GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Android based phones

Samsung Android based phones Discussion and all of your questions relating to the Samsung Android based phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 09:06   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 621698
Thanks Meter: 405
Unhappy Samsung Vibrant ( T959 ) hard reset needed badly :(

Any one can tell me how to do a hard reset on Samsung T959 because customer forgot his password and now is totally " TOO MANY PATTERNS ATTEMPT " and I look around the net and all I tried is not working like pressing the volume down or up together with power button and is not working with this new Samsung Vibrant (T959 ) android O.S

Please kindly any one know a working hard reset on this model, thank you very much
The Following User Says Thank You to mymiela0419 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2010, 09:35   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 621698
Thanks Meter: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufuktakiadam View Post
[QUOTE=mymiela0419;6396696]Any one can tell me how to do a hard reset on Samsung T959 because customer forgot his password and now is totally " TOO MANY PATTERNS ATTEMPT " and I look around the net and all I tried is not working like pressing the volume down or up together with power button and is not working with this new Samsung Vibrant (T959 ) android O.S

Please kindly any one know a working hard reset on this model, thank you very much

Perform a hard reset on Samsung Vibrant t959:
-Save any open files, and back up all necessary data on the internal memory.
-At any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
-Tap Settings.
-Tap Privacy.
-Tap Factory data reset.
-Tap Reset phone.
-Tap Erase everything.
-If prompted, enter the password.
-Tap OK.
-If necessary, enter and confirm the password again.
-Tap OK.

The default reset code is 1234. After resetting Samsung Vibrant t959, it will run quickly.

Türkiye GSM, PDA Destek Forumu[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reply but this will not work since the T959 is already frozen in TOO MANY PATTERN ATTEMPTS. I tried with i9000, i897 method or any of old galaxy S method of hard reset and it will not work at all

So the only way is to flash it but I cannot find any flasher for this T959 model
Old 10-11-2010, 23:07   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 170822
Thanks Meter: 5
t959 too many patterns

put a sim card active
keep your phone on the sweep to open screen
call the phone
awnser the call and press back the turn arrow
and viaola you are in the phone
to erease all the data go to setting privacy reset factory
if it ask for code hard reset it volume down power
let go power hold volume down and so and so

if it works for some one please hit thanks

Last edited by anngiehdz; 10-11-2010 at 23:12.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:13   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1021855
Sonork: BLACKBERRY INSIDE
Thanks Meter: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by anngiehdz View Post
put a sim card active
keep your phone on the sweep to open screen
call the phone
awnser the call and press back the turn arrow
and viaola you are in the phone
to erease all the data go to setting privacy reset factory
if it ask for code hard reset it volume down power
let go power hold volume down and so and so

if it works for some one please hit thanks
not working. i l try put the sim but need code too many attpemt
Old 10-13-2010, 17:08   #5 (permalink)

Member: 15866
Thanks Meter: 192
glaxys

Try this
Shut your Android Galaxy S down (Power off) or remove Battery.
Now press Volume up, Home and Power together.
If the Samsung Symbol is comming up leave the Home Button.
Then there is a boot Menu
Volume Up and Down to Navigate , Home to select the choosen option.

Regards Moosani
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moosani For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 10-13-2010, 19:36   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 137489
Thanks Meter: 68
You need to press vol up and vol down and power the phone,i testet now and work..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gerti For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2010, 01:52   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1081371
Thanks Meter: 720
But After Hard Reset Is Done Phone Keeps Asking For GMAIL Account...
I Heard Something With Flashing With Odin N The Phone Has To Be IN Download MODE Or Something Like That...
Old 12-04-2010, 05:52   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

***As always, I'm not responsible for anything***

I think U Guys Have Suffer Alot Lol!! And Yes Will Remove Any Security That The Vibrant Has..

First, download MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

This contains Odin, the Samsung Drivers, stock odin rom, updated odin rom, pit file.

If you don't want to lose your settings, etc. you can skip to the second part. If your phone still doesn't work than start from the top.

-PART 1-
Step 1.) Make sure you have the appropriate drivers installed for your phone. If you are on 64bit then choose 64, if you are on 32 choose 32. You may already have the drivers installed and it will tell you after you try to install them.
Step 2.) Power your phone off
Step 3.) Open Odin.exe and plug a usb cable to your computer that will connect to your phone (do not plug it in to the phone yet, just the computer)
Step 4.) Hold down both volume buttons at the same time and while holding them down plug the usb into your phone. You should see a COM message show up in Odin.
Step 5.) To ensure your phone is back to stock, in odin you will want to check the repartition button. ONLY CHECK IT WHEN YOU ARE FLASHING BACK TO STOCK. Leave the other check boxes the way they are.
Step 6.) Click the PIT button and select the 512.pit file
Step 7.) Click the PDA button and select Original.tar and then click Start

It should go through a bunch of steps and then your phone will reboot. Below are the steps to update it to the latest release. Like Brand New In The Box!!

Close Odin and power your phone off.

-PART 2-
Step 1.) Open Odin.exe and plug a usb cable to your computer that will connect to your phone (do not plug it in to the phone yet, just the computer)
Step 2.) Hold down both volume buttons at the same time and while holding them down plug the usb into your phone. You should see a COM message show up in Odin.
Step 3.) Leave all check boxes the way they are. Do NOT check the repartition box.
Step 4.) Click the PIT button and select the 512.pit file
Step 5.) Click the PDA button and select T959UVJI6.tar and then click Start

It will go through a bunch of steps and then your phone will reboot. Congrats, you are on the latest update!

**By downloading any files on this page, you agree that I cannot be held responsible if something may go wrong on your device.
You are the one who decided to modify your device!**
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jusmejose For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2010, 18:23   #9 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 514439
Thanks Meter: 40
Thanx for your helpfull info. But does this method work for the T-mobile version as well? I have all the drivers installed from your zip and when I plug in the phone it does find it and tries to install but no matter where I point it to search for drivers, it does not find the right drivers and says: "The hardware was not installed because wisard cannot find the neccessary software"

I have the T-mobile t959. where do I point it to find the drivers. I am using a 32 bit
Old 12-06-2010, 23:39   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Whats UR Email Ill Send U The Correct Drivers...
And YEs this Will Help The Samsung Vibrant From TMobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celldepot View Post
Thanx for your helpfull info. But does this method work for the T-mobile version as well? I have all the drivers installed from your zip and when I plug in the phone it does find it and tries to install but no matter where I point it to search for drivers, it does not find the right drivers and says: "The hardware was not installed because wisard cannot find the neccessary software"

I have the T-mobile t959. where do I point it to find the drivers. I am using a 32 bit
Old 01-02-2011, 00:21   #11 (permalink)

Member: 1482738
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLARBOX_TEAM View Post
not working. i l try put the sim but need code too many attpemt

It should cuz I had the same problem but i put an active sim card and then during the call i hit i think options or menu button and it gave me all the options/programs.After that (don't hang up the call) go to settings and then privacy and reset factory settings(it didn't even ask for a password) and hit yes and it will power off and then clear data and then once it powers back on it works at the main screen and no more the google lock.Try it;worked for me and it should work for u too.Thanx man for this tip.Really appreciate it POLAR BOX TEAM.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:30   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Sorry for the late reply but yeah just download the drivers from my zip file and just browse and where u unzip the usb drivers...and its only for the Tmobile USA Vibrant t959
If u forgot ur gmail n password account u have to flash using Odin only no other box can do it...
The Following User Says Thank You to jusmejose For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2011, 00:20   #13 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 231031
Sonork: 100.9999
Thanks Meter: 1
but can t959 in odin be used for t897
Old 01-12-2011, 06:06   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 319447
Thanks Meter: 4,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil4ossy View Post
but can t959 in odin be used for t897
Yes you can use it.

For I897 use Odin version Odin3_v1.0.exe which is also can be used for T959
Old 01-30-2011, 10:37   #15 (permalink)

Member: 1477868
Thanks Meter: 0
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmejose View Post
***As always, I'm not responsible for anything***

I think U Guys Have Suffer Alot Lol!! And Yes Will Remove Any Security That The Vibrant Has..

First, download MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

This contains Odin, the Samsung Drivers, stock odin rom, updated odin rom, pit file.

If you don't want to lose your settings, etc. you can skip to the second part. If your phone still doesn't work than start from the top.

-PART 1-
Step 1.) Make sure you have the appropriate drivers installed for your phone. If you are on 64bit then choose 64, if you are on 32 choose 32. You may already have the drivers installed and it will tell you after you try to install them.
Step 2.) Power your phone off
Step 3.) Open Odin.exe and plug a usb cable to your computer that will connect to your phone (do not plug it in to the phone yet, just the computer)
Step 4.) Hold down both volume buttons at the same time and while holding them down plug the usb into your phone. You should see a COM message show up in Odin.
Step 5.) To ensure your phone is back to stock, in odin you will want to check the repartition button. ONLY CHECK IT WHEN YOU ARE FLASHING BACK TO STOCK. Leave the other check boxes the way they are.
Step 6.) Click the PIT button and select the 512.pit file
Step 7.) Click the PDA button and select Original.tar and then click Start

It should go through a bunch of steps and then your phone will reboot. Below are the steps to update it to the latest release. Like Brand New In The Box!!

Close Odin and power your phone off.

-PART 2-
Step 1.) Open Odin.exe and plug a usb cable to your computer that will connect to your phone (do not plug it in to the phone yet, just the computer)
Step 2.) Hold down both volume buttons at the same time and while holding them down plug the usb into your phone. You should see a COM message show up in Odin.
Step 3.) Leave all check boxes the way they are. Do NOT check the repartition box.
Step 4.) Click the PIT button and select the 512.pit file
Step 5.) Click the PDA button and select T959UVJI6.tar and then click Start

It will go through a bunch of steps and then your phone will reboot. Congrats, you are on the latest update!

**By downloading any files on this page, you agree that I cannot be held responsible if something may go wrong on your device.
You are the one who decided to modify your device!**

hey i am using t mobile vibrant t959 and its software is currupted phone speaks and says missed operation kindly help