GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Android based phones

Samsung Android based phones Discussion and all of your questions relating to the Samsung Android based phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 18:23   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2086721
Thanks Meter: 1
Question Galaxy S2 Unknown Baseband/Product & Hardware Codes

Howdy!

Been visiting this forum quite a lot recently about the above issue which seems to have affected quite a percentage of S2 bearers.

I've searched closed threads, other forums (e.g xda - developers) & all of you experts claim that it's a ' nv _ data. bin'

I've followed instructions, countless times. Performed a stock firmware flash (my phone was open to any simcard but as I'm using a '3' SIM I flashed it to a 3 firmware, before this, I flashed to a stock UK/Ireland firmware from sammobile, either process didn't result in my phone working again!

I'm not sure how this happened? It was working without ANY issues & one day my battery drained... as it does and when turning it back on I get a 'stop sign' looking symbol by the clock. I get null / null when performing *#06#, unknown baseband etc, etc.

I've tried my hand at restoring my EFS which I backed up before performing any moderations like rooting, re-flashing, deleting my nv_ data. bin file through root explorer. I've even tried fixing it via EFS Professional which reports that everything is a success... but nope. Still no baseband. I've performed this on both firmwares... the branded firmware (3) & the open firmware (UK/Ireland)

I'm at the end of my tether. The phone was £110 & I've moved cities since purchasing the phone, although I do have the receipt if I ever visit the place again.

What would you guys recommend? I've got a 'device info' from EFS Professional which is copied in this thread. Thanks in advance for any help & advice & please, do not copy and paste forum/link threads stating the obvious like 'its been resolved here, check it out, thread closed' because I would have already checked it out. Hence my post here.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Checking application environment... Okay.
Initializing ADB server... Okay.
-----------------------------------
Performing device checks...
Root status: Perm Rooted.
SU binary version: 0.99:SUPERSU
BusyBox status: Installed.
BusyBox binary version: 1.20.2-jb
EFS Professional is ready for use.
__________________________________________________ _______________

---------- Hardware Information ----------
Connected Device SN.: 001955a4524c5e
Device Manufacturer: SAMSUNG
Device Model: GT-I9100
Product Code: Unknown
Hardware Version: Unknown

---------- Firmware Information ----------
PDA Version: I9100XWLSW
Baseband Version: Unknown
CSC Version: I9100H3GLS5

---------- Software Information ----------
Kernel Release: 3.0.31-Jeboo_Kernel_v1.2a+
Kernel Version: #26 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jan 28 22:48:56 EST 2013
ROM Build: GT-I9100-user 4.1.2 JZO54K I9100XWLSW release-keys
Android Version: 4.1.2
BusyBox Version: 1.20.2-jb
SU Binary Version: 0.99:SUPERSU
The Following User Says Thank You to TomMiezavs For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2013, 16:48   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2086721
Thanks Meter: 1
Anyone?

Would really like some help with this... the better half is cruising around the world and with no phone and just over a tenner in my bank I can't really afford another one!

Sorry for being so inpatient