GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung CDMA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2016, 02:48   #181 (permalink)

Member: 2413064
Thanks Meter: 0

disregard my previous message. played around for about an hour. finally fixed my internet. hope to never have to do it again.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:19   #182 (permalink)

Member: 2418729
Thanks Meter: 1
Thank you so much, AlpineMan! You have helped me substantially over the years with keeping my old $30 SERO chugging along on an old 16GB SGS3 via this flashing exercise, and now this little tidbit made me check out RingPlus!

Tonight between 10pm-12pm CST, the folks at RingPlus are offering 5000 minutes, 5000 texts, 200 MMS, 5000 MB LTE (with free daily option of *unlimited* 128kbps throttled LTE) -- all for the wonderful price of $0! Anyone still fooling around with SERO or even looking for a secondary line, I would urge you to check them out!!

I did, and the data speeds are AMAZING compared to the paltry 3G speeds I experience in the same location. Folks, don't sleep on RingPlus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
As many of you know, I have moved on from Sprint to AT&T(Cricket). It looks like Sprint(RingPlus) has lured me back...but only to serve as my backup phone. For those of you wanting to get cheap service on the Sprint network, perhaps give RingPlus a try. I currently have 2 LG G2's and 1 Galaxy S4 Triband with them. I do not know the complete list of Sprint phones they allow, you'll have to investigate that yourself. I'm paying $0/month for 3000 text, 3000 minutes, and 3000mb LTE data... Yes, that's right... $0/month. The reason why I mention this is cuz I noticed a lot of folks are still struggling with this flashing exercise for use on Boost, Virgin Mobile, Sprint, etc...and this exercise will only get you 3G. As long as you activate a clean ESN Sprint phone approved in their list, you'll get LTE. The caveat is that their promos run on a limited basis...so you have to keep track of current promos. Go to slickdeals and search for RingPlus for more details.
I am in no way affiliated with RingPlus...just sharing a tip for those folks who'd rather not have to flash a phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to AboveTheBULL For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2016, 15:45   #183 (permalink)

Member: 2619240
Looking to upgrade my old Galaxy tab but keep it on an old Sprint SERO phone plan. What specific, newest Sprint Samsung model tablet will work with these MEID repair steps? Any suggestions for what will "easily" and proven to work would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:54   #184 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 554699
Thanks Meter: 52
I hear you can activate a tablet and / or hotspot on RingPlus as well. No flashing required. Full LTE speeds. This afternoon, they had the BLT plan... 6000 minutes, text, mms, and 6000mb of data per month for a one time fee of $38. Overage fee applies. This will be offered again on Monday. Check out the latest RingPlus promos at slickdeals.net.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2016, 12:01   #185 (permalink)

Member: 2619240
I appreciate the heads up but really want to keep the unlimited data. I currently have a Sprint Galaxy tab p500 that died. Just looking to see the newest tablet that I can still use with the meid repair.

I lost my access to the old account but I have been around a while here and elsewhere with the sero stuff.

Thanks
Old 09-02-2016, 17:12   #186 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 554699
Thanks Meter: 52
R+ also offers unlimited data on a different plan. Check out slickdeals for details. It will also be offered on Monday. I think it's called Reuben Surfing or something like that.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2016, 13:41   #187 (permalink)

Member: 2594951
Hello everybody I'm looking for help, my problem is that I have Galaxy s5 before I thought it was G900F and try to make firmware update to MM 6, when I check my phone by *#1234# it gives me this information: AP:G900FXXU1BOC7, CP:G900FXXU1BOC7, CSC:G900FITV1BOC1 but with phone info apk it gives all info is for G900P Kltespr, anyways I have tried to update with G900P MM 6 firmware but surprisingly the IMEI change to 9....at the place of 35....and then I quickly retaured the installated rom I was backup before now the problem is that the BACK AND MENU KEYS DON'T WORK AND WHEN I RECEIVE A CALL THE PHONE RESTART IT SELF need help what to do to make my phone work correctly in gsm thanks in advance
Old 10-02-2016, 22:50   #188 (permalink)

Member: 2630961
I bought my phone (l720) on eBay from a reseller, as used but in excellent condition (which I confirm).
I couldn't unlock it directly (from Sprint) since I needed a phone number and a pin code of the previous owner *which I didn't have and reseller couldn't/wouldn't give it to me*.
Still unlocking was easy enough and I was happy to bring my phone to Europe and use it with a SIM card without problems.
Since I despise anything related to TouchWiz, I was more than happy to install a custom ROM (Resurrection Remix 6.0.1) and everything was working fine. Then out of the blue, I got a notification in Chinese and this coincided with loosing the sound, mic, video or anything media related on the phone. (everything non media was working just fine).
Even though ESET32 didn't register any virus on the phone I've decided to do a full wipe (just in case) and try from scratch.
But it didn't help.
So I decided to delete everything in the /root thinking that this will solve all the problems. And that was a key mistake. I've deleted EFS and Carrier folders (not knowing their importance since I've never used a Samsung before) along with all the data inside.
I've used ODIN to flash L720SPTFNG2 (the one I got it with) but now the phone wasn't activated and also all the things that didn't work still remained dead. Read a bunch of stuff on how to activate the phone, and arrived here. I've tried everything from the tutorial but phone just won't activate. Even though I've deleted the folders, I was able to read all the info from EFS2, but the activation is a no go.
Here are my questions:
EFS1 is empty. Should I just copy the data from EFS2?
What should be the content of the EFS folder?
Are all of these things not working because the phone is not activated or that has nothing to do with it?
Item 1192 seems to have two AAA numbers - one starting with 10 at the beginning of the file but then after a "space" there's another one beginning with 10 that's 32 characters (and a very similar but slightly different string) after it. Plus there something else at the end of the file (not all zeroes like in the tutorial). Is that normal?
When I write things in with DFS, only 14 characters stick in the AAA field. Why? How can I be sure that the entire number is written in.
Any other help or suggestions are much appreciated.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:22   #189 (permalink)

Member: 2653127
total noob here

i have a sprint s5 and i would like to flash it to boost. i am a noob at trying this so i hope someone can help me??? i had a htc one m7 flashed before but its now broke. if someone can help me flash this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-08-2017, 00:42   #190 (permalink)

Member: 2723710
Hi Can you give me instructions on how to flash a Sprint Note 5 n920p to boost mobile with a incognito as a donor....
Old 08-26-2017, 21:50   #191 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1391794
Thanks Meter: 54
Donate money to this user
i have g925p from boost mobile would love to put to sprint any help would greatly appreciated