GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > LG > LG Android based phones

LG Android based phones General LG Android phones discussion, firmwares, solution, root, help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2015, 00:19   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1568081
Thanks Meter: 0
LG G3 (US990) 14 digit IMEI

I recently purchased a lot of (10) us990 phones.
I plan of getting the phones unlocked. Does anyone know if any unlock boxes like z3x or octoplus work. I plan on purchasing the octoplus regardless.

Anyway I've noticed that the phone has a 14 digit IMEI. I know that the phone can be unlocked, I've already spoken to US Cellar about it. Does anyone know for sure if there's a 15th digit and it's just not displayed. If so I'll just put the imei an a generator for the last digit.
Old 04-23-2015, 00:30   #2 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 541965
Thanks Meter: 1
Hi, I have a US990 phone myself that I am looking to get unlocked for the past week. If you find out how to unlock the phone could you please let me know?
Old 04-23-2015, 00:59   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1511582
Thanks Meter: 74
flash it to cdma network if your country have cdma carriers
I worked on this phone my self for while no luck
and I really don't think it will ever work on gsm network
Old 04-23-2015, 03:50   #4 (permalink)

I've had an iPhone unlocked from us cellular for "international" use only is what they claimed. Jailbreak it, did some APN changing and it worked perfect on tmobile.
Now of course iphones are different in that is all the same hardware just the carrier settings is what make them different. I spoke to a customer representative and he told me that 4G or higher phones can be unlocked. The iphones have to be done remotely, but that's just how iphone unlocks work. The other phones have to be taken to a US Cellular location to be unlocked. The following is a quote from the Device Unlocking Policy page:

"Because of the difficulty in unlocking some of our 4G devices you must bring these devices to a company owned store and we will either unlock the device for you or send it to a vendor who will perform the task and then have the device returned to the store. We hope to expand the capabilities of unlocking 4G devices to other distribution locations in the near future. You can call us at 888-944-9400 or your local U.S. Cellular store to determine the closest location to you that can handle your unlocking request. There is no charge for unlocking an individual device but U.S Cellular does reserve the right to charge non - customers a reasonable fee for unlocking any bulk requests for unlocking eligible devices."
Old 04-23-2015, 06:26   #5 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Yeah the biggest problem for me is that I am not even within 700 miles of any nearest US Cellular store. I bought the phone on craigslist thinking it was a simple code unlock but I guess not. I just really wish I could use it or else I lost so much money . Please let me know of the progress.
Old 04-23-2015, 15:54   #6 (permalink)

It could be possible, my phones come in today. But I won't be able to get them till Friday or Saturday. I'm going to run them through a imei generator and put the 15 digit imei through a LG unlock server and see if it spits back a code at me and if it works.
I've also heard of no way to change APN settings, so a custom ROM might have to be installed.
Old 04-23-2015, 15:56   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

But to unlock cdma base phone to gsm not by code
It's going to be the same way sprint unlocks

Sent from my express iPhone
Old 04-23-2015, 15:57   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

That's what I think not sure

Sent from my express iPhone
Old 04-23-2015, 16:46   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1025079
Thanks Meter: 311
Donate money to this user
By MIED you can get Network unlock code. PM me.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:39   #10 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyiphius View Post
It could be possible, my phones come in today. But I won't be able to get them till Friday or Saturday. I'm going to run them through a imei generator and put the 15 digit imei through a LG unlock server and see if it spits back a code at me and if it works.
I've also heard of no way to change APN settings, so a custom ROM might have to be installed.
I know how to install custom roms but I have never worked with flashing CDMA stuff. I have had Verizon phones that were already unlocked for GSM use and had to do nothing for those phones. Please let me know if you have any progress. I am also going to be flying into city with US Cellular stores in a few weeks but I don't know if I will get the chance to stop by the store for an unlock flash. No idea how long that takes or if they will do it if I don't even have service with them lol.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:42   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny13oi View Post
I know how to install custom roms but I have never worked with flashing CDMA stuff. I have had Verizon phones that were already unlocked for GSM use and had to do nothing for those phones. Please let me know if you have any progress. I am also going to be flying into city with US Cellular stores in a few weeks but I don't know if I will get the chance to stop by the store for an unlock flash. No idea how long that takes or if they will do it if I don't even have service with them lol.
Its not flashing per say. The phone is like the verizon phones Only there is a lock code preventing access to being unlocked. I'd call to see if your eligible for an unlock. Account has to be in good standing, not lost or stolen.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:58   #12 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Quote:
Its not flashing per say. The phone is like the verizon phones Only there is a lock code preventing access to being unlocked. I'd call to see if your eligible for an unlock. Account has to be in good standing, not lost or stolen.
I called and they said that the phone is not tied to any account and seems like clear ESN. I bought it off of craigslist. They said that I would have to go into an US Cellular store for the unlock but I live like over 700 miles from the nearest store.
Old 04-24-2015, 22:36   #13 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

How to Soft Unlock your G3 (and possibly other devices) for any CDMA or LTE Carrier without Root - LG G3 Development - TeamUSCellular

Hi I tried this method and my phone doesn't say Invalid SIM anymore. However the GSM part is disabled I think. Is there a way to fully flash this phone to a different model like the Tmobile or Verizon version? I think the bootloader is unlocked on this phone. Converting the phone fully to Verizon would enable the GSM portion if it has it.
Old 04-25-2015, 00:11   #14 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Quote:
Hey tyiphius since you have so many US990 phones .. if you ever wanna be risky and try, try flashing the Verizon with this method or Sprint to the phone and see if it works lol
[Guide] LG G3 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Sto… | LG G3 | XDA Forums