb version" should reply with "Android Debug Bridge version x.x.x", if does not, change to the correct directory where adb is installed via "cd" command. Need ADB? Here
4. These next two steps can be a little tricky as the phone often reboots before completed, must work quickly, I suggest copying the long command, then paste when ready.
5. Connect to working WiFi. Turn off your phone, reboot, or wait for it to reboot itself. Soon as phone turns on, open KingRoot, soon as WiFi connected notification appears, touch button in center of KingRoot app, soon as KingRoot reaches 30%, began adb commands.
6. ADB commands: first command "adb shell", second command "su", third command "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 | dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 | dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 | dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p15 | dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16" phone will reboot or you can reboot and after reboot boot-loop and unknown baseband will be fixed! Can now write new IMEI via "Write Cert" and possibly "Write QCN" if any network troubles, then all good to go!
7. Any questions feel free to contact me on skype: brandon.sisco or phone: 949.482.7058 I'm happy to walk you through any steps.

Once you see results, I have worked hard on this complete solution for many weeks, I would appreciate any donation. Secure paypal donate here

Thank you ecs87 for the help with adb wipe efs commands
Can we update after fixing the reboot loop to lollipop and write the cert file from octopus support.

I have got one SM N910A i entered code*#9090*# and select USB option and it went into reboot loop.Wrote the modem only from 5.0.2 firmware,didn't work.

Your solution comes into rescue.Thanks for your hard work i appreciate it.

Br,
Moderate
The Following User Says Thank You to Moderate For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2015, 02:55   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Phone seems to work now but it's stuck in Factory Mode On and keep turn wifi off and might have other problems associate with this mode but have not known yet. I already wipe factory and wipe cache and reflash the firmware but still the same. Any suggestion to fix this problem?
Old 06-23-2015, 19:22   #10 (permalink)

Member: 2212122
Thanks Meter: 4
Will this work on N915a I can't seem to get su threw adb.
The Following User Says Thank You to repairsuniverse For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2015, 00:53   #11 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by repairsuniverse View Post
Will this work on N915a I can't seem to get su threw adb.
I can help with you, su requires Root or Temp Root, which Build Version is your N915a? I can help look for a root solution
The Following User Says Thank You to bsisco For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2015, 00:55   #12 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Quote:
Phone seems to work now but it's stuck in Factory Mode On and keep turn wifi off and might have other problems associate with this mode but have not known yet. I already wipe factory and wipe cache and reflash the firmware but still the same. Any suggestion to fix this problem?
Can you provide a picture and or explain the factory mode on?
Old 06-24-2015, 00:56   #13 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Quote:
Your method works. Phone now has baseband and no more restart bootloop problem. It still has no imei but should be able to fix easily with boxes. Thanks so much for sharing....
Yes if you are in Orange County area can use my box
Old 06-24-2015, 05:48   #14 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2372105
Sonork: 100.1667845
Thanks Meter: 61
I can use this solution with N910F
The Following User Says Thank You to patodog For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2015, 06:49   #15 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2381538
Thanks Meter: 92
People are stuck In factory mode after reseting efs thru adb PM good day to all!!!!