GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Android based phones

Samsung Android based phones Discussion and all of your questions relating to the Samsung Android based phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2015, 15:38   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 508157
Sonork: 0100.1627392
Thanks Meter: 54
Sph-l720 firmware mk2 help

PROBLEM IS NO MEID AND UKNOWN BASEBAND.I TRY SEARCHING HERE ALREADY BUT NO ONE SUCCESS IT..NO PROBLEM WITH THE VERSION OF MDC AND MDL..ONLY THIS VERSION IS HARD FIX..BY THE WAY THIS PHONE IS WORKING BEFORE WITH IMEI MEID AND BASEBAND ALSO..AFTER UNLOCK USING MDC AND FLASH BACK AGAIN WITH MK2 NOW THE BASEBAND IS UNKNOWN AND NO MEID..WHAT BOX CAN SUPPORT OR ANYONE WILLING TO HELP..I TRIED FLASHING AGAIN MDC AND FLASH WITH OTHER FIRMWARE BUT STILL GOT THE SAME PROBLEM...

SOMEONE SAID THIS IS THE SOLUTION
If you did not make any backup of your EFS folder, and your IMEI is messed up, this could be your solution to recover your lost IMEI. NOTE THAT AT LEAST YOU MUST HAVE THE SHIPPED ORIGINAL EFS FOLDER ON YOUR PHONE ( even if you didn't make a backup of it yet and even it's messed up ) FOR THIS METHOD TO WORK

My history with my IMEI:

I flashed my phone with some ROMs, and I didn't backup my EFS folder before, then My SGS2 IMEI was changed to 00xxxxxxxxxxxx, and we know this is the fake IMEI that is assigned to the phone if the nv_data.bin file is messed up.
so I researched. searched all the forums and didn't find anything that could cure my phone's IMEI and set it to the original IMEI number. so I experimented and after some hours, I fixed my IMEI.
one thing that led me to the conclusion that " .nv_data " file is the thing that I need to fix the IMEI is that they share a very look alike name, and they have the same 2MB size.

PS: I restored my phone's firmware to it's original PDA, Phone and CSC, rooted it with CF-Root, and then done this procedures below

here is what I have done:

you must have:
-Root
-Root explorer for copying files to and from EFS folder
-Android SDK for the ADB tools or Terminal in your phone.

It is interesting to know that the IMEI is stored in ".nv_data" file in ORIGINAL SHIPPED EFS folder too, so you just have to do these:

1) make a copy of your EFS folder to your sdcard using root explorer and then make a backup of the folder to your computer [ to have another copy if you had to format sd card sometime ]

2) delete the EFS folder (BE SURE YOU HAVE BACKED IT UP IN A SAFE PLACE AS SAID IN STEP 1) from the root of your phone using root explorer.

3) reset the phone, after that, go to the root, and you can see that the EFS folder is still there, don't make any mistake, this EFS folder is new and generated by the android OS.

4) go to EFS folder using root explorer, and delete "nv_data.bin", "nv_data.bin.md5".

5) go to your backed up EFS folder on your sdcard, copy the "imei" folder to the EFS folder at the root of your phone, then again go to the backed up EFS folder at yout sdcard and copy the " .nv_data " file to your EFS folder at the root of your phone using root explorer, NOTE: the dot in first of nv_data is not a mistake, copy the ".nv_data" file.

6) make another copy of the ".nv_data" file in EFS folder in your phone, so you would have 2 copies of ".nv_data" in EFS folder

7) rename one of ".nv_data" files to "nv_data.bin" and another one to "nv_data.bin.bak"

8) at your PC open CMD at the ADB tool path, or run Terminal at your phone enter these commands:

adb shell ( use this command of you use ADB, if you're using terminal, skip this line )
su ( ALLOW THE MESSAGE CAME AT YOUR PHONE's DISPLAY BY SUPERUSER PROGRAM )
chown 1001:radio /efs/nv_data.bin

9) reset your phone.... after that you have your original IMEI. you can check your IMEI by dialing *#06#.

I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO IT..DO U HAVE ANY OTHER WAY MASTER?
Old 04-17-2015, 05:54   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

up this thread..please help anyone encounter same problem with me..please share.
Old 04-18-2015, 15:34   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

no help here..i think no one willing to answer or help me regarding with my problem..