GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > Sim Cloning and Scaning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2003, 10:57   #1 (permalink)

Member: 22318
Thanks Meter: 0
Clone detection

Hallo!

I have been using my clone (simemu5s very nice soft) for some days and now i'm a little bit spooked because i read about someone who got his clone detected by his phone company, is there anyone who has heard anything about such clone detection, especially in Sweden. I like my phone company but not my card, to little memory. And i don't want to lose my contract or get a lawsuit.
Old 02-19-2003, 11:04   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 5575
Thanks Meter: 3
I think that is impossible detect clone. Card use KI and IMSI. This value you have same in clone card and in original card.
If you will not tell to anybody about your clone card, you cannot be afraid.

jsec
Old 02-19-2003, 11:30   #3 (permalink)
nab
No Life Poster

Member: 4315
Thanks Meter: 1
yes wou can get caught if you use both AT THE SAME Time
Old 02-19-2003, 11:47   #4 (permalink)

Clone use

Well, the original cards are safely tucked away in my desktop drawer, but what about the CCID and TMSI?
Old 02-19-2003, 12:08   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 15073
Thanks Meter: 12
Hi all,

I agree with nab, the problem is you use the both AT THE SAME Time...

The IDCC donīsent to the BTS. I check this conect the phone to season... This nuember only is for administrative use (distribuitors, SAT, ect)...

The TMSI is temporal and Itīs number is dependient of the Data/Time. When you use a clone number you generate a TMSI like the original because the data of the SIM (IMSI & KI) is the same of original.

Best Regards,
Sir Graham.
Old 02-19-2003, 12:40   #6 (permalink)

Clone / Original

Thank you for your answers so far.

Now another question.

Lets say i use the clone, switch off, an then connect with the original will this trigger any alarm at the phone company?

Sorry for asking so many questions.
Old 02-19-2003, 15:04   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Hi hakthu,

This a good question.

If you swith off the phone and Swicht on again... normaly the TMSI is the same... and the same Kc.

When you makes the first call this change....

I think that they donīt control this and I suppose (in this moment) they donīt control this...

Best Regards,
Sir Graham.
Old 02-19-2003, 15:58   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 8804
Thanks Meter: 4
the only way they can detect a clone is from the IMEI # of the phone used.

Change both IMEIs of the phones to one standard number, & you should be fine.

if you use a DCT4 nokia & a DCT3, change the DCT3 to the DCT4 IMEI.
Most of the other phones can be changed to match any number you want, just post a msg in the section of your phone & ask how to change the IMEI.

regards.
Old 02-19-2003, 16:14   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

hi fofodaman,

Quote:
the only way they can detect a clone is from the IMEI # of the phone used.
Ok. Itīs possible, but Itīs legal. ....

You can use a SIM in two phones. He can detects this but .... if is this original works firts in one phone and after in other...

Quote:
if you use a DCT4 nokia & a DCT3, change the DCT3 to the DCT4 IMEI.
uhmmm. Can explain more about it. You can change the "real" IMEI of 6210 (for example).
I know that nokia have 3 IMEI diferent One in the Eprom (only for the show in the screen *#06#), other in the Flash and other encript (this send to the operator).

What do you know about this?

Best Regards,
Sir graham.
PD: Thanks for the data of you "special" SIM. I read this email an send my answer....
Old 02-20-2003, 02:59   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 8804
Thanks Meter: 4
i used the word can not be detected, & i was wrong.
Sure it can be, if the 2 phones using the same IMEI & the same sim, log onto the network at the same time, it will take someone who is really "WATCHING" that particular SIM to realize that the serving cell is not the same, but if the IMEI of the phone is the same, it will be related by the network administrators to data link delays or else they would have to open up the cells map & trace that i know some network operators & the last thing on their heads is tracing a cloned sim, especially when they can not proove any wrong doing on the customer's end, if all of the above take place, & they know with no doubt that you are using a cloned sim, they still have no hard evidence, so they will make a call & tell you that "IF" you are using such a "thing" please stop OR "else".
Now on the other end, everyone knows that both phones can not send OR receive at the same time, UNLESS, & this did happen with me, a data link is delayed between the 2 different serving cells, i once was on a call from my carphone, & something happened that made me receive another call on my hand held,, ofcourse both phones have the same IMEI & are using the same sim (cloned) one is NOKIA & the other is a MOTOROLA, you can imagine the look in my eyes when my handheld rang, but after some thought, i realize it is an odd situation & i guess my handheld was logged into a different cell than my carphone & some delay took place.

So, back to the beggining, it can be detected, But can not be proved is that good enough ? just remember the basics :

"CLONED SIM!!!! what is that!!"
"if your computer is telling you so, i suggest you get a new one"
"i bet it is this darned phone i am using, will you replace it with a new one for free?"

OR, come up with your own, have fun.
& good luck.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:02   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Hi all,

I think ( my opinion) that the operators donīt control this.....

At the end... you make more calls with the clone system and always the operators earn money.... from one user ... other...

They donīt need control this. For they is better if there is more cards (cloned or not).

Best regards,
Sir Graham.