GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Android based phones

Samsung Android based phones Discussion and all of your questions relating to the Samsung Android based phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2020, 08:06   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 2567774
Thanks Meter: 255
Donate money to this user
Pre-Recovery Guide for DEAD Galaxy Note 7 SM-N930A/V/P/T Qualcomm Models

RECOVER Dead/Bricked Galaxy Note 7 after Samsung "Death Update" - a Guide

We all know of the Note 7... I got my hands on one that was completely DEAD and Samsung was the murderer. The phone did not respond to being plugged to AC, no button combinations brought Download mode or recovery. That was Sam's plan: Keep the Note 7's from working ever again. But i was determined like the members of AllianceX.org (Formerly Note7Alliance) to get this phone working again. 1st i would like to Thank those members for leading to this solution.

* This guide should only be used to recover Note 7's that have received the final patch. (the last Binary/REV 3 update)

** Soldering skills is required.

*** We will need a spare battery pack/ portable charger. Like those called Juice power Pack.

We will disassemble the device and focus on the battery. Take out the battery. Since it cannot be charged up anymore via USB cable ports we will force it to charge a different way. This is important because the whole recovery process cannot work with a dead, non charging battery.

Once you have taken the device apart and located and removed the battery it is time to reveal the Flex connector. The flex cable has a small circuit board hidden under black tape. CAREFULLY remove this tape and save it to be used again. We will see the battery's flex cable board exposed now.

The idea is to charge this battery in a way that doesn't involve the Note 7 itself (or its charging port) with that said, look at your partly disassembled battery now and notice the 2 terminals that are soldered to the Flex board. It is simply Pos+ Neg-

We will give external power to this battery, 1st by DEsoldering the flex board from the battery. Put off to the side the Flex board for later. Be very careful not to damage the flex board or apply too much heat.

Disassemble a portable battery Juice pack (any kind should work) We will use the circuit board of this pack to charge the Note 7 battery. Locate the battery of the battery pack, Connected will be 2 wires probably Red and Black. DEsolder each wire and place battery aside we don't need it. Locate the board with the wires you just removed and solder onto Note 7 battery Pos+ and Neg- (NOte 7 battery will have + and - labeled)

Wait awhile for it to charge the Note 7 battery and put it back in the phone (don't skip step putting black tape back over battery Flex and reassemble) Download Mode is now available.

I may share another guide of the flashing process but you guys can figure it out too!

Special Thanks to

@Blour and @OnThe7thDayBOOM

HD Images i took during repair view or download:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-4...YA_1crct_4TZkj

.:112:.