GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Android based phones

Samsung Android based phones Discussion and all of your questions relating to the Samsung Android based phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 10:50   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 617073
Sonork: 100.1611349
Thanks Meter: 316
How to Recover IMEI in your Samsung Galaxy S2 Android Phone

There has been many instances where the users of Android mobile device users lose their IMEI numbers and which is indeed a cause of concern as re implanting the IMEI is not an easy job and it’s not recommended as well. The device which we will be talking about on how to recover the IMEI is the Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone. The recovery of the IMEI is very important as without the IMEI some of the network operators doesnt allow the latching of the network which is very painful at times. The loss of IMEI generally happens in the process of custom ROM firmware update.
Note: As of now the below mentioned tutorial should only be applied to the devices with the model number as Samsung Galaxy S2 but as in when this procedure of backing up the IMEI comes to other devices, we will cover the same here.
Before we proceed to the actual instructions, lets know on what are the quick pre requisites you need to fulfill which are mentioned below.
Quick Pre Requisites:
  • Galaxy S2 should be rooted and should not be a Network Locked Device (Unlocked device will do),
  • Root Explorer should be installed in your phone so that you can then copy the files from / to EFS Folder present in your phone.
  • Terminal Emulator app should be installed in your Galaxy S2.
Procedure to Recover IMEI of Samsung Galaxy S2 Android Phone:
  • Open the “Root Explorer” application in your phone and backup the folder which is named as “EFS” to your SD card and another copy you can store it in your computer.
  • Now after ensuring that you have backed up the EFS Folder, delete the “EFS” folder from the root of your phone using the Root explorer.
  • Now, reset the phone and then go to the root via Root explorer and you will see that the EFS Folder still exists. This EFS folder is the new one and not the old one which is automatically generated by the Android OS.
  • In the EFS Folder, delete the file “nv_data.bin”, “nv_data.bin.md5″.
  • Go to the EFS Folder which you have backed up in your device’s SD Card, copy the “IMEI” folder to the EFS Folder in your phone and copy the “.nv_data” file in the EFS Folder at the root of the phone using the root explorer
  • Now, make another copy of “.nv_data” file in the EFS folder of your phone, so by now you will have the two copies of “.nv_data” in the EFS Folder
  • Now, rename one of the”.nv_data.bin” to “nv_data.bin” and another one to the “nv_data.bin.bak”
  • Up next in your PC, open the command prompt at the ADB tool path or run the terminal in your phone to enter the below mentioned commands.
adb shell ( use this command of you use ADB, if you’re using terminal, skip this line )
su ( ALLOW THE MESSAGE CAME AT YOUR PHONE’s DISPLAY BY SUPERUSER PROGRAM )
chown 1001:radio /efs/nv_data.bin
  • Finally reset the phone and there you go, the original IMEI has been restored which you can check by dialing *#06#
Congratulations, you have now successfully recovered your IMEI in your Samsung Galaxy S2. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to address the same.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:02   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 328688
Thanks Meter: 2,282
Donate money to this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhtarmughal View Post
There has been many instances where the users of Android mobile device users lose their IMEI numbers and which is indeed a cause of concern as re implanting the IMEI is not an easy job and it’s not recommended as well. The device which we will be talking about on how to recover the IMEI is the Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone. The recovery of the IMEI is very important as without the IMEI some of the network operators doesnt allow the latching of the network which is very painful at times. The loss of IMEI generally happens in the process of custom ROM firmware update.
Note: As of now the below mentioned tutorial should only be applied to the devices with the model number as Samsung Galaxy S2 but as in when this procedure of backing up the IMEI comes to other devices, we will cover the same here.
Before we proceed to the actual instructions, lets know on what are the quick pre requisites you need to fulfill which are mentioned below.
Quick Pre Requisites:
  • Galaxy S2 should be rooted and should not be a Network Locked Device (Unlocked device will do),
  • Root Explorer should be installed in your phone so that you can then copy the files from / to EFS Folder present in your phone.
  • Terminal Emulator app should be installed in your Galaxy S2.
Procedure to Recover IMEI of Samsung Galaxy S2 Android Phone:
  • Open the “Root Explorer” application in your phone and backup the folder which is named as “EFS” to your SD card and another copy you can store it in your computer.
  • Now after ensuring that you have backed up the EFS Folder, delete the “EFS” folder from the root of your phone using the Root explorer.
  • Now, reset the phone and then go to the root via Root explorer and you will see that the EFS Folder still exists. This EFS folder is the new one and not the old one which is automatically generated by the Android OS.
  • In the EFS Folder, delete the file “nv_data.bin”, “nv_data.bin.md5″.
  • Go to the EFS Folder which you have backed up in your device’s SD Card, copy the “IMEI” folder to the EFS Folder in your phone and copy the “.nv_data” file in the EFS Folder at the root of the phone using the root explorer
  • Now, make another copy of “.nv_data” file in the EFS folder of your phone, so by now you will have the two copies of “.nv_data” in the EFS Folder
  • Now, rename one of the”.nv_data.bin” to “nv_data.bin” and another one to the “nv_data.bin.bak”
  • Up next in your PC, open the command prompt at the ADB tool path or run the terminal in your phone to enter the below mentioned commands.
adb shell ( use this command of you use ADB, if you’re using terminal, skip this line )
su ( ALLOW THE MESSAGE CAME AT YOUR PHONE’s DISPLAY BY SUPERUSER PROGRAM )
chown 1001:radio /efs/nv_data.bin
  • Finally reset the phone and there you go, the original IMEI has been restored which you can check by dialing *#06#
Congratulations, you have now successfully recovered your IMEI in your Samsung Galaxy S2. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to address the same.
can u post any video r pic proof
Old 06-24-2012, 11:51   #3 (permalink)

