GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > CDMA Modems , Routers , Aircard

CDMA Modems , Routers , Aircard All About CDMA Modems Routers and Aircards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 10:30   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1993181
Thanks Meter: 0
Red face Fatal Error after Updating Huawei EC1561 modem -- Device Info not found

I would be really obliged if somebody could provide a solution for this.

I had a MTS USB data card (modem) of Huawei model EC1561.

I successfully unlocked the dongle with the help of instructions given by users in the forum by using DFS 3.3.0.7 and CDMA workshop 2.7

After that I became overambitious and decided to update the firmware of the USb card by downloading the update from the net according to the instructions given on Youtube for my particular model. I started the update and waited for the firmware to be upgraded. Unfortunately, the update hanged and the progress got stuck at half point and did not move for an hour. I decided to run the update after stopping the current one. I had to forcefully shut down the update, but to my shock now when I re-inserted the dongle, the light had turned steady green and it refused to accept any update.

I later found that all device information in the modem is showing blank!! Any tool I apply on it returns a message that ?Device info not found"! All values in the modem are blank due to which no tool is able to recognize it. Moreover, even the windows system is unable to recognize it.

I have the required original flash package for the EC1561 modem (11.106.07.01.656) but it refuses to run. I also have the previous MEID and PESN of the product.

Is there any method or software to retrieve or rebuild the cdma modem?? Or is the modem lost forever??

I would really appreciate any help in the matter. I can give more info if required.
Old 08-13-2013, 14:28   #2 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 1406326
Thanks Meter: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by milindg2 View Post
I would be really obliged if somebody could provide a solution for this.

I had a MTS USB data card (modem) of Huawei model EC1561.

I successfully unlocked the dongle with the help of instructions given by users in the forum by using DFS 3.3.0.7 and CDMA workshop 2.7

After that I became overambitious and decided to update the firmware of the USb card by downloading the update from the net according to the instructions given on Youtube for my particular model. I started the update and waited for the firmware to be upgraded. Unfortunately, the update hanged and the progress got stuck at half point and did not move for an hour. I decided to run the update after stopping the current one. I had to forcefully shut down the update, but to my shock now when I re-inserted the dongle, the light had turned steady green and it refused to accept any update.

I later found that all device information in the modem is showing blank!! Any tool I apply on it returns a message that ?Device info not found"! All values in the modem are blank due to which no tool is able to recognize it. Moreover, even the windows system is unable to recognize it.

I have the required original flash package for the EC1561 modem (11.106.07.01.656) but it refuses to run. I also have the previous MEID and PESN of the product.

Is there any method or software to retrieve or rebuild the cdma modem?? Or is the modem lost forever??

I would really appreciate any help in the matter. I can give more info if required.
JTAG is only solution..