Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums. |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .
|Samsung Android based phones Discussion and all of your questions relating to the Samsung Android based phones.|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|05-04-2013, 03:02||#16 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cucuta Colombia
Thanks Meter: 1,238
How to Root and Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy S4 I9500 [Tutorial]
Galaxy S4 I9500 users can now root their device with the latest ClockworkMod recovery (CWM) v18.104.22.168 using ODIN flash tool. It must be noted that rooting is essential to fully customise the look of the phone and be able to extend its capability for installing third-party root apps, custom ROMs and latest system tweaks.
Once the device is rooted, users can gain access to various custom ROMs to extend the device battery life by lowering power consumption.
NOTE: Warranty on the device will be void soon after rooting the device. However, users can reclaim the warranty by reinstalling official firmware update. The rooting package and instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. IBTimes UK will not be held liable if device is damaged or bricked during root installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
The Root package and instructions provided in this guide are meant for Galaxy S4 I9500 model only and will not work on any other device. Verify the device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
Backup important data and settings on the phone using CWM recovery, as it creates a complete image of the existing phone setup.
Ensure the device has at least 80% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while rooting the device.
Verify if correct USB drivers are installed for the phone on computer (download Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 USB drivers)
Enable USB debugging mode on the phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (if device is running Android 4.0 or later) or go to Settings > Applications > Development (if phone is running Android 2.3 or earlier). If the device is running Android 4.2, then perform the following steps:
Go to Settings > About Phone
Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select Build Number
Tap the Build Number seven times to unlock or reveal the hidden Developer Options under Settings. Now, select the checkbox to enable USB Debugging mode under Settings > Developer Options.
Ensure that the device isfactory unlocked (not locked to a specific carrier)
The installation of this root package requires ODIN flash tool for Windows OS. However, Linux and Mac OS users should use CrossOver utility to run ODIN. NOTE: To run ODIN as Administrator, right-click on .exe file and then click on "Run as administrator" in context menu. Windows XP and older versions do not need administrator permissions for installing ODIN.
If "MD5 hash value is invalid" error appears in Odin message box, just re-download the root package.
How to Root and Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy S4 I9500
1. Extract the downloaded Root zip file to get a cofface_I9500_cwm_recovery_en_new.tar file.
2. Extract Odin zip file to obtain Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
3. Power off the phone and Wait for vibration (about 5 to 6 seconds) to confirm complete device shutdown.
4. Now, boot the phone in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Home (center) button simultaneously and then long press the Power button until a message prompts the user to tap the Volume Up key to continue.
5. Launch Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator as Admin privileges are required to complete the root installation.
6. Now connect the phone to computer with USB cable. A message reading "Added" appears in Odin's message box at the bottom left of the screen. If the message fails to appear then try another USB port (preferably the one at the back of the computer). If all else fails then just reinstall the phone's USB drivers on the computer. When the successful "Added!!" message appears in Odin proceed to the next step. At this point, the ID: COM port with the corresponding number turns Yellow if the device is added successfully.
7. Choose the extracted file in Odin using respective checkbox to perform flashing:
Select the PDA checkbox, and choose the cofface_I9500_cwm_recovery_en_new.tar file from here.
8. In Odin, ensure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected (leave all other options at default or unchecked).
9. Verify everything in Step 7 and Step 8 are done as mentioned. Then hit the START button in ODIN to begin the flashing process.
10. Once the CWM recovery flashing is complete, the phone will reboot and soon a PASS message with green background appears in the left-most box at the very top of Odin. Now remove the USB cable to disconnect the phone from computer.
Congratulations! ClockworkMod recovery v22.214.171.124 is now successfully installed on the Galaxy S4 I9500. Now, it is time to root the device with a couple of simple steps given below:
Step 1: Boot Galaxy S4 in Recovery mode. To do so, Power off the smartphone and then press and hold the Volume Up and Home (center) buttons together and then long press the Power button. The device should soon boot-up to the Recovery screen with recovery options.
Step 2: In Recovery mode, find and select ROOT YOUR PHONE option. [NOTE: Use Volume keys to browse between options and Home button to select an option in recovery]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Braycel For This Useful Post:
|05-14-2013, 00:12||#18 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pakistan/UAE At MedianaTrading
Thanks Meter: 17,993
|05-17-2013, 16:30||#19 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2010
Thanks Meter: 1
Hello, i already root a samsung aviator r390, but i cant unlock it, can you help me, giving me some softwares or apk to install and unlock please.
I already install various apk, like galaxy tool box for example, but doesnt get good results.
|07-24-2013, 16:02||#21 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Odisha India
Thanks Meter: 38
Can anybody tell me about this problem one of my friend has lost his s3 duos and he was install a quickheal mobile antivirus and was added is number if he lost then he can know actually where is the mobile using if the person who founf he hard reset then can we find the location or the phone
|12-19-2013, 14:19||#25 (permalink)|
No Life Poster
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: in Your Heart :)
Thanks Meter: 308
|12-19-2013, 23:27||#26 (permalink)|
Join Date: Sep 2011
Thanks Meter: 91