GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported IMEI calculator Sites or Software Products > CDMA Workshop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 22:36   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2079234
Thanks Meter: 5
Flashed LG LS970 & LS980 3G Connection Problem

Hello. I flashed a Sprint LG G2 to PagePlus. The Flash goes well and All my items stick. But the problem is the connection is unstable. I'm noticed with both the LS970 and LS980 the same problem happens. The mobile data will first connect with 1x then to Evdo. Then the network will disconnect. I flash phones to pageplus all the time and they all have 3G - EVDO. I used the LG NV items posted by a user in this forum and that let my HDR Username/Password stick. But the unstable 3G is crazy. It will not stay connected. Why are the new LG phones like this? Has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution? I look forward to people's reply because I know a lot of people have run into this problem. Thanks in advanced.

Old 12-06-2013, 20:47   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1081371
Thanks Meter: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_old View Post
Hello. I flashed a Sprint LG G2 to PagePlus. The Flash goes well and All my items stick. But the problem is the connection is unstable. I'm noticed with both the LS970 and LS980 the same problem happens. The mobile data will first connect with 1x then to Evdo. Then the network will disconnect. I flash phones to pageplus all the time and they all have 3G - EVDO. I used the LG NV items posted by a user in this forum and that let my HDR Username/Password stick. But the unstable 3G is crazy. It will not stay connected. Why are the new LG phones like this? Has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution? I look forward to people's reply because I know a lot of people have run into this problem. Thanks in advanced.

Make sure that you have all your ITEMS stick ... i had couple of problems with this also ... i just make sure everything stick ...

Old 12-11-2013, 16:30   #3 (permalink)

Hello. Thanks for your reply. So I got the 3G working but with some very minor problems... First the only way the 3G data will work is if you turn the mobile data OFF-ON about 4 to 5 times... Is this how this phone works after you flash it? Because honestly, it sücks. The second problem I have is the Hands-Free Activation will not go away. I pops up all the time. So besides those 2 problems, I successfully got the 3G working. But these problems make me want to throw this phone against the wall. I'm wondering kind sir, did you run into these problems as well? And did you find a solution for them? Thanks so much for your help, look forward to your reply.

Old 12-13-2013, 18:11   #4 (permalink)

Member: 2084065
Thanks Meter: 0
Hey I'm new here, but i was having the same problems. This worked for me. Hope it works for you.
Make sure all the evdo settings are sticking (nv-items in my case). I also enabled two profiles and set to PrefMobileIP. Then for the sprint lg ls980(4.2.2) dial 5589#*980# hit send. Then enter msl. Look for "data", in there look for "PPP". Then "carrier type" (is set to Sprint) change to "undetermined". Then reboot!

Old 12-14-2013, 22:01   #5 (permalink)

Cool

That's interesting. Thanks for the reply. I'm going to be honest. I gave up on this phone and got the Verizon LG G2. It flashes with absolutely no problems. Thanks for helping me out. If I have a customer in the future that needs the Sprint LG G2 flashed I will take your advice. But the good thing is, a lot of information about this phone is here for future people that run into these problems. Take care and Good Luck.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:35   #6 (permalink)

Member: 281992
Sonork: 100005
Thanks Meter: 4
how to enter NCK code to LS980?

Old 02-27-2014, 20:30   #7 (permalink)

Member: 2137508
anyone know what free programs can be used to flash the Sprint LS980? OP you mentioned that you were able to do it, but I'm assuming you used the paid version of CDMA workshop?

Last edited by Pluton; 02-27-2014 at 21:28.

Old 03-22-2014, 20:54   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabeetus View Post
anyone know what free programs can be used to flash the Sprint LS980? OP you mentioned that you were able to do it, but I'm assuming you used the paid version of CDMA workshop?

Always use the paid version of CDMA workshop...THEY DESERVE EVERY SINGLE PENNY! =)

Old 04-07-2014, 18:08   #9 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1268555
Thanks Meter: 2
I have a Sprint LG LS970 I'm trying to get on Page Plus. I have everything, but the web.

I did a master reset, ##786# and ##72786#

I flashed both the LGE AndroidNet For Diagnostics Port and LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port

I added a "DMU" folder and copied the "10key" in there

I used 60008, 60007, and 53247.prl I wrote them Universal NOT LG

I changed the EVDO Rev: Revision A protocols with MFPA

I added a profile and both profiles are enabled

I changed the R. Interval: 2000ms and M.IP Beh: MobileIP

I don't know what else to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 04-08-2014, 15:03   #10 (permalink)

Hello. The LS970 is a douchebag phone. Honestly I was only able to get solid 1x from this phone. And I got solid 1x from just flashing the Serial port only. When I messed with the diagnostic port the internet starts acting retarded. There are just some phones that don't like to flash right. Hopefully some other people on this forum can chime in but I have no clue how to get solid 3g on your phone. Good luck.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:54   #11 (permalink)

Member: 2184227
hello, i im using lg l2 sprint version unlocked for both cdma and gsm.
suddenly data on cdma has stopped working.
so i flashed with ZV8 stock firmware, rooted and unlocked. GSM everything is working fine.
i changed ruim config to ruim only. in PPP settings i changed to undetermined. voice on cdma is working but data is not working.
Pls somebody help me to fix this issue.....

Last edited by Pluton; 05-11-2014 at 20:04.

Old 05-24-2014, 21:23   #12 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 2138194
Thanks Meter: 2
Ran into the same issue while attempting to flash it to another carrier other than Pageplus. I spent countless hours and found out nothing new. Evenually my customer just had to accept that 3g data wasn't going to be an option only 1x.