GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Motorola > Motorola Android based

Motorola Android based General Motorola Android phones discussion, firmwares, solution, root, help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2015, 18:40   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 772386
Thanks Meter: 157
moto g xt1068 not show in rsdlite

moto g xt1068 not show in rsdlite,
i press vol down + power then phone show ap fastboot flash mode then i connect the phone with my comp but rsd lite not showing the phone,
but computer device manager shows the phone[android phone]

so help me masters, i want to flash the phone with rsd lite
i m waiting

thanks in advance
Old 09-04-2015, 19:02   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 2140790
Sonork: 100.1679059
Thanks Meter: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuntai View Post
i press vol down + power then phone show ap fastboot flash mode then i connect the phone with my comp but rsd lite not showing the phone,

i m waiting

thanks in advance
copy paste from xda..

Downloads:
I assume you already have adb drivers if you're even here.....otherwise get them from the latest sdk here: Download Android Studio and SDK Tools | Android Developers
Moto Drivers (Motorola Device Manager): https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ail/a_id/88481
RSD Lite (I used version 6.1.5): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ite_v6.1.x.zip - Extract and use 6.1.5
Stock Firmware: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/ thanks to Skrilax_CZ and Firmware Team
Moto Fastboot exe: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0d...it?usp=sharing - NOTE - YOU MUST UNZIP AND USE THIS WHERE MANUAL FLASH SAYS "mfastboot"

My Setup: Windows 8 machine <--obvious driver issues as usual
My Device: VZW Moto X

METHOD 1 - RSD LITE

Step One - Download and install RSD Lite. At the moment, I can't find where I got mine from, so anyone who wants to add a proper link to it would be appreciated. I used version 6.1.5 and it worked fine.

Step Two - proper driver installation. If you're like me, you probably at one point got drivers quasi-working but here's what I did that worked - download and install "Motorola Device Manager" and it *should* give you the proper drivers. This was necessary (maybe) because I could get adb to recognize my device, as well as fastboot, however RSD refused to see it. This install fixed that.

Step Three - download and install the proper firmware for your device. NOTE: You MUST MUST MUST choose the right firmware for your device or you will FUBAR your phone.....not my responsibility.

Step Four - Unzip your firmware zip file, open it up through the layers and find the file "VZW_XT1060_4.2.2-13.9.0Q2.X-116-MX-17-53_CFC_1FF" or whatever version/carrier/build number file yours is, its the XML Document file. Right click -> Open with.. -> Notepad/word editor/XML Editor/wordpad and find the line:
<step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />
^^^You need to select this entire line and just delete it out of the file. This is the line that gives fastboot flash error. Select it, delete it, then resave the file an exit out of it. Done.
NOTE: This is required or the firmware flash will immediately fail giving a "failed flashing process. Unknown fastboot command. (getvar)"
-For the sake of security, and not messing with important files, I'd actually recommend zipping the file back up after this and keeping as your final version (once you've confirmed yours works correctly)

Step Five - Plug in phone, enable USB debugging, then "adb reboot bootloader" - this will boot you into fastboot mode so RSD will recognize your phone

Step Six - Run RSD Lite - note that some people have had trouble and have to right-click run as administrator. In RSD Lite, make sure phone shows up in slot 1 - mine shows up, under Model, just says fastboot, USB port type, info N/A, important part is that it shows as Connected in status. Select the three-dot browse file button, then you can go down into the unzipped file you created of the XML folder, and select the XML file that we just edited earlier (or select the rezipped package). Select open and flash. (or decompress and flash)

Step Eight - Profit

Sory for copy paste. is bad, but is good info... (thanks to TechSavvy2)

br

aUTo
Old 09-04-2015, 20:04   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1314938
Sonork: 100.1672340
Thanks Meter: 5,373
Donate money to this user
Quote:

i m waiting

thanks in advance
You can flash using this script

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f783...mware-1965102/
Old 09-04-2015, 20:22   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

i problem not flashing, read my post carefully, not detect in rsd lite
i do this any other solution
Old 09-04-2015, 20:33   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1314938
Sonork: 100.1672340
Thanks Meter: 5,373
Donate money to this user
Quote:
i problem not flashing, read my post carefully, not detect in rsd lite
i do this any other solution
Mostly can't flash these devices via rsd lite
better flash it via fastboot, Install proper driver nd flash vit my script .
Old 09-05-2015, 04:59   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I flash the set with auto flasher but problem not solve. So that reason I want to flash the set with rsdlite
Old 11-15-2015, 18:59   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2404243
Sonork: 100.192.168.1
Thanks Meter: 39
jamesjerss your every post i read carefully u r awesome man

great work bro