GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > Sim Cloning and Scaning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2005, 14:03   #1 (permalink)

Member: 156108
Thanks Meter: 0
Question Cloning V2

Hi all.
In our country I cloned SIM card. But in 2002 our three operators change SIM card on V2. So, I ended with this bussines. Now elapsed 3 years, itīs long time to invent how clone V2 Sim card.
I read this forum, we write: Itīs impossible.
My question is: Is there enybody who experimenting a with cloning V2 card?

PS. Sorry for my English.

Hyna, Czech Republic
Old 06-26-2005, 20:30   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Location: Getting it to work is easy... making it do the things you want is another thing.
Member: 9824
Thanks Meter: 79
Hyna, they Ki authentication for V1 and V2 cards as you know is THE SAME... it is just better protected inside the card. The A3A8 protocol leaked and was the reason to allow the extraction of the Ki with brute forcing on V1.

Network Providers that never used this standart protocol (like Vodafone) never had a problem with protecting their cards, although they were V1.

The cloned card will run as a V2 card without the need for a change in the current software. This means, our problem remains just to get these Ki.

About doing experiments,... it won't help without having access to some secret information about the V2 cards. Like always, somehow, something has to leak to the public to enable further investigation. Without that kind of help you will never succeed.
I am pretty sure there are people who have the knowledge to make a clone of a V2 card, they just don't want/are allowed to spread that info.

History repeats all the time and starts over again from the begining When the new USIM cards will cover the market by 80-90 percent... the V2 cards will be clonable.

Best solution remains still to buy the old V1 cards from your friends and clone them for your personal use. (Or changing old prepaid cards into subscription cards through your provider.)

Ch@in
Old 06-26-2005, 21:47   #3 (permalink)

Member: 156108
Thanks for reply

I know Itīs better protected...
Iīm not sure how translated this sentence
Network Providers that never used this standart protocol (like Vodafone) never had a problem with protecting their cards, although they were V1.
I learned english, but...

It means: Most of providers uses V1 and ther are contented?
Old 06-27-2005, 01:52   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Location: Getting it to work is easy... making it do the things you want is another thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyna
Thanks for reply
Iīm not sure how translated this sentence
I learned english, but...

It means: Most of providers uses V1 and ther are contented?
Don't worry Hyna, my English is worse than yours. I wanted to tell you, that Vodafone cards never have been cloned. They never used the GSM standard Comp128-V1 but a modified version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Security in the GSM System
Implementations of A3, A8

Although the design of the GSM system allows an operator to choose any algorithm they like for A3 & A8, many decided on the one that was developed in secret by the GSM association, COMP128.
You can read the full document by Jeremy Quirke in the attachment about the attacks and the possible experiments It is interesting for people like you who want to know more about "experimenting", you can read in it about things like after how many seconds the Telephone needs to reply with the encrypted SRES (12 seconds max).

(attachment too large 256kb to fit), use the link instead:

http://www.ausmobile.com/downloads/t...2001052004.pdf

Last edited by CH@IN; 06-27-2005 at 02:04.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:22   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 33079
Thanks Meter: 2
What about that: We all put our money together and send one V2 card to the nice guys from www.semiresearch.com

I'm sure they can help in such "cloning" problems, because they are experts of cloning ;-)

I think, GSM SIM cards are not so heavily protected against invasive attacks like other smartcards.
Old 07-01-2005, 18:18   #6 (permalink)

Member: 155811
Hi all,

In my opinion comp128v2 same as v1, not hidden anywhere,comp128v2 is different from v1 just by, they use special characters in the place of digits like in v1,and our old scanners are unable to read those special characters.

All we have to do is find out these new special characters and add them in scanners scripts.

Hopefully I am right.
Faro
Old 07-01-2005, 21:39   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 44110
Thanks Meter: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTOBUYER
What about that: We all put our money together and send one V2 card to the nice guys from www.semiresearch.com

I'm sure they can help in such "cloning" problems, because they are experts of cloning ;-)

I think, GSM SIM cards are not so heavily protected against invasive attacks like other smartcards.
Hello,

I find that this is a very good idea... Do you have some informations about the price?

Greets Sven
Old 07-01-2005, 23:43   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 16493
Thanks Meter: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH@IN
Hyna, they Ki authentication for V1 and V2 cards as you know is THE SAME... it is just better protected inside the card. The A3A8 protocol leaked and was the reason to allow the extraction of the Ki with brute forcing on V1.

The cloned card will run as a V2 card without the need for a change in the current software. This means, our problem remains just to get these Ki.

