GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Sony Ericsson > Sony Android based phones

Sony Android based phones General SONY Android based phones discussion, firmwares, solution, root, help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2014, 11:33   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1918158
Thanks Meter: 177
Gmail lock Without update:Restore Original ROM On Xperia Ray

Recently we have seen, How To Install Jelly Bean On Xperia Ray. Actually, Jelly bean is not officially provided by sony. By using a custom rom of jelly bean, we can easily upgrade from ICS to Jelly Bean with the help of flashtool. I have tested that, and I’m still running on Jelly Bean on my Xperia Ray ST18i device. The ROM is super fast and stable on my device. I’m fully satisfied on Jelly bean Custom ROM.
Due to some minor reasons, some of my readers asked me to publish a tutorial for Restoring Original Xperia Ray Firmware. So, in this article, I’m going to explain How to Downgrade from a Custom ROM to Xperia Ray Stock Firmware.
Note: This tutorial will only work on bootloader unlocked xperia devices.

Requirements:
Windows PC [Tested only on Windows 7 And Working Fine For Me]
Unlocked Xperia Ray Device.
Internet Connection.
Flash Tool For Xperia Devices
Sony PC Companion
Steps Taken Before Restoring Original Xperia Ray Firmware
Backup your contacts to sd card or to your Google account.
If needed, backup your messages, call history etc.
If needed, backup your apps and app data using Titanium Backup App.
Please be aware, all of your phone memory data will be erased. But, your SD card data will be kept untouched.
Make sure that, your device is charged by at least of 90%.
USB debugging must be enabled.
Steps For Restoring Original ROM On Xperia Ray:
Step 1:
Unzip the Flash Tool For Xperia zip file and place it anywhere in your computer.
Step 2:
Run Emma_setup.exe. During the installation, make sure you remember the installation path:
Default path in Windows 64 bit is: “C:Program Files (x86)Sony MobileEmma“
Default path in Windows 32 bit is: “C:Program FilesSony MobileEmma“
Step 3:
Copy the Customization.ini file. You find it in the Flash Tool For Xperia zip file.
Step 4:
Paste the Customization.ini file into the installation folder. The installation folder is the folder named Emma in the installation path give above.
Step 5:
Start Emma by clicking Start > All programs > Sony Mobile > Emma > Emma
Step 6:
Turn off your phone.
Step 7:
Connect your phone to the USB cable while holding the flash key (Volume down).

Step 8:
Select the software you want in the Service list. The tool automatically detects the phone model and lists available software versions, which are called Services in this flash tool.

Step 9:
Click on Apply Service. The phone will now be flashed.

Step 10:
When the flashing is finished, you can disconnect your phone from the USB cable. The first time you start your device after flashing, the boot-up might take a little longer than normal.
Congratulations! Now your xperia ray device is restored to the original firmware and the bootloader is locked.

Download Raj Mobile Care
Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raj mobe care For This Useful Post: