GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > Sim Cloning and Scaning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2006, 20:40   #1 (permalink)

Member: 44910
Thanks Meter: 0
GSM Clone, i need some help with this

Ok, i'm not informed a lot in GSM cloning, but i explain my theory and then you tell me if it's possible..

I have an old Operative compV1 card and an operative CompV2 Card.
Then i have also an invalidated compv1 card (no more operative).
So i can extract KI from both compv1 card. Now, can i use the ki from the compv1 card (invalidated) to clone the second CompV2 card and make 2in1 sim?

I've read it's possible to use compV1 Ki in compv2 cards... is that true?
I've read this on some 2003 year posts here but i think i've misunderstood something. Can you please put some light in my small brain?

thx a lot for answers...
Old 03-06-2006, 19:02   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Location: Getting it to work is easy... making it do the things you want is another thing.
Member: 9824
Thanks Meter: 79
You cannoot use the original simcard to write the clone information on them. Instead you write on an empty silver/greencard the firmware (sim-emu) that will behave like an original sim-card.

You will use the original simcards only in order to find the (secret) Ki (something like a serial number of the card), and then you write that info on the NEW clonecard.

You can't find the ki of a comp128V2 card. So you won't be able to use it's Ki on a clone neither.

Regards
Old 03-06-2006, 19:50   #3 (permalink)

I already know this.
What i wanted was to put the KI of my disabled Compv1 card in order to use it instead of the compV2 Ki.

i have 2 CompV1 and 1 compV2.

I've read here that operator do not check KI but just the result of the hash function, so i shouldn't have any problem using the old KI.

Is that correct or I've misunderstood something?
Old 03-07-2006, 02:53   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Location: Getting it to work is easy... making it do the things you want is another thing.
Member: 9824
Thanks Meter: 79
you misunderstood that. Every IMSI is unique to each Ki.
The result of the hash is derived from the Ki, so you can't just change a Ki with another card's Ki.

The operator does not ask your phone for the Ki through the air (that would not be secure), but instead ... requests a "reply" from your phone, that can only be answered if both sides would know the Ki
Old 03-09-2006, 09:57   #5 (permalink)

Ok, gotcha!

I'll use the "plug and play" method as always