Member: 737047
Sonork: 1614214
Thanks Meter: 31
its so easy if the phone effs haven't corrupt
if corrupted then write the correct nv with z3x 3g tool.

bro 1st update your phone to 2.3.5 the then root your mobile on the unlock root as link below

Unlock Root of Android

download it and install it then root your galaxy or any android phone easily then goto repair task or change the imei of your phone easily with z3x

with z3x

1.open z3x version 12.4
2.select model i9100
3.power on phone
4.Enable debugging on: menu>application settings>development
5.connect cable and install driver..
6.then press repair
7.then enter the serial number on which written on phone battery side or your desire
imei only check s.number.
8.click repair.

9.wait till finish...

Count supported models - 309
Android Version: 2.3.5
Model: GT-I9100
Product Code: GT-I9100RWAKOR
Phone Version: I9100XXKI3
PDA Version: I9100XXKI3
CSC Version: I9100OXAKI3
IMEI: 004999010640000
Checking ROOT... true

Rooting Phones, Please Wait... OK
Checking ROOT... TRUE
Reading Data From Phone... OK
Writing NV Data To Phone... OK
Rebooting Phone... OK
Searching Samsung USB Modem... Detected COM34
Bypass MSL... read done (1)
Phone Found Samsung USB Modem... Detected COM34

new imei is 355995457852474
repair imei done...

Done with Samsung Tool ver 12.4

try then post.

by asadzai br.
The Following User Says Thank You to asadkhali For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2012, 11:56   #4 (permalink)

Member: 737047
Sonork: 1614214
Thanks Meter: 31
its so easy process if u can't then post i will upload video or pics ok.
Old 06-24-2012, 15:46   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 272796
Sonork: 1603232
Thanks Meter: 411
Copy cats...............................
Old 06-24-2012, 16:16   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 328688
Thanks Meter: 2,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by asadkhali View Post
its so easy if the phone effs haven't corrupt
if corrupted then write the correct nv with z3x 3g tool.

bro 1st update your phone to 2.3.5 the then root your mobile on the unlock root as link below

Unlock Root of Android

download it and install it then root your galaxy or any android phone easily then goto repair task or change the imei of your phone easily with z3x

with z3x

1.open z3x version 12.4
2.select model i9100
3.power on phone
4.Enable debugging on: menu>application settings>development
5.connect cable and install driver..
6.then press repair
7.then enter the serial number on which written on phone battery side or your desire
imei only check s.number.
8.click repair.

9.wait till finish...

Count supported models - 309
Android Version: 2.3.5
Model: GT-I9100
Product Code: GT-I9100RWAKOR
Phone Version: I9100XXKI3
PDA Version: I9100XXKI3
CSC Version: I9100OXAKI3
IMEI: 004999010640000
Checking ROOT... true

Rooting Phones, Please Wait... OK
Checking ROOT... TRUE
Reading Data From Phone... OK
Writing NV Data To Phone... OK
Rebooting Phone... OK
Searching Samsung USB Modem... Detected COM34
Bypass MSL... read done (1)
Phone Found Samsung USB Modem... Detected COM34

new imei is 355995457852474
repair imei done...

Done with Samsung Tool ver 12.4

try then post.

by asadzai br.

i already fix null imi with spt box no need this

HERE LOG

Please Wait Enter Test Mode ...
Enter Test Mode OK!
Model Name: GT-I9100
S/W Version: I9100XXKPA
IMEI: none
WIFI ID Number: 0

Write New IMEI: 355456xxxxxx
All Jobs Done.
Total Time: 32.42 s

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f352...t-box-1474409/
Old 09-19-2012, 10:59   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 57487
Thanks Meter: 4
please heplp me my galaxy s2 imei 000000000000000000 and no verssion .befor to have this problem my verssion is 4.0.3
Old 07-03-2013, 20:58   #8 (permalink)

Member: 1971290
Sonork: rafee1
Thanks Meter: 0
hello forum giants.
i have this problem
my phone works on mobilink, zong and dosent on telenor and u fun.
it is a sgs2
korean and rooted on a custom rom.
i will be thankfull pl. help me out. new in this forum
Old 07-08-2013, 08:29   #9 (permalink)

Member: 607072
Thanks Meter: 2
thank you sir now iknow how to repair imei of samsung godblessed you sir.