GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported IMEI calculator Sites or Software Products > CDMA Workshop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2015, 17:22   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1268555
Thanks Meter: 2
Flashing NEWER Sprint phones to Boost

Is this the program people are using to flash Sprint S5's Note 4's to Boost?

Old 04-25-2015, 22:34   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2377057
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyzfr6 View Post
Is this the program people are using to flash Sprint S5's Note 4's to Boost?
No ... They are calling BoostMobile for it ...

Old 04-26-2015, 18:37   #3 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1895702
Thanks Meter: 4
People are definitely activating them natively...but they're definitely still being flashed...I had a customer bring me a Sprint Galaxy s6 last night partially flashed to Boost...had a Samsung Reclaim showing up on his account but his mied was the same..bruteforced obviously...To answer the OP that's how people are flashing the ones that need to be flashed(like the Note4's , bad esn s5's and s6's)...oh we can add bad esn Note3's to that list now too, with this last lovely Samsung 5.0 Lollipop update.

Old 04-27-2015, 00:14   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillboosted View Post
People are definitely activating them natively...but they're definitely still being flashed...I had a customer bring me a Sprint Galaxy s6 last night partially flashed to Boost...had a Samsung Reclaim showing up on his account but his mied was the same..bruteforced obviously...To answer the OP that's how people are flashing the ones that need to be flashed(like the Note4's , bad esn s5's and s6's)...oh we can add bad esn Note3's to that list now too, with this last lovely Samsung 5.0 Lollipop update.
No ... They are not being flashed ... My buddy has boostmobile dealer code and calls it in and the Boost Rep ads the MEID into Boostmobile database .. Not at all models are compatible that is why you have to call it in ... No flash need it ... Just have a Sim Card inserted ...

Old 04-29-2015, 05:23   #5 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Read a little more carefully...

Quote:
Originally Posted by _GuRu_ View Post
No ... They are not being flashed ... My buddy has boostmobile dealer code and calls it in and the Boost Rep ads the MEID into Boostmobile database .. Not at all models are compatible that is why you have to call it in ... No flash need it ... Just have a Sim Card inserted ...
"To answer the OP that's how people are flashing the ones that need to be flashed(like the Note4's , bad esn s5's and s6's)...oh we can add bad esn Note3's to that list now too, with this last lovely Samsung 5.0 Lollipop update."

You misunderstood me GuRu...The OP asked how are they FLASHING the newer sprint phones...I know they are activating GOOD esn S5's, and Note3's(and since I posted that ,supposedly the Note4's) but I was referring to Bruteforcing the BAD esn s5's, s6's, and Note3's on lollipop..and of course bad esn note4's.....(although a guy told me today you can downgrade the note3 from lollipop to kitkat, which I havent verified yet(has anyone else?) but if thats the case maybe the Note3's on lollipop can still be downgraded and flashed the regular way.

Old 04-29-2015, 21:01   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
"To answer the OP that's how people are flashing the ones that need to be flashed(like the Note4's , bad esn s5's and s6's)...oh we can add bad esn Note3's to that list now too, with this last lovely Samsung 5.0 Lollipop update."

You misunderstood me GuRu...The OP asked how are they FLASHING the newer sprint phones...I know they are activating GOOD esn S5's, and Note3's(and since I posted that ,supposedly the Note4's) but I was referring to Bruteforcing the BAD esn s5's, s6's, and Note3's on lollipop..and of course bad esn note4's.....(although a guy told me today you can downgrade the note3 from lollipop to kitkat, which I havent verified yet(has anyone else?) but if thats the case maybe the Note3's on lollipop can still be downgraded and flashed the regular way.
Correct me if im wrong ... But why would you downgrade the OS just to put them on Boostmobile "unless your doing something else to the device"

Old 04-30-2015, 06:34   #7 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Quote:
Correct me if im wrong ... But why would you downgrade the OS just to put them on Boostmobile "unless your doing something else to the device"
"unless your doing something else to the device" ...Uh that is what we do, and talk about here isn't it?? Flashing devices w/ cdma ws...this thread isn't about activating Sprint devices on Boost that can be activated natively..w/o being flashed...

