GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > Sim Cloning and Scaning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2005, 05:21   #1 (permalink)

Member: 33595
Thanks Meter: 0
Active number display insted of operator logo?

I have got three numbers in my sim-card, is it possible to display the active number instead of the operator logo?!! Tnanks.
Old 05-21-2005, 14:28   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Location: Getting it to work is easy... making it do the things you want is another thing.
Member: 9824
Thanks Meter: 79
Yes, possible with most phones as long as you are in your home Network. You will see the Operator Logo and below the description you gave for thet number.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:47   #3 (permalink)

I'm using Nokia 6670, whenever I go to menu and comes back I will see the description I gave for my active number for very short period of time (~1 second) and then the operator logo will come and over-ride the description!! I want the description to be permenante?!!
Old 05-23-2005, 11:04   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Location: Getting it to work is easy... making it do the things you want is another thing.
Sorry, I don't know your model, but many times there is an option in the phone to disable the network name. Maybe like this only the description will appear. (Turn off the "cell info" on your phone)
On my phone (SE) there are 2 lines... on top is the network and below the description.

There does exist another firmware (I think somebody cloned the sim-emu, but this is only my opinion) where you have more options about WHAT to display. You can turn off any kind of displaying message.

I have never tested this firmware and I do prefer the original one (Sim-emu 6.01) but you can give it a try.

The link is: http://borozda.com/pic-ador/

If this option works for you, you are more than welcome to reply to this thread.

Enjoy your cloning

Ch@in
Old 05-26-2005, 02:55   #5 (permalink)

Member: 98118
Thanks Meter: 3
Somebody knows why Windows Mobile smartphones, such i-Mate SP3, Orange E500, etc. don't display on a screen actual number?
If there is an information how to correct it, please inform me.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:22   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Actually, in order to undertand how Daniel (Sim-emu programmer) achieved the displaying of the phone number you must first understand the trick used by him. ( I hope I can interpret it correct since I had read this some years ago while Sim-emu was still under heavy development. )

The number appears because it is recognized as your "home network description" stored on the SIM. It is compared to the network name stored inside the phone firmware and the telephone believes, that the network name on the sim card is more accurate. By cheating the device about which network name is more recent the phone displays the "changed" network name.

If the firmware of the windows smartphones bypasses this "conclusion" because they made it believe that the Phone firmware is always more accurate concerning Network names (updated more easier than i.e. having your sim changed), than you can not cheat and make the phone show the changed description with this methode... A phone patch have to be used instead.

Daniel, if I am writing something wrong, you might want to correct me.

This is always my own opinion and conclusion, so don't rely to much on it.

Have fun

Ch@in
Old 06-04-2005, 04:40   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH@IN
Sorry, I don't know your model, but many times there is an option in the phone to disable the network name. Maybe like this only the description will appear. (Turn off the "cell info" on your phone)
On my phone (SE) there are 2 lines... on top is the network and below the description.

There does exist another firmware (I think somebody cloned the sim-emu, but this is only my opinion) where you have more options about WHAT to display. You can turn off any kind of displaying message.

I have never tested this firmware and I do prefer the original one (Sim-emu 6.01) but you can give it a try.

The link is: http://borozda.com/pic-ador/

If this option works for you, you are more than welcome to reply to this thread.

Enjoy your cloning

Ch@in
I tried the programme in that link, but same thing. I really which if someone could help, thanks.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:36   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 148720
Thanks Meter: 16
hi everybody
i want to remove operator logo
instead of i want to display a big walpaper
or simply my number
is that anyway to do this????
Old 06-06-2005, 06:09   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aasifnasim
hi everybody
i want to remove operator logo
instead of i want to display a big walpaper
or simply my number
is that anyway to do this????
If you happen to have a SE T630, here is a great tutorial: http://www.cellular-support.com/nuke...tutorial&pid=4

It requires some flashing and hexing though If you don't mind risking your phone to become a toy for your son... give it a try.

Good luck

Ch@in