GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported IMEI calculator Sites or Software Products > CDMA Workshop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2014, 04:49   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2294223
Thanks Meter: 0
Sprint LG G2 (LS 980) AAA HRN not sticking

I'm flashing G2 with my exisiting Sprint 3G donor phone info and use it in my legacy plan.
I had experience flashing old LG Optimus S and Galaxy S3 with my donor info, so I'm sure the AAA key and the HRN passowrd etc are all accurate. The G2 I got off ebay is already on ZVD update and stock recovery unrooted.

I remember with Optimus S, I need to use Anycut app to make a shortcut of CDG2 and set PPP carrier to "undetermined" for the NV values to stick, otherwise they got reverted after reboot. But for this ZVD update, I found no such setting in HiddenMenu. I have got the ESN, MEID written, so I got voice, txt and inconsistent 1x data.

I'm thinking not getting 3G is still caused by my AAA key and password not sticking, since I never got the way to set the PPP carrier. I searched a lot at XDA and google, nothing at XDA but something here. So my questions are:

1. I know previous ver of ROMs such as ZV8 etc still has the PPP setting in the HiddenMenu, so should I revert to the previous ROM to flash and get 3G, then do the updates? Will I lose the written 3G related AAA key and password after going back to ZVD or ZVE? Seems like people were talking about this issue in some of the posts here.

2. In this forum, posters mentioned that the use of customized NV item to get NV stick, is it a Pageplus thing specific or I can use it with Sprint?

3. My donor is a HTC TP2, so it's also a GSM/CDMA phone, but all my previous flashing experiences are for non-GSM phone (GS3, Optimus S), never dealt with flashing the IMEI. Should I flash my donor's IMEI to be safe or just take out the SIM and leave that part alone? Enabling the GSM capability would be nice though (I'm talking about using SIMs when I'm traveling abroad, say India or China). Would it be possible at all? Weird thing is after my flash and reboot a few times, my 1x started to get very unstable, and the phone even started to try getting on LTE network, of course the browser got me to ecare asking for payment, but it kinda freaked me out. I might just take the SIM out.

Anyway, thanks a lot.

Old 02-27-2015, 20:03   #2 (permalink)

Member: 1277259
Thanks Meter: 1
i am having the same issue the username and aaa key are not sticking once the phone reboots. any solution yet?