GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Octopus/Octoplus > Octopus Samsung/Octoplus Samsung

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2018, 13:10   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2840390
Thanks Meter: 1
SM-G925F error even in combination [Answered]

Allright so i got into my hands a G925F thought that it would be just a wrong flash issue.
Turned out its something deeper.
I lost two days flashing stock nougat roms all the time.
I have tried single file firmwares , also 4file repair firmwares and everything is on the same faith.
After flashing with odin phone reboots, gets into updating screen for 2-3 seconds,starting right from 25% to 32% then goes to updating screen, the animation freeze and phone becomes unresponsive.
If i reboot and try to enter recovery i get a no command screen,Sometimes it jumps into recovery after no command screen but then again freezes.
I tried and flashed combination rom binary 6.
It passed the first boot screen and the updating screen, on the gear spinning animation i got the samsung sound but after a while animation froze and again after a while i got a bootloader error RST_STAT = 0x100000
Tried also to access recovery but ended on rst_stat=0x10000 or 0x20000.

Last edited by Octopus box; 05-28-2018 at 13:05.
Old 05-27-2018, 16:33   #2 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 2613252
Thanks Meter: 1,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by razenxd View Post
Allright so i got into my hands a G925F thought that it would be just a wrong flash issue.
Turned out its something deeper.
I lost two days flashing stock nougat roms all the time.
I have tried single file firmwares , also 4file repair firmwares and everything is on the same faith.
After flashing with odin phone reboots, gets into updating screen for 2-3 seconds,starting right from 25% to 32% then goes to updating screen, the animation freeze and phone becomes unresponsive.
If i reboot and try to enter recovery i get a no command screen,Sometimes it jumps into recovery after no command screen but then again freezes.
I tried and flashed combination rom binary 6.
It passed the first boot screen and the updating screen, on the gear spinning animation i got the samsung sound but after a while animation froze and again after a while i got a bootloader error RST_STAT = 0x100000
Tried also to access recovery but ended on rst_stat=0x10000 or 0x20000.
Hello, easy that you have used a firmware combination not compatible with the firmware installed on your phone, by chance in the phone screen you get the writing bootloader exception error?
You have to put the phone in dowload mode and flash the firmware of the file in 4 files and see if it is back in place
Old 05-27-2018, 17:29   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amleto90 View Post
Hello, easy that you have used a firmware combination not compatible with the firmware installed on your phone, by chance in the phone screen you get the writing bootloader exception error?
You have to put the phone in dowload mode and flash the firmware of the file in 4 files and see if it is back in place
Hello,
I Used COMBINATION_OXA_FA50_G925FXXU6ARC1_BOXWares that one which i saw that is compatible with binary 6.

I get bootloader exception screen (without anywhere writing that) but the rest are exact the same.
I have tried many stock firmwares both one file and 4 files including pit.
Everything just not boots.
With stock firmwares i usually end in a situation where phone freezes for hours on erasing screen.
Then i can only get into odin mode, recovery gives me no command screen.

With combination my luck was that after flash phone would freeze on grinding gears and give me exception screen.
Same was going for recovery.

For somereason i'm now able to boot into combination rom, BUT after 30 seconds phone freezes and get error screen again(watchdog reset screen with the rst_stat etc
Same goes for recovery on combination rom.

Last edited by razenxd; 05-27-2018 at 17:35.
Old 05-27-2018, 17:59   #4 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Quote:
Hello,
I Used COMBINATION_OXA_FA50_G925FXXU6ARC1_BOXWares that one which i saw that is compatible with binary 6.

I get bootloader exception screen (without anywhere writing that) but the rest are exact the same.
I have tried many stock firmwares both one file and 4 files including pit.
Everything just not boots.
With stock firmwares i usually end in a situation where phone freezes for hours on erasing screen.
Then i can only get into odin mode, recovery gives me no command screen.

With combination my luck was that after flash phone would freeze on grinding gears and give me exception screen.
Same was going for recovery.

