GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > Sim Cloning and Scaning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2005, 07:30   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 43098
Thanks Meter: 71
Possible To Reprogram The Simcard?

I have some smartcard reader/writers and I was wondering if it was possible to program a blank or fresh simcard, so that just the network portion of it would read a different provider?

For instance, can I take the network identity parts of the sim, and place them on a T-Mobile sim so I can use a phone that is locked to 3?

I know its a longshot, but hey if it works who cares
The Following User Says Thank You to Knowledge For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2005, 18:49   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 8030
Thanks Meter: 3
I can't understand what you're asking here - if you want to use a different networks simcard in your phone then just get the handset unlocked then you can use any simcard you want in it.

It is possible to "clone" a small number of older simcards - so u can have 2 handsets using the same number (although you can't have them both switched on at the same time) Have a look in the "Sim Cloning" section on here for more info.

Regards,

Northernbloke
Old 09-07-2005, 19:06   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 43098
Thanks Meter: 71
Alright, usually I would get my phone unlocked... But as of right now, you can not unlock a 6680, as said in all the post's in this section. So, I am trying to come up with ways to work around this speedbump
The Following User Says Thank You to Knowledge For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2005, 19:17   #4 (permalink)
reo
No Life Poster

Member: 4270
Thanks Meter: 13
hi

the mnc + mcc exists on the card to indentify on the network, n the locks are based on that details mnc+mcc so obviously u cannot have the mnc+mcc of another provider and still have the same phone number cause each provider has their own mnc+mcc and their own numbers that work with it, for example in my country South Africa the mnc +mcc for vodacom is 655 01, and the numbers for vodacom start with either 082xxxxxxx, 072xxxxxxx, 076xxxxxxx. AND the other provider example MTN has mnc + mcc 655 10 and numbers 083xxxxxxx, 073xxxxxxx !!

Regards
reo