GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > Sim Cloning and Scaning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2005, 13:23   #1 (permalink)

Member: 49772
Thanks Meter: 0
Exclamation Programming failed at Code address 0000h!

In the past i've submitted on this forum any messages about problems in programming the silver card. Now I've again problems.
When i use IC-Prog 1.05C (that i think it is the last available version), I select the PIC 16F877, I connect on COM1 the JDM programmer, select the file SIM_EMU_FL_6.01_ITA.hex and then start the programming by pressing the button. After that i obtain the error Programming failed at Code address 0000h!. I obtain the same error if i turn off the power supply of the programmer or if i remove the sim from the programmer slot. I'm sure that the programmer works fine because if i use the CARDINAL i can read the original sim data. But when i use the IC-Prog is as if the software cannot write or comunicate with the silver card. Why??
I'm using the same PCs, the same software (IC-PROG), the same programmer of the last time. For further detail about the hardware i use please see my other old posts.

I hope someone can suggest me the resolution to the error.

Thanks, regards.
Old 06-19-2005, 13:28   #2 (permalink)

I forgotten to add that the silver card i'm using this time is of the type 16 in 1 (on the sim i read 'SSIM32'). The last time i used the IC-Prog (Jan 2004) i used a silver card 8 in 1. There is a difference in this? Mah!
Old 06-19-2005, 14:41   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Location: Getting it to work is easy... making it do the things you want is another thing.
Member: 9824
Thanks Meter: 79
I assume you are talking about the software ON the silver-card when you say 8-1.

Cardinal works in phoenix mode, Programming/Changing the Firmware on the Silver card works in JDM mode. These are two different pair of *****. If cardinal works does not mean that IC-PROG works automaticaly too.

I have build different hardware devices in the past (JDM, Ludipipo, etc) but sometimes they just don't want to work on specific computer (especialy on Laptops). The JDM programmer device is just a quick and cheap solution to build your own programmer and requires CORRECT TIMING from the computer software. (Similar technology to the Windows only modems from conexant some years ago)

JDM requires correct settings of timing in IC-Prog. Change some settings concerning delay etc. inside the Options menu, you should also try to use a different Windows Versions than XP or better real MS-DOS environment. Maybe you have a driver issue. Increase the voltage to your programmer by 1 or 2 Volt.

Also, please remember, Silver Cards need to be ERASED before you can write on them again. Many times this step is forgotten. When you get them from the shop they are ready for immediate programming.

Try these steps, if still no success come back again

Ch@in

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=213146
Old 06-19-2005, 17:22   #4 (permalink)

Question

Nothing! I've tried to press F3 button and set the I/O Delay in all the 40 positions available, but nothing! I've tried to give to the programmer a power supply of 9V and of 12V, but nothing to do!
I've done these tests with a PIV 2,6 Ghz, WinXP, using also a software to reduce the performance of the CPU (the CPU KILLER).
Yesterday I've used an old PI at 133 MHz with Windows 98, but nothing.

I give it fire??
Old 06-19-2005, 21:52   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Location: Getting it to work is easy... making it do the things you want is another thing.
Member: 9824
Thanks Meter: 79
Don't fire it yet,

I still believe this is a driver issue or your computer is too fast and programs like CPU Killer can not provide with the correct timing.

Your Programmer says "Ludi" mode and "Smart" mode. Ludi mode for the CPU and Smart mode for the Eprom. Ludi, as far as I remember, was a simple "Resistor only" solution. This Ludi programmer was working only on old computer and if your "Ludi mode" is like the ludipipo, than it's a JDM programmer with VCC inverted.

Have you erased your Card before reprogramming? If yes, when you read the content of the chip, is everything empty?

Try on an older Computer and follow EXACTLY the procedure as on SIM-EMU's homepage. If this still won't work, then buy a new USB programmer for less than 20 Euro or borrow one.

Sorry, as I have read in your previous posts, you managed to get your stuff working once.... you will manage to get it running again.

Good luck

CH@IN

Last edited by CH@IN; 06-19-2005 at 22:25.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:12   #6 (permalink)

Red face

Yes, the silver card is new and empty. In the past I've used the programmer on the P I at 133 Mhz with success. I've tried with "VCC inverted", but nothing.
I don't know why all this problems with the fast PC... The programmer works only when i read a sim, not if i want write it.
New programmer at 20 euro? USB programmer? It works with PIV 2,6 GHz? Please give me the url or the scheme to manufacture one (that is tested and work fine!).
Old 06-22-2005, 16:01   #7 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 141645
Thanks Meter: 1
I have 0000h error than I'm forgot cheked Phoenix Card in ICProg.
Try to use another soft.
I solved this problem using PonyProg for pic and WinPhoenix for EEPROM.
Old 06-22-2005, 16:25   #8 (permalink)

I've to select Phoenix option in IC-PROG only when i write the EEPROM. When I write the flash this option hasn't be selected.
However can you tell me where to download the software you say?

Thanks.
Old 06-24-2005, 16:51   #9 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 141645
Thanks Meter: 1
http://www.sat.spb.ru/exchange/prog_...winphoenix.zip
http://mc-prog.narod.ru/ponyprogV206c.zip
Old 07-01-2005, 18:00   #10 (permalink)

Member: 155811
Simply uncheck CPD and set CP off!
Old 07-02-2005, 08:42   #11 (permalink)