GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > BlackBerry (RIM) > BlackBerry Hardware Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2014, 01:09   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1981304
Thanks Meter: 0
BB Playbook Missing Part - no PC-USB Charging - no USB-data connection

Hello,

I have a Blackberry, that has a broken/missing Part. Its the second part after the usb connector. Its only connected with USB DATA- and USB DATA+.

Does someone know what's this part? I guess a capacitor, does someone know if its replaceable with another one? Or what part I can use for a working usb data connection.

Charging with a normal power plug works, but not connected to a computer. The massmedia mode/data connection also doesn't work.

Any ideas how I can fix this? Or what part I need to buy?

*I cant post links, or upload images. Try to replace the [DOT] with "." (without "")
Quote:
abload[DOT]de/img/data3gjs4q[DOT]jpg
Old 03-21-2014, 21:18   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 61649
Thanks Meter: 113
this is couple of inductor, not capicitor. You can replace it with any inductor for USB-coonector from another mainboard, or simple solder short them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Khatiger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2014, 11:44   #3 (permalink)

Hello. Thanks for your help.

I already shorted the pins. (I think for charging it need to be, or it would not charge with the charger).

Does it matter witch inductor I take from another mainboard (or the specs)? Anyway I will try a couple of smd inductor from old mainboards...
Old 03-25-2014, 01:33   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

post result when you done ^^
Old 04-14-2014, 10:53   #5 (permalink)

Sorry for the Delay.

I tried to replace it with two single inductors with each around 1,0-1,3 Ohms. The original double inductor i guess had something about 2,3 (+1 Ohms.).

It didn't work. It stopped installation on the computer after the recognition of the tablet.

I will give it a new try as soon i find some match able inductors.

Or will it be possible to connect two 1Ohm conductors in series to match the 2,x ohm (like connection two resistors in series)?
Old 04-14-2014, 22:27   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

what are you seeing at battery icon in PB when you plug USB charrger or connect with PC? and what's the PC say when plugged?
Check again the 4th pin at USB-connector at your PB, if it short with Gnd (less than 350ohm), try to cut it at PCB. This will enable USB-OTG at PB and PC will not recognise PC (but PB's OS not support OTG). I will take picture as soon as I could
The Following User Says Thank You to Khatiger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2014, 06:38   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 25662
Thanks Meter: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by fa3r4 View Post
Sorry for the Delay.

I tried to replace it with two single inductors with each around 1,0-1,3 Ohms. The original double inductor i guess had something about 2,3 (+1 Ohms.).

It didn't work. It stopped installation on the computer after the recognition of the tablet.

I will give it a new try as soon i find some match able inductors.

Or will it be possible to connect two 1Ohm conductors in series to match the 2,x ohm (like connection two resistors in series)?
what's Khatiger say is right inductor value is not so important,its used to filter high RF signal.Do as per jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg playbook usb.jpg (67.2 KB, 113 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Munir For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2014, 17:25   #8 (permalink)

Thanks both to you.

I checked OTG its not shortet with GND. I only shortet pin5 (GND) with the Housing from the connector.

I also soldered a new connector.

I will remove the ESD IC.

here the acutal state...:
Quote:
abload[DOT]de/img/newconnectornop2i[DOT]jpg

As soon i have 10 Posts i will edit this dump posts with no working links and attach the images.
Old 04-25-2014, 17:44   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khatiger View Post
what are you seeing at battery icon in PB when you plug USB charrger or connect with PC? and what's the PC say when plugged?
connected to PC:
Nothing at all. Its like not connected. No charging symbol.
Windows shows unkown device. The Blackberry device manager starts, but then it stops after the installation attempt.

connected to USB-Charger:
shows icon, charges fine.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:32   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 25662
Thanks Meter: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by fa3r4 View Post
connected to PC:
Nothing at all. Its like not connected. No charging symbol.
Windows shows unkown device. The Blackberry device manager starts, but then it stops after the installation attempt.

connected to USB-Charger:
shows icon, charges fine.
now check both DATA+&DATA- lines with ohms meter (multimeter) value are almost equal by minor difference.If there is vast difference than data line is not working according to pc require.If so than it is impossible.bcuz no schematic.
Also test that insert any pendrive using its adapter cable and check in file manager, do it show any external drive.If yes than also you can't do any thing bcuz pc connection lines and OTG lines control ic not working, where its located ask some master for schematic or jpg.

one request pls.. upload photo after cleanning well very ugly photo.
sorry.......