GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Support (SIM Solution) > X-Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 12:01   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1907362
Thanks Meter: 0
disable carrier update settings how PERMANENTLY???

im using x sim 4.17
iphone 5 6.13

how do i disable update carrier settings?...its alway asking..so annoying...
one time i updated it...my signal is gone....then i need to remove the x sim full reset the phone...and insert again the xsim ...

HOW CAN I PERMANENTLY DISABLE CARRIER UPDATE SETTINGS.....I DONT WANT TO UPDATE .
Old 04-02-2013, 12:43   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 49752
Sonork: QQ:1474246528
Thanks Meter: 6,085
Hello
you can do by editing info.plist and version.plist from carrier.bundle your carrier folder with maximum number.

ps: for that need jailbreak. as you posted 6.1.3 is still not jailbreakable.

Regards,
Chevli
Old 04-02-2013, 12:52   #3 (permalink)

Member: 1907362
Thanks Meter: 0
any links or tuts on how to do it ....i'll wait for the jailbreak release for the 6.1.3
Old 04-02-2013, 18:34   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1828162
Thanks Meter: 172
Not possible phone naturally wants to do it. maybe some method with jailbreak im not aware of.

Best Regards, X-SIM.BIZ USA
Old 04-02-2013, 20:03   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1105251
Thanks Meter: 18
with jailbreak its possible....
Old 02-05-2014, 06:12   #6 (permalink)

Member: 2059536
Thanks Meter: 3
How can you do it now we have jailbreak on ios 7
Old 02-07-2014, 09:14   #7 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1973965
Thanks Meter: 6
I would also like to know.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:02   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1938435
Thanks Meter: 208
Donate money to this user
There's no effective way to do this as far as I know. The reason the iPhone asks for a carrier update is it detects that the stock carrier bundle in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone has an update for /var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone even if you modify the version and info.plist in the first directory. If you make no changes, the directory will update as normal. Now you can change the .plist in /var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone, but now you will be using the stock carrier bundle instead of the unlocked/custom carrier bundle that you want to use. You can change the directory back to /System/..., but you'll still get the update warnings forever. You can either choose custom carrier bundles(necessary for CDMA unlocking) with updates every hour or so or stick with the stock bundle and no updates(no MMS available usually). I know there is some kind of fix for this issue, but I can't figure it out yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to SIMTester For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2014, 00:22   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1938435
Thanks Meter: 208
Donate money to this user
I've solved the issue. The issue is you can't redirect the symbolic link. Keep the symbolic link the same, go into the default locked carrier bundle in /var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone, open the info.plist file, change version and bundle version to 20.0. Copy the info.plist, paste it into your carrier bundle which may or may not be in the same folder. Now rename the locked carrier bundle to anything else like I'm using a Verizon 4S so I have to rename it to vodafoneold_nl.bundle. Now I rename my TMobile_US.bundle(with modified version.plist from vodafone_nl.bundle) to vodafone_nl.bundle. Now no more carrier updates. Sometimes, the Carrier Bundle.bundle symbolic link in /var/mobile/Library is still pointing to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/

If that's the case, just change it to /var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/whatever symboic link your phone uses by default.

For 4S, you have to change the carrier.plist /Property List Viewer / Supported SIMs and add the symbolic link number your default carrier uses. I have to add 20404 for vodafone_nl.bundle(most US CDMA carriers use this bundle). Sprint uses the 310SPR bundle, but I don't think you need to add 310SPR(it's an exception).

If anyone wants a 4S ipcc that can be loaded through itunes(so you only have to change the 310VZW or 310SPR symbolic link in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone to Unknown.bundle) for everything to work, I can provide that.
The Following User Says Thank You to SIMTester For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2015, 15:33   #10 (permalink)

Member: 1537974
Thanks Meter: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMTester View Post
I've solved the issue. The issue is you can't redirect the symbolic link. Keep the symbolic link the same, go into the default locked carrier bundle in /var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone, open the info.plist file, change version and bundle version to 20.0. Copy the info.plist, paste it into your carrier bundle which may or may not be in the same folder. Now rename the locked carrier bundle to anything else like I'm using a Verizon 4S so I have to rename it to vodafoneold_nl.bundle. Now I rename my TMobile_US.bundle(with modified version.plist from vodafone_nl.bundle) to vodafone_nl.bundle. Now no more carrier updates. Sometimes, the Carrier Bundle.bundle symbolic link in /var/mobile/Library is still pointing to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/

If that's the case, just change it to /var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/whatever symboic link your phone uses by default.

For 4S, you have to change the carrier.plist /Property List Viewer / Supported SIMs and add the symbolic link number your default carrier uses. I have to add 20404 for vodafone_nl.bundle(most US CDMA carriers use this bundle). Sprint uses the 310SPR bundle, but I don't think you need to add 310SPR(it's an exception).

If anyone wants a 4S ipcc that can be loaded through itunes(so you only have to change the 310VZW or 310SPR symbolic link in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone to Unknown.bundle) for everything to work, I can provide that.
i cant understand your manual. can you write a man for noobs like me please? i have i5 sprint with 7.0.4 and heicard. all works well exept phone want to update carrier settings....