GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Volcano Box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 07:02   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1757686
Thanks Meter: 29
How to define format address and format length for coolsand cpu phones

hello volcano team,please help! i have been waiting for how many months now since i purchased my volcano box and searching for any solution which i might come up to solve my problem on how to get the unlock code for my coolsand cpu N87 phone.

actually i already tested it to interface it to volcano box on getting for the unlock code however it still keep on giving me the wrong password. therefore i come up with an idea of formatting it but the problem is i do not know how to define the correct format address and format length.

please anybody who wants to share their idea on how to do it let me know it. i would be grateful if i can make it and promise to share it also to others.it will be credited and done all with your help.

i am always looking forward that volcano team would help me on this.

thank you in advance!

Old 08-16-2012, 07:16   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1358184
Sonork: 100.1616912
Thanks Meter: 615
Donate money to this user
coolsand format address

Make Backup First

Coolsand 4MB Format Address

in Format Address (Hex) type : 3A0000
in Format Length (Hex) type : 60000

-------------------------------------

Coolsand 8MB Format Address

in Format Address 0x7a0000

in Format Length 0x60000

-------------------------------------

If your problem not solved then try to Flash

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aliyousafzai For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 08-16-2012, 07:17   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1318893
Sonork: 100.1640487
Thanks Meter: 279
This is the address.

Yes bro use this address:
for both 4mb and 8mb

thanks,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coolsand4mbformataddres.jpg (8.8 KB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg coolsand8mbformataddres.jpg (8.4 KB, 144 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to saydajan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2012, 08:15   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

@ aliyousafzai and @ saydajan

thank you so much brothers! i'll try it and i'll update you about it a little later.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:50   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

@ aliyousafzai and @ saydajan

Brothers, i tried all things that you have said but still nothing happens.

Do you have any other idea or procedure on how to solve my phone lock code?

anyway here is the logs of my work which i followed as what you said, tried format, tried reflash with other firmware but still the problem persist.

PIC_2012_08_16_1_11_10_PM.jpg

PIC_2012_08_16_1_11_22_PM.jpg

though my problem not solved yet but still thank you brothers for your idea.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:53   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 226457
Sonork: No more used
Thanks Meter: 14,934
@ar.vill

Whats Ur Phone Status?

BR
Qaisar Mahmood

Old 08-16-2012, 10:01   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

@Qaisar Mahmood

the phone is in good condition, however it is always asking for phone lock code Sir.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:03   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

@Qaisar Mahmood

i tried input the possible codes which was read by volcano box but it always says a wrong code.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:29   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1318893
Sonork: 100.1640487
Thanks Meter: 279
Dear bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar.vill View Post
@Qaisar Mahmood

i tried input the possible codes which was read by volcano box but it always says a wrong code.
just find the same phone and read flash file from it then flash ur phone with that file or
download the file for ur phone and flash ur phone
ur problem will be solved.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:33   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 226457
Sonork: No more used
Thanks Meter: 14,934
@ar.vill

Are U Read Backup if yes Write Backup & Select Correct Flash type.

BR
Qaisar Mahmood

Old 08-16-2012, 10:40   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

@saydajan

sir i tried flashing with other firmware from working phone but it only seems that my volcano box cannot do it.

what is the problem anyway?
does my volcano box doesn't support this n87 coolsand cpu phone for flashing?
but i did read or backing up the flash file of it with this volcano box but as i tried write flash file, it cannot make.

i really confused about it! is there anything wrong with the the procedure i made?

to check it out i posted a print screen with what i've done, can anyone comment on where i was doing wrong with my work?

Old 08-16-2012, 10:49   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

@Qaisar Mahmood

Sir i'll try it again for a moment, thank you for standing by.

i'll notify you after i can make it.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:52   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1483881
Sonork: 100.1612698
Thanks Meter: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar.vill View Post
@Qaisar Mahmood

Sir i'll try it again for a moment, thank you for standing by.

i'll notify you after i can make it.

READ IT CARE FULLY (COOLSAND WRONG PASSWORD INFO BY FAISAL SIR)

i want to share some thing about Coolsand Wrong passwords

VolcanoBox Coolsand Wrong password Detailed info & help needed

i had seen Few Friends was asking that Volcano Box reading Wrong code from Coolsand Phones. we really investigate it deeply and I want to share with you guys

whenever you got coolsand phone before do any thing 1st of all read info like this

at the end of log you will see

0x400000 (4M)
0x800000 (8M)

You must check this before you do anything. If you have 4MB then you must select 4MB Flash ID from volcanobox and if you have 8MB then you must select 8MB Flash id.

How could I know which flash id is 4mb and 8mb ?
Mostly Flash id which have “32” figure in flash id name is 4 MB

For example

EN71PL032
GQ25QL032
CT8853B-Q32
Built-in Ct1129D

Like these are 4mb Flash id

Mostly Flash id which have “64” figure in flash id name is 8mb
For example

GQ25QL064
MS25U6435E

Why need this to verify ?

