GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Support (SIM Solution) > X-Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 03:41   #16 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 276082
Thanks Meter: 113
Donate money to this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabri3l View Post
Any solution for 3G internet ?
E is too slow.I am using a 4G LTE micro sim and made it work with this tutorial but without 3G my iPhone 4S seems useless.
If i change my micro sim 4G LTE to another micro sim should it work?
And what type should be the new micro sim.
In my country i used 3G without problem that's why now i need a little help.
Thank you in advance.
it will not available until official ios 7 release. atlease you still can use now rather then nothing..
usually all nano sim will not support due to simcard compatible issue with all other sim proxy solution, but you can try change to a normal type of simcard and cut it to nano to try, but you need to remove the iR0se.
this iR0se solution mainly for nano sim, 128k sim or 4g simcard that not support and after patch it will able to use.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:34   #17 (permalink)

Member: 2021876
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymtong View Post
it will not available until official ios 7 release. atlease you still can use now rather then nothing..
usually all nano sim will not support due to simcard compatible issue with all other sim proxy solution, but you can try change to a normal type of simcard and cut it to nano to try, but you need to remove the iR0se.
this iR0se solution mainly for nano sim, 128k sim or 4g simcard that not support and after patch it will able to use.
The problem is that i changed from normal sim cutted (damaged) to a micro sim that supports 4G LTE too. I entered the imei and all like before but it was giving me No Service thats why i came here for a solution. I used iR0se first to solve it.I removed iR0se and the sim now is continuing to work even without iR0se (seems like no needed iRose at all) but still cant use 3G. The carrier is providing me only 3G internet not 4G LTE but the Sim is Compatible with 4G LTE too. Has this nothing to do with my internet problem ?
If i get a normal sim and i cut it you think i should be able to use 3G on my provider.
Note:I used 3G internet connection before but not with this provider.
And another question:If i ask for another sim should i tell them what kind of sim for eg: sim that provides me only 3G internet?
What kind of sims should provide me 3G internet and not only E (Like now)
Thank you in advance.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:27   #18 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 276082
Thanks Meter: 113
Donate money to this user
Quote:
The problem is that i changed from normal sim cutted (damaged) to a micro sim that supports 4G LTE too. I entered the imei and all like before but it was giving me No Service thats why i came here for a solution. I used iR0se first to solve it.I removed iR0se and the sim now is continuing to work even without iR0se (seems like no needed iRose at all) but still cant use 3G. The carrier is providing me only 3G internet not 4G LTE but the Sim is Compatible with 4G LTE too. Has this nothing to do with my internet problem ?
If i get a normal sim and i cut it you think i should be able to use 3G on my provider.
Note:I used 3G internet connection before but not with this provider.
And another question:If i ask for another sim should i tell them what kind of sim for eg: sim that provides me only 3G internet?
What kind of sims should provide me 3G internet and not only E (Like now)
Thank you in advance.

all this problem is simcard compatible issue, is nothing wrong with your carrier sim, you have to try with your luck by getting another basic type of sim cut it to nano and try it. if it no service then u need to use iR0se. iR0se already install in your phone, even u delete it, it will still there until u format it.
they have another solution without format your phone to switch nano or non nano sim, but it need to buy a patch to work, i can't publish here.. it is from other compatible, hope you understand
Old 09-10-2013, 09:44   #19 (permalink)

Member: 2019272
ios 7 is coming today
Old 09-10-2013, 09:48   #20 (permalink)

My iPhone 4s uses micro sim and seems too strange that it works with some sims and not with others i will try with another sim maybe i get more luccky than with the last 2 sims.
Any solution will come for this on iOs 7.0 ? We need new x sims for the iOs 7.0 upgrades ?
Anyway unistalling iRose without erasing iPhone ?
Old 09-10-2013, 12:08   #21 (permalink)