For somereason i'm now able to boot into combination rom, BUT after 30 seconds phone freezes and get error screen again(watchdog reset screen with the rst_stat etc
Same goes for recovery on combination rom.
what firmware did you have installed in your phone do you remember it before using the firmware combination?
Old 05-27-2018, 18:05   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
what firmware did you have installed in your phone do you remember it before using the firmware combination?
I got that phone in a bootlooping situation
i dunno what firmware it used to have before crash.
I have tried flashed the latest BTU and EUR firmware (both 1 file and 4 file ones)
G925FXXU6ERC9_G925FVFG6ERCA_G925FXXU6ERC9_HOME
G925FXXU6ERC9_G925FBTU6ERC3_G925FXXU6ERC2_HOME
and others but everyone gives me the same attitude.
After flash reboots, then updating screen skips to 32% and then phone Freeze (animation also) in the updating screen.
Old 05-27-2018, 18:22   #6 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Quote:
I have tried flashed the latest BTU and EUR firmware (both 1 file and 4 file ones)
After flash reboots, then updating screen skips to 32% and then phone Freeze (animation also) in the updating screen.
if you did not know which firmware stock was installed in the phone being in bootloop already from the beginning you could not therefore know the compatibility between the stock firmware and which combination firmware you had to install on the phone because most of the time when the phone goes into bootloder exception error is due to a faulty flash of a firmware combination then why the phone being in bootloop did you use the combination to recover it?
then it depends which bootloop was if stuck on the boot logo and if you tried before putting it in recovery mode if it came in there was written the firmware pda to understand the compatibility between installed firmware and combination
The Following User Says Thank You to amleto90 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2018, 18:24   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1948608
Thanks Meter: 1,744
Quote:

Did u try to flash it wit PIT file.? If not yet than Add PIT nd flash it wit repartition ..[open CSC wit ZIP Extractor nd extract PIT file from it ]if still same than it may b Hardware issue [water Damaged or Emmc corrupted.]
The Following User Says Thank You to -Mosin- For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2018, 18:29   #8 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mosin- View Post
Did u try to flash it wit PIT file.? If not yet than Add PIT nd flash it wit repartition ..[open CSC wit ZIP Extractor nd extract PIT file from it ]if still same than it may b Hardware issue [water Damaged or Emmc corrupted.]
hello mosin has already tried the pit l I wrote in the previous poat but nothing, I know that to recover it needs repair via jtag
Old 05-27-2018, 18:36   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
if you did not know which firmware stock was installed in the phone being in bootloop already from the beginning you could not therefore know the compatibility between the stock firmware and which combination firmware you had to install on the phone because most of the time when the phone goes into bootloder exception error is due to a faulty flash of a firmware combination then why the phone being in bootloop did you use the combination to recover it?
then it depends which bootloop was if stuck on the boot logo and if you tried before putting it in recovery mode if it came in there was written the firmware pda to understand the compatibility between installed firmware and combination
Hum, i can pretty much understand that i f**ked it up in several ways.
Could also when i flash a stock firmware and phone freezes, that could be a bootloader exception just without the error screen comes up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mosin- View Post
Well i tried flashing .pit file with single file firmware i think.
Somebody told me to download that single file firmware
G925FXXU6ERD3_G925FOJV6ERD2_ACR
and flash it along with a .pit file(need to search that one since it's not inside)
But on 4files repair firmwares i tried in the csc there was a pit file which i didn't extract and had repartition on, since odin use the pit to map if its in the csc right?

If emmc is corrupted, the only way to fix is by replacing the chip right?
Old 05-27-2018, 23:39   #10 (permalink)

Flashed U6 Firmware along with its extracted PIT file
Got back to froze animation in erasing screen and then reboot to no command screen without access to recovery.
Got out the back cover, board seems fine not water damage which can be seen.
Disconnect reconnect everything, flashed combination rom again phone still freezes and gives bootloader exceptions.
Well i guess the UFS chip is more than dead.
Old 05-28-2018, 13:05   #11 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 1146942
Sonork: 100.1587278
Thanks Meter: 27,413
Hello.

Most likely, device has HW problem(s). Please check HW.
The Following User Says Thank You to Octopus box For This Useful Post: