GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Android based phones

Samsung Android based phones Discussion and all of your questions relating to the Samsung Android based phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2015, 19:43   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 554699
Thanks Meter: 52
Need help with removing Reactivation Lock on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5

I've searched the forums and google. Came up with a few videos. These didn't work for me though. The phone is a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V w/ OG5 firmware. This firmware doesn't allow you to downgrade. The videos I've seen so far are for older firmware only.

I've seen a few snippets saying to do an EFS Clear. I haven't seen step-by-step or specific instructions. I see this option in ODIN, but I do not know if this is what needs to be done. Are there any ill effects of doing EFS Clear? Doesn't this also wipe out the IMEI of the phone?

Thanks.
Old 10-22-2015, 19:55   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I also have a Z3X box, but not sure if that'll help. Perhaps a nice feature to have... "Reactivation Unlock" in the future.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:52   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2149341
Thanks Meter: 31
Dont do the efs clear it will hang on logo an you will lost your original imei wich version of android do you have ? And did you try the usb jig method with the apk ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Y0ussef12 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2015, 16:30   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Verizon OG5 stock lollipop 5.0 ROM.

USB jig method with apk? I haven't done this, please tell me more.

Thanks.

Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

Last edited by AlpineMan; 10-23-2015 at 16:44.
Old 10-23-2015, 17:54   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I found this interesting ad in ebay to remove Reactivation Lock. The seller requests for your IMEI and Samsung account and password.

I'm thinking perhaps the way he removes the Reactivation Lock is this:
1) Acquire a Samsung phone in which the IMEI can be repaired w/o cert fail such as the Samsung Galaxy S4.

2) Flash your S5's IMEI (or whatever Samsung phone you have that needs to disable RL) on the S4. After so doing, on the S4, you can then enable, then disable the RL while logged into your Samsung Account.

3) This in turn disables the RL on the S5 as well.

Just a theory. Interesting to try. If it works, then it'll work for ANY Samsung phone that has Reactivation Locked on ANY firmware. Unfortunately, I don't have an S4 to play with right now.

Last edited by AlpineMan; 10-23-2015 at 18:04.
Old 10-23-2015, 18:07   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Perhaps this will work even on phones that will do cert fail. Not necessary to do this on a phone such as the S4. As long as the phone has wifi and can connect to your Samsung account.
Old 10-24-2015, 14:35   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2149341
Thanks Meter: 31
the recativation lock is stocked on the emmc phone
Old 10-24-2015, 14:56   #8 (permalink)

Member: 1676524
Sonork: 100.1608473
Thanks Meter: 2,713
Donate money to this user
Search on google efs tar for reactivation lock phone. if you get the efs then write it by odin. if normally will be done. otherwise u can try first upgrade firmware the phone. which firmware saperate pda,csc, modem and bootloader.

if any bypass video not working on your version then try to follow my step.

i was face that problem in note 3. that time didn't get any bypass video on youtube.

if you didn't getting efs.tar for your phone then u should find out same phone on your nearby location. read efs from working phone & write it reactivation phone.

this procedure just my idea & my successfully work report.
nothing else. just do it own your risk!!

br,
shamim
Old 10-24-2015, 16:32   #9 (permalink)

Member: 2261727
Thanks Meter: 3
I used efs clear and repartition option on the note 3 before and it didn't wipe out the imei but it helped me to remove the pin locked screen. Can you try efs clear and repartition option with the pit file off course ? and please report back the result.

I have the at&t s5 and I can't find the stock odin for the phone. Now I can't turn the reactivation lock off. I turned it off in settings and it still turn back on. I also tried to delete samsung account and factory reset the phone as someone suggested but the reactivation lock is stil there.

Last edited by waiwai; 10-24-2015 at 16:38.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:45   #10 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 2003494
Thanks Meter: 39
Donate money to this user
ok you have luck i am posting the solution i will back to the link

Edit:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f777...1-1-a-2005623/
Old 10-25-2015, 05:01   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Thanks, but the solution posted on that video won't work for me. My phone has been factory reset. It won't allow me to get past the Samsung Reactivation Lock screen.

Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2015, 15:40   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...:::SHAMIM:::... View Post
Search on google efs tar for reactivation lock phone. if you get the efs then write it by odin. if normally will be done. otherwise u can try first upgrade firmware the phone. which firmware saperate pda,csc, modem and bootloader.

if any bypass video not working on your version then try to follow my step.

i was face that problem in note 3. that time didn't get any bypass video on youtube.

if you didn't getting efs.tar for your phone then u should find out same phone on your nearby location. read efs from working phone & write it reactivation phone.

this procedure just my idea & my successfully work report.
nothing else. just do it own your risk!!

br,
shamim
I found G900V EFS tar for my phone. Before I try this, Will this wipe out my original IMEI? The filename appears it came from a G900V with NCG firmware. My G900V is on OG5. Does it make a difference? I do have another G900V with OG5, but I don't know how to create a new EFS tar. I'll need to do some more searching.

I have a Z3X box. Ill see if I can use that to create one.
Old 11-09-2015, 21:28   #13 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I got the S5 working. Since I didn't have an S4 to experiment with, I ended up paying a Reactivation unlock service via ebay. For some reason though, I'm unable to disable the Reactivation Lock via phone settings once I got through. So every time you factory reset the phone, it will prompt for the Samsung account to bypass the lock.

On another note, I also tried the same Reactivation unlock service on a Verizon Note 4. I actually tried 2 services that did the same thing just to verify my findings. For some reason, it didn't work for both. I discovered that the actual IMEI of the motherboard didn't match the IMEI sticker. I'm thinking perhaps the Reactivation Lock was enabled using the old IMEI. We tried both IMEI's and it didn't work. I'm thinking there must be some sort of mismatch going on that's preventing the unlock to work.

A tip...a couple of ways to find your phone's actual IMEI if you can't bypass the Reactivation Lock to get to phone settings:
1) Go to Windows device manager. Right click on Samsung modem, click on Properties. Do a "Query Modem". YMMV. This worked on a Verizon S5, but not on a Verizon Note 4 and T-Mobile Note Edge.

2) On the modem properties, look for modem initialization string. Put "AT+CGSN". Turn on modem logging. Create an internet dial up connection to dial any phone number. Proceed with the dial up. Inspect the modem log in Windows device manager. IMEI should be shown. YMMV. This worked on a Verizon Note 4, but didn't work on a T-Mobile Note Edge.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlpineMan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 04:35   #14 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 307625
Thanks Meter: 25
nothing will work all these methods been tried and more only way to remove the reactivation is with gsnp access, program called samsung capture tool if aim wrong than correct me ,,,,,,,,,,,,,with proof