Ok i solved the problem (after destroying 3-4 sims). I just went to my carrier and changed my sim card 4G LTE 128k with a GSMA 64k sim (aka old tech) at least in this way i can use 3G,MMS,SMS,Call without losing my previous number. Maybe this might work for iPhone 5 too if you don't want to use 4G internet. A temporary solution till some update will come for 4G.
Thank you for all answers,
Gabri3l
Old 09-10-2013, 21:58   #22 (permalink)

Member: 2015252
I was not so lucky like Gabri3l, I got a normal sim, I cut it, I uninstalled iR0se and 3G is not working, signal - NO SERVICE - signal, is not a network stability. Now I want again to install iR0se, but when I press install button from iTools, nothing was happened. I read some posts upper that iR0se is installed until format the phone, there is other option to reinstall it or to find it, without losing phone content?

Thanks / Alex
Old 09-11-2013, 04:06   #23 (permalink)

I needed to reset my iphone to unistall irose. But try with a GSMA 64k sim. I tried 5 sims just for test and all worked. Try normal sims then cut them by your self.
Maybe restoring your iphone from a backup might unistall irose. Irose is useful to make 128k sims work but only on EDGE. Whats the points using 128k sims with EDGE when you use 64k ones with 3G.
128k sims are good if want to use 4G LTE but since now that is not provided i prefer old sims.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:51   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
I needed to reset my iphone to unistall irose. But try with a GSMA 64k sim. I tried 5 sims just for test and all worked. Try normal sims then cut them by your self.
Maybe restoring your iphone from a backup might unistall irose. Irose is useful to make 128k sims work but only on EDGE. Whats the points using 128k sims with EDGE when you use 64k ones with 3G.
128k sims are good if want to use 4G LTE but since now that is not provided i prefer old sims.
I have a 64k sim, the old sim, I cut it, but I have the same behavior when I uninstalled the iR0se, first I have signal 2-3 minutes, and only E, after some minutes the signal is going down and NO SERVICE, after 2 minutes the signal comes again and these is a repetitive loop.

Note: I uninstalled iR0se and I deleted the profiles created with iR0se in settings.

other hints ?

BR / Alex
Old 09-11-2013, 07:51   #25 (permalink)

iRose stay on your iphone even after you delete it, it will stay there until u format it, at least this is what a user here said me, thats why i reseted phone.
I don't know if iRose is giving you the current problem or not unfortunately
Make a backup and reset your iphone to test it.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:42   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
iRose stay on your iphone even after you delete it, it will stay there until u format it, at least this is what a user here said me, thats why i reseted phone.
I don't know if iRose is giving you the current problem or not unfortunately
Make a backup and reset your iphone to test it.
What do you mean with Reset? General > Reset > Reset all Settings / Erase all Content and Settings / Reset Network Settings ?

Which one ?

BR / Alex
Old 09-11-2013, 09:44   #27 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1915500
Thanks Meter: 37
Install again irose, choose the patch section but click on down button - patch close> OK , restart device !

BR
Old 09-11-2013, 09:47   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by venelin View Post
Install again irose, choose the patch section but click on down button - patch close> OK , restart device !

BR
This is only thing I should do ? Only disable patch from iR0se app ? I don't need to uninstall it?
Also remove all the profiles from Settings > General > Profiles ?

SMS, CALLS, E is working with patch and a 64k sim cut into a nano-sim, but no 3G.
I will try again to disable iR0se, and to see if works.

BR / Alex
Old 09-11-2013, 14:46   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by venelin View Post

BR
I have tried, disable patch from app, delete Profiles from General, restart device, and also appears No Service.
Old 09-12-2013, 20:16   #30 (permalink)

Member: 2024251
Lightbulb

How can I install an .ipa file?
There is no way to jailbreak my device

I have iPhone 4s, 6.1.3, my Carrier is Kyivstar, Ukraine, and there are no signal bars, just a name of my carrier. Have latest 420 XSIm.