GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung CDMA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2015, 00:43   #136 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 554699
Thanks Meter: 52

Try *#0808#. Choose AP, then DM+MODEM+ADB.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to AlpineMan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2015, 04:07   #137 (permalink)

Member: 2447288
Thanks Meter: 0
Thanks, but didn't work either. I tried the code on my Note 3 and usb settings came up, but nothing on the N4. I also got my cousins edge and my laptop read, installed drivers as soon as it plugged in. The code didn't work on the edge but CDMA is able to read it. As I mentioned before, same thing happened to a M8 I have. I put the m8 aside for so long that now that I tried to turn it on it doesnt. Damn non - replaceable batteries one reason why I don't like gs6 or n5.

If i have the time, I may download a stock rom, install it see if that works if it doesnt. Ill put this n4 up for sale and try the Verizon note edge to flash to boost. That is flashable with the method you have on here? Or I may just get the sprint variant whichever is cheaper but may try verizon for a change and to keep using my incognito.
Old 09-01-2015, 16:12   #138 (permalink)

Member: 2452880
Thanks everyone for keeping this information alive! It's been years since I used my TP2 to activate an S2 for use on legacy SERO, now it is well past time for an upgrade.
Is it possible to get all the information I need from my current S2? I think all my TP2 information is buried in an old PC in the garage.
What is the best phone to buy for transfer? I was thinking either a Verizon S5 or Note 4?
Is there any 4g available?
Thanks in advance for any information!
Old 09-01-2015, 16:36   #139 (permalink)
Freak Poster

If you're on SERO, the only way you'll get 4G is if you upgrade to SERO Premium. If you upgrade to Premium, then might as well just buy a clean ESN Sprint phone... No flashing required.

I've verified that the flash still works on Verizon S5's even w/ cert fail. I have not tested in Verizon Note 4, but it should work if you have a ROM/modem < Android 5.1.1.

One other option though is just to dump Sprint for another carrier and skip this flashing non sense everytime you want to change phones.

There are great deals out there including Cricket Wireless (we switched to them), which is owned and operated by AT&T. $40 for a single line...you can keep adding phones (upto 5 lines per account) and each line you add will be $10, $20, $30 less. The 5th line will be free. So for us, we're paying $100/mo total for 5 lines. Each line gets unlimited voice, text, data. Data is capped at 8mbps for the first 2.5gb and 128kbps after. If you need more high speed data, you can go to the next plan tier. You can have different tiers per line. If you just have a single line and you subscribe to their auto pay, then it'll be $35/mo.

Old 09-01-2015, 20:08   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
If you're on SERO, the only way you'll get 4G is if you upgrade to SERO Premium. If you upgrade to Premium, then might as well just buy a clean ESN Sprint phone... No flashing required.

I've verified that the flash still works on Verizon S5's even w/ cert fail. I have not tested in Verizon Note 4, but it should work if you have a ROM/modem < Android 5.1.1.

One other option though is just to dump Sprint for another carrier and skip this flashing non sense everytime you want to change phones.
Thanks for the advice. I agree that there are plans that are now enticing, though for $28/month (with corporate discounts) plus phone discounts every 2 years (got the S2 for free and got/sold a iPhone 6+ last year), it is still the best deal for me. Now my S2 is all but dead (something wrong with the charging port and new batteries drain before the day is done), and I'm a year away from finishing the contract. The plan was to buy a new galaxy with the money from selling the iPhone.

Biggest question, does my S2 have all the information I need, or will I need to dig out my old computer to find the TP2 info?
Old 09-01-2015, 20:27   #141 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Good question. It's been a while since I played with an S2. I say just give it a try. If it doesn't work, pull it from the TP2.

Old 09-02-2015, 19:32   #142 (permalink)

There is a Sprint Note4 available. Will that work? Anything beyond making sure <5.1 I need to look out for?
Thanks again for all the help. Another donation to ACS once I get this working.
Old 09-02-2015, 19:35   #143 (permalink)
Freak Poster

CDMA and GSM won't work on Sprint Note 4 if you get a cert fail.

Old 09-04-2015, 20:44   #144 (permalink)

Pulled the trigger and ordered a Verizon s5 5.0.1... wish me luck!
Old 09-25-2015, 15:35   #145 (permalink)

Member: 2464012
I know most of this is answered, I just want to confirm what I have read and make sure I understand:

I have SERO 500 Legacy flashed to an LG G2; originally from a TP2.
It is about time to order a new phone and sign a new 2yr contract.

The best phone I can use from Sprint is an S4 or Note 3? (Samsung at least - haven't looked at LG or any other brands yet)

I can use a Verizon S5 or Note 4 but that doesn't help me b/c I can't get the discount through Sprint.

Really, I should just switch to Cricket and be done with this mess? Price is about the same: $35.00

Also, anyone having luck flashing an S6 or S6 Edge - same cert issues?
Old 09-25-2015, 22:15   #146 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Should have same cert issue. If Cricket is the same price as Sprint SERO and you're getting the same or better AT&T coverage in your area vs Sprint...I would go for the switch.

Old 10-10-2015, 01:14   #147 (permalink)

Member: 2415121
Does anyone know if this can be done on the iPhone 6s Plus?
Old 10-31-2015, 05:14   #148 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Just a quick update. This method still works on the Verizon S5 on OE1 stock ROM. BTW, once you're on OE1 or OG5, you will not be able to downgrade. There is currently no root available either.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:25   #149 (permalink)
Freak Poster

You may have issues writing, but I just navigated to Data and Mobile IP tabs and clicked the read button on DFS for each of those tabs, then went back to General and NAM tabs to write and re-write values. You will need to reboot the phone when you've verified that the write was successful on the General tab. After so doing, you'll be able to write on the NAM tab.
Old 11-06-2015, 20:01   #150 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Another update...Verizon Note 4 on OG5 firmware works as well.

I still have not found a solution to remove Reactivation Lock on S5 and Note 4 on OE1 / OG5 firmware. I have not been able to test my theory ( http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f453...l#post11366332 ) since I don't have an S4 to play with. Instead, I went ahead and bought the Reactivation Lock removal service from one of the ebay sellers. Short story...it didn't work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlpineMan For This Useful Post: