GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Android based phones

Samsung Android based phones Discussion and all of your questions relating to the Samsung Android based phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 04:03   #1 (permalink)

Member: 952897
Thanks Meter: 2
Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500 Tips & Tricks

I start this thread because this is a model that often gets let out when it come to tutorials and tricks. I have this phone myself and Bought it open line, here in the Philippines(where I live most of the year).

First of all I will give some tips to new user:

Don't start of with installing alot of games, instead take the time to update the firmware to the newest version which is 2.3.6. Because later this year we will get ICS 4.1 - this is confirmed by Samsung.

Next, install Juice defender so that your battery last longer than just 1 day, I get app. 3 days out of mine now - give and take, for what i use the phone for.

Next, install TrustGo security or Lookout, they take less memory than other security apps. I started with Lookout, but TrustGo has a better app for finding advertizing in games and apps.

Should you run into that you send an SMS and it doesn't send untill you retart the phone, then its your carrier(phone company) that is to blame, not the firmware!
here in the Philippines, we had that for long time, and Globe Telecom claimed it was the phone that were the cause. But it didn't occur in other countries with other SIM so finally they gave up giving the blame on the phone and fixed the probleme. Though, no explanation to what caused it - I'm gueesing it has to do with the towers not releasing the IP or sigal - but its just a guess.

I suggest you install another keyboard from Google Play, just search for "Keyboard". The stock one is very limited, and you can easily find a better one - also if you speak a different language than english - mine is Danish.

Another good app is SMS Classic View, it allows you to view your sms as you did ont old nokia phones, plus you can make your own folder - Though I'm waiting for a solution on how to move saved sms between folders.

If you have a habit of comming home after dark, the I suggest you install LED Flashlight. It turns your camera flash into a flashlight and I tell you its bright

I will add more later.

Enjoy

JBJ