GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Android based phones

Samsung Android based phones Discussion and all of your questions relating to the Samsung Android based phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2021, 08:39   #1 (permalink)

Member: 494684
Thanks Meter: 0
Exclamation Fold 2 - Network blocked - Final IMEI certi failed

Hello all. I have a z Fold 2 SM-f9160 that took a corrupt qcn restore and seems to have killed my IMEI certi (see attached). Really stumped by this issue and want to get it resolved as I can not get any access other than emergency calls or voice over wifi. My IMEI and esn read as should.

Background: after the qpst qcn restore and reboot I got a security error AFTER the phone booted to the OS. This was a toast in the OS and not a boot FRP type error. See attached. This error went away after 5 seconds and comes back every boot. Not sure why I see it either as had not changed any software, just the qcn restore in qpst. After the error screen I noticed my phone stayed in emergency call only mode or if on wifi I can make wifi calls over tmo. ODIN nand erase and full restore of stock (OS 10 and 11) did not correct, nor did any of my Nandroid retores including EFS. Chasing this issue I looked into network blocking and found the Final IMEI Certi: Failed notification and blocked status on network.

How do I go about getting this corrected?

This is an imported phone and it is rooted so unsure if Samsung is going to help resolve the issue. They are next on my list for help as find the community faster and more reilable most of the time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210504-001848_Service mode RIL.jpg (131.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg secError.JPG (53.5 KB, 12 views)
Old 05-11-2021, 12:21   #2 (permalink)

Member: 494684
Anyone have any info on this? Would love mpre info on what the certi is and why mine is now failing. I assume writing a value to the inactive sim2 IMEI NV item triggered the fail but can't remove the NV value now. Not sure removing it would allow my org cert to worka nyway?? Anyone have anything here or links to relevant information?

Thanks,
Andy
Old 08-08-2021, 12:05   #3 (permalink)

Member: 2992270
I am having the same issues with my note 20 ultra.����
Wrote second imei and now network blocked and final patch certi failed...