GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported IMEI calculator Sites or Software Products > CDMA Workshop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2014, 05:39   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1212722
Thanks Meter: 0
Sprint s4 and Note 2 on 4.3 serial port BLOCKED!!!!! PLEASE HELP!

Hi guys!

I have 2 phones with blocked serial ports!

Sprint s4 serial port shows up on cdma workshop but cdma workshop with not connect to it....its like its blocked...its connects but does not read or does not allow you to do anything....says "Failed device no answer"

fyi........I have already tried factory resets.....also turning off usb debugging and choosing MTP then pulling the battery....been there done that.

Please help
Thanks

Old 02-19-2014, 02:13   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2084065
I've had the same problem. With 4.2.2 I would dial *#7284# and select "USB" and that would fix the issue.

With 4.3 that no longer works. If factory resets didn't work, it could be a driver issue. I use samsung kies since there is an option to re-install the drivers if there is a connection problem.

If that still doesn't work, try dialing *#9090# Make sure its in the option [4] DM over UART(*) Do not select any option other than that, since it is very easy to lose you imei which can render you phone useless

These are the steps that i tried and worked for me. Hope this helps

Old 02-22-2014, 05:32   #3 (permalink)

Member: 2097456
##3282# i think it is.... or ##3424#, or in worste ce there is a app, a diag mode app, phone utiliteis.....that opens it up to switch settings

Old 09-16-2014, 10:02   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 435527
Thanks Meter: 77
##DMMODE# 100% TESTED by me

Old 09-25-2014, 23:45   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 2076039
Thanks Meter: 648
Donate money to this user
First off Sprint devices don't use DMMODE, they use DIAG or *#0808#. Secondly, the L720 gives two ports. Dunno why. Anyway, only one of them is usable by us. Try one. If it doesnt work try the other one. If that ALL doesn't work, turn off the phone, connect a UART cable and go to *#7284# and make sure it's on AP or PDA. If *#9090# is supported make sure it's NOT on UART or HSUSB. It should be on HSIC (DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP SINCE OTHERS HAVE SAID OTHERWISE. It comes at HSIC from the factory and that's where it should stay. Under NO circumstances do you EVER need to change this on the L720).

Old 09-26-2014, 05:22   #6 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1895702
Thanks Meter: 4
ecs87 is correct, but just to clarify...

To connect both to pc and show up on com port so that cdma ws reads them, they are both basically the same.. with the s4 being slightly different than all other Sprint models:

1. USB Debugging enabled
2. ##3424# (may need to enter msl/spc here)
3. Check mark "cdma modem"(all Sprint samsung phones EXCEPT s4)
3.1 With S4 check mark "PDA"
4. Select "USB Qualcomm Settings"
5. Check mark bottom option "DM+Modem+ADB" Click "OK" You should see "Saved #9" flash at the bottom of screen one time. If you see "Saved #0" it will not connect.

5.1 In the case you see saved 0 , simply hit the back button select the opposite of what you previously selected...So for s4 you will now select "cdma modem" click "usb qualcomm settings" this time check mark the top choice "PDA" click "ok" you should then see "saved #1" now reboot phone and repeat steps 1 thru 5.

On all other Sprint samsung phones, you will hit the back button select "PDA" click "usb quallcomm settings" this time check mark the top choice "PDA" click "ok" you should then see "saved #1" now reboot phone and repeat steps 1 thru 5.

Note: For some reason sometimes the Sprint Samsung phones will need step 5.1 completed after clicking "reset mode" in cdmaws...upon reboot it will still show connected to the com port but you will not be able to read the phone..Until you reset the phone utility via step 5.1 method. It will then instantly read. And like ecs87 said, two com ports will show up under ports...one of the ports, usually the lower number is the dead port, either was if you connect you will get a strange read out in cdmaws...If it says "Failed device does not answer" like the original poster mention, this is because the phone utility needs reset via step 5.1

Old 04-21-2015, 16:31   #7 (permalink)
RPZ

Member: 2371283
stillboosted,

I have a sprint note 2 that I'm flashing to Boost Mobile however I cant get past the "Failed device does not answer." I followed your instruction step by step with the same results.

CDMA WS license - check
Drivers - check

Help!!! - Please

Old 04-25-2015, 07:39   #8 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1895702
Thanks Meter: 4
HOW TO RESET DIAG MODE(SAMSUNG DEVICES ONLY/EXCEPT THE *S4)
---------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes after a reboot the device will show up on port but CDMA WS will say it cannot read it...

(Assuming you have the correct drivers, USB Debugging is on and your starting from the phone already showing on Port but will not be read by the program(CDMAWS).)

STEP 1:
---------------

Unplug from computer.

Dial ##3424#

>Select PDA

>Select USB Qualcomm Settings

>Check Mark "MTP" then select "OK" you should now see "Saved 1" Flash across screen.

> Restart the Phone.

STEP 2:
---------------

Dial ##3424#

>Select CDMA Modem.

>Select USB Qualcomm settings.

>Check Mark "DM+Modem+ABD"

>Select "OK" and you should see " Saved #9" flash across the screen.

>Now open CDMAWS , Select the target port # , click connect..then click read.

Remember, sometimes after the Samsung device is rebooted, you may need to reset the DIAG MODE.

*The s4 Diag Reset instructions are in my post above(They may now require a reboot as well like is needed in these instructions.

Troubleshooting Possible Other Issues:
----------------------------------------------------
1. Refer to ecs87's above post and try that too.

2. Reboot computer

3. Make sure you have no other programs open or with that same target port open ie QPST... To be safe, simply close all programs completely. This means going to the task manager/show hidden icons(with the tiny icons on bottom right hand side of the computer), or the QPST Icon and stopping the server.

4. Try a different USB cable.

5. Try a different USB Port.

Good luck.

Last edited by Pluton; 04-25-2015 at 08:53. Reason: no adver