GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Android based phones

Samsung Android based phones Discussion and all of your questions relating to the Samsung Android based phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2018, 11:08   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2222073
Thanks Meter: 0
Firmware for the SM-G955F in USA

Hello,

Been a while sense i have been here so I'll start of by saying feels good to still see this forum!

I bought the Samsung Galaxy S8+ Weeks before it came out, and paid 1,200 cash for it! Problem is from what I am learning is it is not a us based phone! I saw firmware here
https://androiders.club/threads/down...-firmware.569/

and was wondering if this will work on my device and make it work with usa providers? I dont want to brick this device, but so much different answers on the net! I need to keep it unlocked (as to why I got it in the first place) but would like to flash it to work best with the common USA providers. I have flashed, cloned, and modded devices but am new to this new format with ODIN and want to make sure i do the flash right, and understand the process of how this works. Seems they now come as a zip with like 4 files (the bootloader, as CSC etc.. .And am not sure what these do, nor how to make this device more compatible with USA providers! I thought the 955U firmware would be a fix, but read due to different processors you cannot flash this version,yet other forums say it can be done being its unlocked bootloader..

Thanks for help in advance. If you can answer these questions, and or/ Provide me with the correct files to do this correctly I will be forever greatful

Thanks in advance

Ken (nicklowiczcomputers)

Edit: I know what the bootloader file does, but quick understanding of AP, CP, CSC, would be helpful in understanding the above question
It's SM-G955F (was branded unlocked international) but lot of providers are saying it wont work and doesnt support CDMA or Vlte to which i thought CDMA was its own (ESN) technology.. lost... been out the game for a while

Last edited by Simbalage21; 02-23-2018 at 11:15.