GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Octopus Samsung/Octoplus Samsung (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f684/)
-   -   i9300 IMEI repair, EFS backup (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f684/i9300-imei-repair-efs-backup-1531793/)

javakiller 09-05-2012 20:36

i9300 IMEI repair, EFS backup

Can you tell me correct procedure for backing up EFS from good working handset? So incase after unlocking anything goes wrong with IMEI I can restore it easilly? And I need to backup anything else?

Br

aryan cartio 09-05-2012 21:42

I Guess you lost or Damaged your IMEI number?
Then follow this procedure brother

[HOW-TO][FIX] Repair your IMEI with QPST - updated w/ info - xda-developers

Quote:

Originally Posted by javakiller (Post 8728211)
Can you tell me correct procedure for backing up EFS from good working handset? So incase after unlocking anything goes wrong with IMEI I can restore it easilly? And I need to backup anything else?

Br

javakiller 09-05-2012 21:47

Hi,

Thanks for that fantastic thread, but my imei is still ok but im scared to unlock it and have a problem afterwards, so was wondering is there anything I can backup before attempting an unlock to avoid this kind of a problem?

Thanks

Octopus box 09-07-2012 07:16

Currently not possible to make backup of EFS from this phone.

ZiDanRO 09-07-2012 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by javakiller (Post 8728299)
Hi,

Thanks for that fantastic thread, but my imei is still ok but im scared to unlock it and have a problem afterwards, so was wondering is there anything I can backup before attempting an unlock to avoid this kind of a problem?

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Octopus box (Post 8732178)

It is possible, but not with Octopus.
You will need the folowing apps:
- root
- busybox (from stericson)
- galaxy_s_unlock (from Helroz)

And with last app you cand back-up and even unlock your s3, but at first update it will be relocked (i think, i never tryed).
Or you cand use instead of Galaxy S Unlock you can use this [TOOL] Updated! 15/08/12 - EFS Pro v1.9.12 - Advanced '/efs' Backup, Restore, Repair! - xda-developers

I always do a back-up with the first 3 apps becouse of IMEI problems and trying to avoid them

javakiller 09-07-2012 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZiDanRO (Post 8732891)
It is possible, but not with Octopus.
You will need the folowing apps:
- root
- busybox (from stericson)
- galaxy_s_unlock (from Helroz)

And with last app you cand back-up and even unlock your s3, but at first update it will be relocked (i think, i never tryed).
Or you cand use instead of Galaxy S Unlock you can use this [TOOL] Updated! 15/08/12 - EFS Pro v1.9.12 - Advanced '/efs' Backup, Restore, Repair! - xda-developers

I always do a back-up with the first 3 apps becouse of IMEI problems and trying to avoid them

Cheers, so what happens when we need to restore it, how is that done?

Thanks

ZiDanRO 09-07-2012 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by javakiller (Post 8733096)
Cheers, so what happens when we need to restore it, how is that done?

Thanks

Bouth apps do restore. Check the app. It has resotre button. It will copy the back-up over the current Efs partition.

Luraif 10-18-2012 15:07

s3 relock

Quote:

Originally Posted by Octopus box (Post 8732178)

Unlocked phone After update relocked Can unlock with octopus Samsung activation?

NELIX 02-19-2013 21:51

I have i9300 stuck on logo after wrong efs restore. I cant write the wright one now because its stuck on logo and i cant put it in debbug mode......any solution

Octopus box 02-20-2013 06:37

Hello.
Please try to put the phone into Emergency (Download) Mode and make repair EFS, then re-flash the phone. To put GT-I9300 phone into Download Mode you have to perform the following steps:
1. Reconnect phone battery.
2. Press and hold "Volume - " + "Home" + "Power" buttons.
3. When phone turns on press "Volume+" button.