Not sure I follow you....But If you wanted to flash a Note3 on 4.4.4 you usually need to downgrade the os to 4.4.2 so you can change the modem out,,to prevent the redX??? At least thats the way Ive always done it.

(First off keep in mind I have yet to play(flash to Boost) with a Sprint Note4 on Lollipop)...

Anyways, The question I was (sorta) posing ..was I was always under the impression(that around the time they introduced their imei cert lock) they also took away the ability to downgrade between new and old os's ie once you were on kitkat you couldnt downgrade to jellybean...But the other day someone was telling me that you can downgrade from Lollipop to Kitkat..thereby making it possible to load the modem that doesnt have imei cert on it..thereby not requiring a Note3 on lollipop to be flashed with the bruteforce method....thoughts Guru? Anyone?

The Following User Says Thank You to stillboosted For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2015, 19:46   #8 (permalink)

Member: 2111614
yeah u can downgrade note3 from lollipop to kitkat 4.4.2 via odin, then flash 4.3 modem

The Following User Says Thank You to assiel1989 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2015, 17:59   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
"unless your doing something else to the device" ...Uh that is what we do, and talk about here isn't it?? Flashing devices w/ cdma ws...this thread isn't about activating Sprint devices on Boost that can be activated natively..w/o being flashed...

Not sure I follow you....But If you wanted to flash a Note3 on 4.4.4 you usually need to downgrade the os to 4.4.2 so you can change the modem out,,to prevent the redX??? At least thats the way Ive always done it.

(First off keep in mind I have yet to play(flash to Boost) with a Sprint Note4 on Lollipop)...

Anyways, The question I was (sorta) posing ..was I was always under the impression(that around the time they introduced their imei cert lock) they also took away the ability to downgrade between new and old os's ie once you were on kitkat you couldnt downgrade to jellybean...But the other day someone was telling me that you can downgrade from Lollipop to Kitkat..thereby making it possible to load the modem that doesnt have imei cert on it..thereby not requiring a Note3 on lollipop to be flashed with the bruteforce method....thoughts Guru? Anyone?
I completely understand what you are saying but you are doing a different way ... you are downgrading the "modem" to clone the MEID ... If you have a dealer code with Boostmobile you can just call it in and OTA programmed it ... I have told my friend to call it in "He uses his dealer code" but the MEID has to be clean ... "Blacklisted" well is a different story you should be able to know how to do that part ...

Old 05-02-2015, 02:02   #10 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Quote:
I completely understand what you are saying but you are doing a different way ... you are downgrading the "modem" to clone the MEID ... If you have a dealer code with Boostmobile you can just call it in and OTA programmed it ... I have told my friend to call it in "He uses his dealer code" but the MEID has to be clean ... "Blacklisted" well is a different story you should be able to know how to do that part ...

I got you now...Yeah I have a dealer code also, I was referring strictly to blacklisted devices...

Glad to get confirmation about downgrading lollipop..thanks Assiel1989!

So has anyone tried the Sprint iPhones thru the dealer portal yet? I heard they were gonna be possible now also(Havent gotten one in to try with yet) If they add them , It's looking like the only Sprint phones that are gonna need flashed anymore are the blacklisted ones.

Old 05-15-2015, 20:02   #11 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 2138194
Bad esn

Essentially if you have a G900P ,Bad ESN it is useless

Old 05-16-2015, 18:17   #12 (permalink)

g900p brute force but 1x data

Flash days are numbered

Old 05-26-2015, 18:26   #13 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by assiel1989 View Post

Flash days are numbered

Agreed, there's always gonna be bad esn, and ineligible devices...but yeah as soon as the word gets out, it aint gonna be like it used to be...That's for sure.

Old 05-26-2015, 18:30   #14 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdewwit View Post
Essentially if you have a G900P ,Bad ESN it is useless

Or good esn too...bc if its attached to a active Sprint account ..your dead...Has a installment contract on the device...your dead....and on lollipop...your dead in the water....

Correct me if im wrong plz ...anyone...PLZ lol...(this *****)

Old 05-27-2015, 17:03   #15 (permalink)

and domestic unlock is dead too