GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Chinese Models & Cloned Phones > Android based chinese phones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2014, 04:17   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2212199
Thanks Meter: 0
ELEPHONE P10C Review: 5.0" IPS qHD 7.0mm Ultrathin MTK6582 4-Core Android 4.4

Hello, everybody. This is my first thread. Although my English is poor, I really want to share my viewpoint with you. Please bear with me.
Basic specs:
Display: 5’’ IPS QHD 960x540
CPU: MTK6582 quad core 1.3GHz
GPU: OpenGL ES 2.0, Mali-400 MP2
RAM: 1GB
ROM: 8GB+MAX support 64GB Class 10 Micro SD Memory Card
Camera: 8mega-pixle main camera + 2mega-pixle front camera
Dimensions: 143 x 72 x 7 mm
Battery: Li-ion Battery 1950mAh
Price: $121.99
Unboxing:
The box is simple including two parts. There are USB cable, power charger, user’s manual and screen cover. These accessories all are necessary.
Attachment 2818114Attachment 2818115
Performance:
Attachment 2818118
Design:
It’s too thin that is my first impression when I saw it. The thickness is only 7mm so that we can put it into wallet. The USB jack and headphone jack is in the top. Maybe the headphone is a little small; it’s not easy insert the headphone. The frame is made of metal and we can find the power button and volume buttons on it. However, it is difficult to press these buttons down. The features of the back include main camera, dual LED light, logo and speaker. We can remove the rear cover to replace battery, SIM and Micro SD. It’s a great design to somebody who wishes to get long battery.
Attachment 2818139
Display:
5’’ IPS QHD 960x540 display. It is enough big to view video with 5 inch screen. However, the definition is disappointing because it’s only 960 x 540. Most of the IPS display is good at view angles. Of course, this display also is great at view angles. What’s more, the brightness is OK. We can see the text clearly even in high light. As for color reproduction, it’s amazing.
Attachment 2818138
Camera:
There are four modes in camera including Panorama mode, Face beauty mode, Live Photo mode and Normal mode. In the Panorama mode, we can take many photos, and then combine with these photos to get a bigger photo. If we want to become more beautiful in photo, we should choose the Face beauty mode. The live photo mode is interesting. In this mode, we can get a live photo when take photos. We can adjust the white balance and ISO to adjust to different scene for better photos in normal mode.
Attachment 2818122Attachment 2818123Attachment 2818126
We review the phone in normal light and low light. The result is disappointing. Speed is slowly in normal light and the resolution is not enough. It’s worse in low light. The camera even can’t focus in low light and there are so many noisy points. The sample is dark when ISO is 400. And then we adjust the ISO to 800, the sample becomes light but more noisy points. It’s only praiseworthy that taking and saving photos is quickly.
Attachment 2818120Attachment 2818121
The ROM makes some improvements base on Android 4.4. It’s very smooth and concise on the whole. There are many beautiful wallpapers for choosing. Many interesting widgets are prepared for you to show your character. The interface of music player is succinct and tone quality is well. Besides, it’s very smooth when we watch video even we speed video. However, the phone became hot after watching video long time.
There are many useful pre-positioned apps such as Gmail, Maps, and Sound Recorder.
Attachment 2818127Attachment 2818129Attachment 2818131
Battery:
The thickness is too thin to the battery is only 1950mah. However, the screen resolution is low and MTK6582 is power saving, so you can charge it once a day even longer time.
Conclusion:
Elephone P10C is stand out at design and ROM, but the camera need to improve. In my opinion, the P10C is worth owning.