GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > Sim Cloning and Scaning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2005, 00:07   #1 (permalink)

Member: 163263
Thanks Meter: 0
Loading SIM Toolkit applet onto SIM

Hi

I have a SIM Toolkit (STK) applet that I run on a SIM simulator and it works fine. Now I want to load it onto a live SIM card so that I can test unctionalities that require the network connection (e.g. send SMS, get cell ID, etc).

I understand that this is easier said than done. What information do I need to have in order to do this? Is it the Ki, or IMSI, or both? Or am I way off?

Thank you
Old 07-22-2005, 08:04   #2 (permalink)

Member: 162228
Smile info

Hi,

Can you post info(link, name) about SIM simulator that you are using and applet if you don't mind.

Following weeks I should test one STK menu on smart cards with OS-java and will have more info, so I can tell you more if till then nobody help you.

Regards,
Zoroto
Old 07-22-2005, 22:22   #3 (permalink)

Member: 163263
I'm using Aspects Developer (http://www.aspects-sw.com/devtools/)
There is a sample STK applet in the software. It is actually the same as the one you can see on 03.19.
Hope this helps
Old 07-22-2005, 22:48   #4 (permalink)

Smile

Thanks for the info. I will try their evaluation software.
As I know ASPECTS is card manufacturer so may be STK is related with card Flash or may be not. For sure I can tell you after one or 2 weeks...

Regards,
Zoroto
Old 07-23-2005, 11:45   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 134836
Thanks Meter: 4
Lightbulb

hello friends i want buy this product
i have software for run this programme but i have no hardware .
pls reply if anybody have it. i want buy it and send full detail with price and rate
my email id is [email protected]
hope you reply me early
thanks.........................
Old 08-05-2005, 20:10   #6 (permalink)

it was pretty simple

Hi Adamt,
As I promise I can tell you what I have done and it works
As I wrote in my other postings I have PCSC reader. I have Fun Card. As you wrote I download from ASPECTS their software.

1. Connect reader to computer
2. Put card in reader
All that follows is in aspects developer application
3. Compile the project.
4. Tools->Target Device -> <READER> -> Connect as 03_48 sim ... starts reading something
5. Project -> Reload and install solution... see progress and DONE.
6. Take out the card and put in phone or you can use from application mobile simulator when you card source stays the same

I take out it and put in phone. You can find the menu in some place on your phone. On my siemens it is in extras

ENJOY
Old 08-06-2005, 00:54   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 66040
Thanks Meter: 14
This maybe Off Topic but may i ask if there is a way to copy the STK from a sim and then move it to another sim?
Old 08-08-2005, 12:35   #8 (permalink)

Member: 168712
Some replies

Zoroto:
The procedure you have written describes a general procedure to download an applet to a javacard. But I think you are missing the point. adamt asks how to download his applet into a live card. You assume he has applet loading keys to his live card, but as long as he does not have them from the operator, I dont think he has those keys.

Adamt:
You cannot load your applet to a live card, unless you have the said keys. I dont think you will ever have access to keys to a live card that is issued by an operator. Because, those keys normally stay the same for a given batch of cards issued by the operator, and this means if you have the keys to a card, you can use the same keys for all the cards issued in the same batch. That is not something an operator would like you to have. This is a major problem of testing for STK applet developers (I am facing the same problem ).

For a workaround (albeit a highly expensive one), you can check VirtuoSimo Expert Pro edition, that has the hardware to run the applets in your development cards in the network, having another live card. The hardware does the network registration etc. with the live SIM, and does STK event, command etc. trx with the dev card. So you have virtually access to all networks in the world to test your applet. But, it is 15K EUR per unit. Currently I am trying to work on Bladox Turbo Programmer tool to implement the same functionality in a cheaper way. However, it is a real complicated project. Bladox people ask for 800 EUR/manday to work on this. Anyone want to give a hand with this idea, please mail (bsay(at)gmx.net)

charlielao:
You cannot easily extract an applet that is downloaded into a card, unless you have all the keys, ADM CHVes etc. I have talked to Gemplus guy who said this is doable, but then again you need specialized tools for this.

Regards,
Mess
Old 08-13-2005, 14:51   #9 (permalink)

2messiah_tr

2messiah_tr: Actually I wrote what I have done with one real SIM card. I also read in other forums that to do something like this I need keys ?!? Really strange for me but I did this without entering any key.

1.When you say keys what you mean : CHVs (PIN1, PIN2, ADM1, ADM2, ADM3) or some other keys ?

2. I understand from your words that you are familiar with STKs so can you tell me if there are specific place on JAVA SIM cards where STKs are saved. Some specific EF like 3F00:0999 for example, or they are saved on different places.

3. What you mean with "specialized tools" when you are explaying about downloading applet from card. Give some application name or could you explain how to find applets on card, where they are placed and ADPU commands to read information.

4. Can you explain full procedure: what we need and how to download applet from card. And i can try to simulate this.

Regards,
Zoroto