I had seen many Friends just read flash and try to find password from them and some time they got wrong password. What I saw and what I make experiments is. If you flash id is 4MB and you select 8MB flash id for sure flash file will not readed correctly when flash file not readed correctly then how it’s possible it will give you correct password ? some time Friends select 4MB flash id and their phone have 8MB and they read flash file and try to find password as flash is 8MB and they read just 4MB for sure file is not readed complete !! as file not readed complete for sure it will give you wrong password or no password found error.

So always 1st make read info then select 4MB or 8MB Your desire Flash id and read flash after for sure password will be read correct !
After some Friends post issue about this problem so we decide make tour of market and read password of all available coolsand phones and will check what wrong so I go and make test. During my Tour I Test about 400 phones total and from these 400 phones I got 250 different phones which was Coolsand. I read password from all of them and I am surprised all password was correct. How I was doing take phone set any password and read password from volcano and it’s reading correct password from all coolsand phones

Then I make search in forum try to collect coolsand phones name which was giving wrong password. I got few of them when I check all password read correct. From Market I check lot of models and Brands like

Gright5130 mini
Vell comm Ve1661
Ken Xin da F911
Cell com ve1209
Jmobile J228
Gboss G200
Vell comm a2656
Xptel c1
Nokia c1
Nestle 2232
Nestle mini N5212
More C3322
Cptel G101
XPtel G101
Lehar loot 77
Spice S1332
Samsung W279
Httel K81
Xptell C00-1
Sprice C2
Spice S16
Spice S18
Samsung C3322

Also lot of other models. I read password and all of them are working password. I did not encounter with any wrong password. After what we make experiment we take two same phone ( same models same brand but board was not same ) put password on of it and read flash and read password it read correct password from flash file then I write that file into another phone ( same brand . same model but board was not same ) after flash it mobile alive and working fine but that password is not working on it. Then we take same phone same as phone which I write flash file on it not from I read flash we took same mobile ( mobile same. Model same . board same means 100% ) I set password and read flash and write on that phone which phone I write flash file before and which was not accepting correct code. We write flash file and we read password it was correct and mobile accept. Then again we remove password from that phone which I read flash file 1st (same brand . same model but board was not same ) read flash and write on that phone which was not accepting password. After write flash mobile power on and working fine but keypad was not working good when ever we press 1 mobile type 8 we press 2 mobile type 0 we type 5 mobile type 7 like this keypad was not accurate

So we found this could be reason as Customer never tell true so we don’t know is some buddy played it before or no

So 1st reason we found cause of bad flash file keypad not working fine cause when ever we insert password in password box we can’t see digits we see only Stars ****

For example I write 786 you can read it but i write *** can you read it ? both type I write 786 so in password box we don’t know what mobile is typing ( writing ) so this could be 1st possible reason

2nd reason could be some time mobile keypad ic damaged and mobile not write correct what we press buttons . some time this happen like customer make password on mobile and its was working fine but after some time his baby put mobile in his ***** cause of WET keypad damaged or keypad ic damaged now customer will put mobile in sun shine and after 3 to 4 hour he will take mobile and when it power on for sure mobile will ask for password and when he will type if keypad ic or keypad damaged for sure password will not open and we can’t see what mobile is typing in password box
3rd reason could be some time we press 9 and mobile write # we press 7 and password write * as we don’t know what mobile is writing in password box so it will not open even box read password correct

So if you found any case Please investigate it deeply as our Users is our Beta testers and tell me what you found you can contact me via sonork 100.1577177

@ All please make test as many of you have mobile for sell and some of you have Big Dealer in china mobiles please try to do this

Take phone set password like 9999

Read info of mobile and check what size it have as I explain you already
Set correct Flash id and read flash

After read flash click on Find password

Give path of flash file and see is your password which you set on phone before read. Volcano show you or no . if incase volcano can’t show please Contact me on sonork 100.1577177

If you got any phone which have password and you don’t know what password is on phone. Please try to take same phone ( 100% same ) when you found same phone please contact me on sonork 100.1577177 Don’t Read flash from unprotected phone ( normal phone ) and write on Protected phone ( phone which have password ) this is really useless for us but it will work for you

I asked you to contact me cause of if you read flash from same mobile from working phone and write on that same phone which have password it will work fine for you but we can’t implement it and when ever you got such

phone and you have not same phone in hand for sure you can’t do it !!

Old 08-16-2012, 10:57   #14 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaisar Mahmood View Post
@ar.vill

Are U Read Backup if yes Write Backup & Select Correct Flash type.

BR
Qaisar Mahmood

my gosh! so many flash type which i cannot identify for which my n87 phone does belong.

Sir please help or idea on how to identify what flash type does a certain coolsand cpu or just like this n87 phone would does it belong.if not i will have to test all these given flash types.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:24   #15 (permalink)
Freak Poster

@samo_d1

Sir thank you so much also for your kindness of sharing the info, it greatly contribute me much of knowing it.

i will try this also until i can make it.

indeed,thank you so much all!