GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > Sim Cloning and Scaning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2006, 14:43   #1 (permalink)

Member: 237543
Thanks Meter: 0
What do I need to clone my SIM card?

Hi,

I just found your forum and being able to clone my SIM cards would be really much more convienient than physically changing them everytime I cross a border or want to use my data card instead of my phone.

I have read through severals posts and googled for some commerical solutions, but to be honest I am confused. And I couldn't find a good FAQ for newbies like me.

What software and hardware should I download and/or buy to clone my SIM cards?

sunrise prepaid (CH)
t-mobile prepaid (US)
united mobile prepaid (Lichtenstein?)
AIS prepaid (TH)

I do understand that there are two different encryption schemes and it looks like only v1 can be cloned. So for some cards this might not work. But will I destroy the cards that don't work by trying to clone them?

But what are the differences between green cards, silver cards, gold cards, 16in1, 8in1 etc? What should I buy and where do I get the best prices? (looks like the same product is sold by different vendors with 100-200% markup...)

Thanks for your help,
Matthias
Old 02-26-2006, 20:31   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Location: Getting it to work is easy... making it do the things you want is another thing.
Member: 9824
Thanks Meter: 79
Use the search function on this board to locate all the answers to your questions.
You can try the following link to get some ideas of what to look for:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=184918

Regards
Old 02-27-2006, 02:07   #3 (permalink)

Thank You!

The other thread has really all the information I need to get started. No idea why I didn't see it in the first place.

Perhaps you should make it sticky that new members can see it when they enter the forum?
Old 02-27-2006, 14:13   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Location: Getting it to work is easy... making it do the things you want is another thing.
Member: 9824
Thanks Meter: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by matzemobil
The other thread has really all the information I need to get started. No idea why I didn't see it in the first place.

Perhaps you should make it sticky that new members can see it when they enter the forum?
Happy cloning, and don't hesitate to ask.
Some of the cards in austria are known to be "unclonable" due to version comp128V2. You might want to read the thread "following cards can be cloned..." and see if somebody has reported networks of your interest as clonable..
Also, you might want to build (basteln ) your own phoenix reader to see if you can get the info out of your card. Its not that hard to make one on your own and it doesnt cost that much neither. Search for the terms " phoenix reader pcb circuit serial " in google to find appropriate links.

Good luck

CH@IN
Old 03-02-2006, 11:13   #5 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 45829
Quote:
Originally Posted by matzemobil
Hi,

sunrise prepaid (CH)
t-mobile prepaid (US)
united mobile prepaid (Lichtenstein?)
AIS prepaid (TH)

Thanks for your help,
Matthias
I can report that United Mobile sims cannot be cloned.. I have one issued in middle of 2005 and it couldnt be cloned. For the US, I think I've heard there are no clonable sims, except some tmobiles but not sure of the age of your tmob.
Old 03-09-2006, 18:53   #6 (permalink)

:-(

I tried to clone my first card T-Mobile US, which didn't work. I stopped the program (SimScan 2.01) after 40000 tries.

Then I ventured on to my second card sunrise CH pronto. It also didn't find any keys, despite the positive feedback in the "this cards can be cloned" thread. And it killed the card (stopped after 63000) and I had to go to the sunrise shop to get it replaced. :-(

Should I try it again with a different software? Should another card? United mobile doesn't seem to work, O2 Germany looks like v2, but I do have a Thai AIS card.