Ch@in
You are WRONG, we wrote it several times, V2 and V1 are not same.
We put v1 codes to V2 cards (simdoctor has this option) and it wont work...
vectors are not same, sir graham did some tests on v2, read old posts.

This means, software is not same (sim-emu explained it before, it you have compv2 or 3 solution, you have to describe algoritm to sim-emu for new version of emulator).
Old 07-02-2005, 02:38   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Thank you for pointing that out. Indeed there are differences between v1 and v2.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:02   #10 (permalink)

Member: 32090
HELP me OUT

i want to have
good reader (com/usb)
sim (gold/silver/blank)
sw
tell me the best Mr.ch@in
thanks

jai
+91 98427 01540
Old 07-04-2005, 23:39   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 66471
Thanks Meter: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMoCan
You are WRONG, we wrote it several times, V2 and V1 are not same.
We put v1 codes to V2 cards (simdoctor has this option) and it wont work...
vectors are not same, sir graham did some tests on v2, read old posts.
This means, software is not same (sim-emu explained it before, it you have compv2 or 3 solution, you have to describe algoritm to sim-emu for new version of emulator).
IMO this is the subject of terminology. We say 'v2' when encounter that an algo is not v1 and returns 86 significant bits of 96-bits response. Obviously those could be rather different algos.

Now let us consider that we are an GSM-operator that have been using for some (long) time classic v1-algo, and for some reason decided to improve the anti-clone protection of its SIMcards.. Which way would be the cheapest one?
1. For sure - not to exchange existed v1-cards;
2. Minimize the changes in the AuC software;
3. Make to fail all existing routines of finding Ki.

The simplest way to fulfil the plan is:
1. New SIMcards (say v2 - alas, how else? perfom calculation of some function of incoming RAND (say B(RAND)), and the result of this calculation is added (not neccessary added but for example) to SRES/Kc of succeded comp128-v1 (before zeroing the last 10 bits). All collision methods of our Famous GrandMasters obviously fail. don't they?
2. AuC does not know which type (v1 or v2) the certain card is - but does not worry. Since it sends not random RANDs, but special precomputed ones, namely - the roots of B(), i.e. those x that satisfy B(x)=0. This results in calculating old v1-algo by both AuC and the SIMcard not depending on it's type (v1 or 'v2').

I beleive that i'm not the first who introduce this idea, but i'm too lazy to search whose copyright could it be. Let's say - this idea is copyright of Corresponding People.

Probably comrade Ch@ne spoke of something similar, comrade PIC-ador definitely spoke at kievsat.com about this idea, but i missed this post (and can't find up to now), yo mismo siempre cuento de esto and so on..

If this is the case - the best way to make a clone is to hack a guy who inputs Ki's into AuC's database. Dixi
Old 02-05-2006, 13:17   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 51989
Sonork: 1575109
Thanks Meter: 145
That you think about it...http://www.semiresearch.com/

Daes they can help clone v2 sim card type? http://www.semiresearch.com/
Old 02-06-2006, 15:53   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 15073
Thanks Meter: 12
Hi,
It´s easy. A3A8 is the same in V1 and V2, the problems is the implementacion in COMP128.
The V2 eliminated the colision problem found in V1 and for this razon the software must be changed to use other method to extract the Ki.....

Regards,
Sir Graham.

[img]http://www.**********.es/avatars/Logo.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.**********.es/avatars/bluehack.jpg[/img]
WEB http://www.**********.es
FOROS http://foros.**********.es
Old 02-12-2006, 11:59   #14 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 78543
Sonork: 100.1603369
Thanks Meter: 25
@SirGraham, you say that there's removed colision problem in V2, I would just like to know what this guy thought when he wrote that he cloned some cards with "...Colission search..." (sorry, but I don't understand him )
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/show...5&postcount=45

Anyway, is there any progress on cloning v2, if there's any way to help, just tell me!

p.s. Sorry for bad english

Best Regards, Igor
Old 02-12-2006, 12:06   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 15073
Thanks Meter: 12
Hi,

I am explain me:

The Cards With COMP128 v1 (old card) you can extract the Ki because this version of COMP128 (v1) have collisions. This is a problem in a hash function (and more in this) because you can know (with collisions) the input of the function (Ki).

Of course this person used the collission search. For the moment is te unique method to extract the Ki. But only the SIM with COMP128 v1 have collisions and YOU CAN USE THIS....

Regards,
Sir Graham.

[img]http://www.**********.es/avatars/Logo.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.**********.es/avatars/bluehack.jpg[/img]

WEB http://www.**********.es
FOROS http://foros.**********.es