GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported IMEI calculator Sites or Software Products > CDMA Workshop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 01:28   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1895702
Thanks Meter: 4
Incognito Meid Repair and profile updating.

I have a few broken Incognitos here that are collecting dust...I also have Incognitos that have been left by previous customers...I had attempted before to take the meids from the inoperable incognitos and write them to the working ones so that I could use them to flash with...on my previous attempts I was successful in changing the meid but when I tried to update the profile (to get the passwords) it would never update the profile...and I thought for sure that it was not possible.

Then the other day a customer brings me a Incognito that they say Boost cannot activate...after my own attempts to activate I finally decided to check the meid to see if it was different than the meid on the back of the phone...sure enough it was. I thought, well now I know what the problem is but I still wont be able to update the profile on it...to my amazement when I activated the phone and updated the profile it was successful. The phone worked exactly as it should even though the meid had been changed.

So my question is....What am I doing wrong? Has anyone changed the mied on a Incognito and gotten the profile to update, and if so, how did you do it. I know I am missing something. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:36   #2 (permalink)
Insane Poster

EDIT: Btw, I just want to clarify, it was the Samsung Rant who's Meid I was able to change but that I was never able to get to update the profile.

I was never able to change the Mied on the Sanyo Incognito. I would like to be able to do this. Like I said, after coming across the Incognito who's meid had been changed and it was able to be activated and the profile updated...I know it can be done. I have tried everything on CDMA ws...Oddly the Sanyo esn repair feature says it only works on Sanyos up to the 8300 models...yet for some reason it won't work on the 6760?

Thanks for any help.

Old 06-27-2013, 22:48   #3 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Come on...I know someone here can help me.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:05   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 20073
Thanks Meter: 250
stillboosted
Quote:
the Sanyo esn repair feature says it only works on Sanyos up to the 8300 models...yet for some reason it won't work on the 6760?

Sanyo 6760 is more new model than Sanyo 8300.

"Sanyo method" in CDMA Workshop will work for ESN repair only for older already Sanyo models, such as: Sanyo 4900, 5300, 5400, 5500, 7200, 7300, 8100, 8200, etc

The Following User Says Thank You to Pluton For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2013, 00:02   #5 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Ahh ok I just figured the model numbers went consecutively... Well that *****.. I wonder how the meid was changed on the one I came across then. Thanks for the clarification Pluton.

Old 06-29-2013, 00:23   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1081371
Thanks Meter: 720
Maybe this will help ... i only used it for the (sprint version)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/83.../6760_MEID.rar

**Im not responsible if your phone becomes dead, By downloading this file you take full responsibility**

The Following User Says Thank You to jusmejose For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2013, 05:46   #7 (permalink)
Insane Poster

I can see the exe file and bin files but I how exactly is it used? Can you pm me the instructions on how to use it, or post them please. Thanks JusmeJose.