GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > Sim Cloning and Scaning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2004, 12:20   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 46923
Thanks Meter: 0
3G-Uk sim in other handsets

I was using 3G sim in e700 (roadming on o2)for a month and jus yeserday it said refreshing sim and now it wont work on the e700 says "Sim Crash" whats that mean? Also on nokia's it says "Sim Rejected" few months ago it worked on them! How is 3G-Uk updateing the sims and not allowing them to work on other handsets???
Is there anyway to remove the updates so the sim is like it was when i 1st got it(worked on almost all handsets)???

-Thanks
Old 05-02-2004, 07:19   #2 (permalink)

Member: 64368
I know why it happened, but unfortunately I can't help you fix the problem. But you can use this as future reference. 3 in the UK (and all 3g phones out now) use a new type of sim card card USIM. U stands for universal. Not much difference except it operates on a slightly higher voltage (this was your problem) and it ha the ability to store more contact info. Normal 2g and 2.5g phones where not meant to accept USIM cards due to the higher voltage requirements. It shouldn't even work in these phones.
Old 05-02-2004, 18:48   #3 (permalink)
nab
No Life Poster

Member: 4315
Thanks Meter: 1
Hi Silex, sagem and other hansets operate automatically on either 3v or 5v sims. what voltage do Usim use ? maybe a small mod to the circuit could allow them to work ?
Old 05-02-2004, 20:53   #4 (permalink)

Member: 64368
I remember it being something like 3.2V, but don't quote me on that. A google search isn't yielding much info either. I'm sure you can modify the voltage requirements of the board itsself, but keep in mind that the all the parts on the phone are built 'to spec' (including voltage) which means that it might be more involved than we think.