GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > LG > LG Android based phones

LG Android based phones General LG Android phones discussion, firmwares, solution, root, help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2015, 19:05   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1663240
Sonork: 505020
Thanks Meter: 12
Can i Unlock Sprint LS990 sim ?

How can i unlock my Sprint LS990 to use other carrier

help !!
Old 04-07-2015, 10:37   #2 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 2023196
Thanks Meter: 1,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by alshallal11 View Post
How can i unlock my Sprint LS990 to use other carrier

help !!
Unlike Verizon and AT&T that can be unlocked with code, Sprint can be unlocked only with unlock update from them. You can try to unlock it yourself by rooting the phone (If you have any knowledge about it, or maybe someone else may help regarding this) and making some edits to some system files, or maybe you can flash your phone to Verizon or AT&T and then get an unlock code and enter it in via the phone. However i might be wrong if any new update or policies were changed in USA recently.
Anyway, if you manage to root it and change firmware, then can get Factory unlock codes from DC-unlocker, there is Factory Codes option in their support area
Old 04-07-2015, 14:55   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I have tried this solutions :
(1)
IT IS NOT MY FAULT IF YOUR DEVICE(S) BREAK!!!!!!
Step 1:
Download "Shortcut master" pro or lite doesn't matter
Step 2:
Go into "Shortcut master" and click the little 3 dotted menu and click "Search..."
Step 3:
Click the little drop down in the upper left corner and select "System apps"
Step 4:
Then on the line labeled "Enter text to search" type "IOT" then click "Search"
Step 5:
Click on the option that says "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu.iot.IotHiddenMenuMai n" some options will come up click on the little start that says "Favorite" and then click "Launch" and grant shortcut master su permisson
Step 6:
Click on Network mode and use the drop down menu to scroll down and select "GSM only" If done your signal bars should have a little red "x" over them
Step 7:
Click the back button until you get back to "Shortcut master" then search for "apn"
Step 8:
Click on "com.lge.hiddenmenu.vzw_only.ApnSettings" and "Favorite and Launch it"
Step 9:
Edit any apn but the one labeled "Internet" then the one you choose to edit you have to put in the settings for the carrier(s) you want.
Step 10:
Save your settings and reboot

and (2)
1. Replace the two files in /carriers/apps with the two files below with Root Explorer
2. Reboot your phone
3. Open Shortcut master and select search
4. Search for apn adn select com.andoird.settings.ApnSettings and then click Launch
5. Select on the Top Right new apn
6. Fill this form out with the apn from your provider (If you don't know the apn look it up in google)
Done
Now everything should work

and (3)
GSM Unlock for Sprint LG G3 (Works for US GSM Carriers & International Carriers)
1. Root the device using StumpRoot
2. Install SuperSU & Root Explorer & 920 Text Editor (or you can use Rom Tool Box for build.prop editing)
3. Copy build.prop from /system/build.prop to /sdcard
4. Open /sdcard/build.prop in 920 Text Editor
5. Edit line 268 and change ro.build.target_operator=SPR to ro.build.target_operator=spr
6. Save the file
7. Go to root explorer and copy build.prop from /sdcard to /system/ - try and delete existing build.prop and then copying the one from /sdcard instead of overwriting the existing file. I've encountered bootloops when overwriting build.prop
8. change permissions on /system/build.prop file you just copied to "rw - r - r". This is very important - when you copy and paste build.prop it loses the correct permissions and incorrect permissions will result in bootloop
9. reboot the device

but not working ,,,,,
Old 04-08-2015, 20:37   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

heeeeeeeelp ... please
Old 04-19-2017, 23:04   #5 (permalink)

Member: 2708519
Thanks Meter: 1
Wink

Hi,

You can actually get your carrier unlocked by contacting Sprint. If your phone is paid off or your account has been in good standing for 6 + months they can unlock the carrier. I actually contacted them this morning regarding my LG G3 and they provided me with a code that you need to take to your new phone provider to activate your phone with a new carrier. Keep in mind that once your phone has been unlocked it can not be reversed. The sprint number to contact is 1888-211-4727, enter your phone number associated with phone (even if you don't have sprint anymore) press option 5, then option 5 again then option 2.... if those options do not work, just stay on the line until customer service comes on the line.
I hope this works and good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to electricraver88 For This Useful Post: