GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > GSM / HSDPA Modems and Routers

GSM / HSDPA Modems and Routers GSM , HSDPA , WCDMA, LTE Modems and Routers Unlock And Firmwares

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 23:39   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1750726
Thanks Meter: 16
Huawei E589 SD sharing trouble

I have a Huawei E589u-12 4G LTE router (by NetCom Norway) that I have been playing around with. I finally decided to get a micoSD (32 GB) card to make it available for all connected clients. This is advertised as a feature with this router.

However, although the microSD card shows up properly (as a SD card device) when connected directly via micro-USB to PC. No such thing appears and is available from Web interface! I have tried nearly anything I can think of, including factory reset, but nothing.

But by poking around in the firmware, I know the "interface" is in there somewhere. It's over here:
http://192.168.1.1/html/sdcardsharing.html

However, it is not enabled and does not register my SD card for some reason, and any clicking results in an error. The SDcardsharing interface, when working, should look almost exactly as this:
http://www.4gltemall.com/blog/wp-con...d-sharing1.jpg
taken from this article HERE. (HERE is a YouTube video of how it look like right now.)

Someone at another forum suggested it could be firmware related. After all I have seen so far, I think perhaps he's right. Anyone would know?

Code:
Device Information:
===================================================
Found modem         : E589u-12
Model               : Huawei E589
IMEI                : 86303001*******
Serial NR.          : P2T7NB92********
Firmware            : 11.433.13.00.01
Web UI Version:     : 12.001.00.00.03
Compile date / time : Jun 18 2012 13:27:56
Hardware ver.       : CL1E589M22
Chipset             : Qualcomm MDM9200
NAND Flash          : TC58NYG1S3C
SIM Lock status     : unlocked
Wrong codes entered : 10 (unlock attempts left : 0)
===================================================
It would be nice to see if it would be possible to enable by flashing different firmware or just hacking the memory of the one I have...perhaps via web interface manipulation?

But I'm out of ideas...

Please Help!
Old 08-24-2013, 14:26   #2 (permalink)
Insane Poster

After having searched high and low for ANYONE (in the world) with a E589u-XX (or Vodafone V210) that has a working SD card sharing feature/interface, I've come up with Nothing! So my only conclusion is that this is (yet another) dirty sales trick by Huawei Co.

Basically they're making people buy expensive microSD cards, that are completely useless inside this router, as you could have spent your money on a USB stick, for much less $/GB.

If you know anyone with working SD share (over WiFi) , please let us know!

HUAWEI == FALSE ADVERTISING !!
Old 09-03-2013, 14:59   #3 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Since Huawei has somehow screwed up their SD card sharing feature on this device, I'd like to have a closer hackers look at this. There has to be a way to talk to the SD card from device, since the CP is using the same USB interface as the SD card, which detects fine from the ouisde. However, I cannot find any signs of SD detection from within CP, neither in debug mode, from QXDM...but perhaps I'm not looking in the right place/way?

Have I missed or misunderstood something?
Does anyone here have any experience in this?
Old 09-05-2013, 18:20   #4 (permalink)

Member: 1648593
Thanks Meter: 0
Ok. I am in the same situation as yours: my provider who solds the E5776 has simply hidden the page you found for sd card sharing. THANKS for finding it!

Here is how to enable file sharing. It's pretty simple actually.

While connected in USB with the router, open the interface and go in the menu:
- Settings
- then on the left:
- Security
- UPnP settings:
enable UPnP.

Now go back to the sdcardsharing page. You NOW can change the "USB only share" to "web share" or "no sharing".
You can also choose whole card or just a folder, you'll see.

Done!

Now the sd card is ready to be shared. But I have no idea how to access it from the devices connected to the network.

It must be possible from the web - an ip address/name of the folder shared?
Or maybe it has to be set up with the NAS settings?

I'd appreciate any help doing this :-)

We're halfway to sharing files! :-)
Old 09-05-2013, 20:33   #5 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Great! Someone else who's actually interested in this. Ok, please standby for a day or two until I can test this. I am a little in doubt that it will work, because:
1. I have a different device than yours. (You have a more advanced modem MDM9615, than my MDM9200.)
2. I probably have different PC drivers than you, since I had to remove the Mobile Partner ones and replace them with the Huawei Drivers 4.25.18 from "here"... in order to get proper connections and QPST availability.

But I've made a deep dive into the web-interface that I will write about soon, so if what you say above works, then we're probably good to go. In the meantime, can you please post the output of these commands:

Code:
at+cmee=2
ati
at^portsel?
at^getportmode
at^setport?
at^rdcust=?
at^yjcx
Then please post the connection output from using DC-Unlocker client, (just the device info stuff, imei not needed) and finally, the windows drivers used. You can save all device/driver info of selected devices, using USBDeview or DevManView from NirSoft.
Old 09-06-2013, 00:15   #6 (permalink)

Eh. Many French people are interested in this... maybe they just didn't find *this* forum.

Anyway... you're asking for stuff I don't even understand. USBDeview... ?

I can post the detection of dc-unlocker if you wish.

I'm not sure where exactly I'll find the windows drivers used, as I have 3 different Huawei modems/hotspots installed.

Can you be more specific on how to exactly perform the at commands?

Anyway, while looking for clues, I read several manual for others MIFI routers.

Some say that after enabling File Sharing, one should see the sdcard when browsing the "network" on Windows or on Mac. (sd card will appear as an element of the network). So far, I'm not able to see it.
For android, they say the access is
name_of_the_router_given_by_provider SLASH files (which sounds logical)

Something must still be missing somewhere

But we're still working on it!
Old 09-06-2013, 01:08   #7 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Here:

View any installed/connected USB device on your system
Alternative to device manager of Windows

Use a terminal program like putty, RealTerm, or HyperTerm (use Google) to connect to "modem" port and access the AT command interface. Then enter the commands I gave you.

Yes, post DC-Unlocker info.

PS. I can see SD card fine when connected from PC via USB cable, but not from the routers wireless web server...
Old 09-06-2013, 02:55   #8 (permalink)

Here is the dc-unlocker detection for my modem:

DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.1045

Detecting modem :

selection :
manufacturer - Huawei modems
model - Auto detect (recommended)

Found modem : B710D0
Model : Huawei E5776s
IMEI : 866xxxx...
Serial NR. : Q7G....
Firmware : 21.202.15.00.479
Compile date / time : Nov 15 2012 17:54:45
Hardware ver. : CL2E5776SM
Dashboard version : UTPS1.11.01.479_MAC1.11.01.479
Voice feature : unknown(read failed)(read failed)
SIM Lock status : unlocked
Wrong codes entered : 0 (unlock attempts left : 10)

============================================

The exact model written on the device is E5776s-32.

The rest will have to wait for tomorrow!
Old 09-06-2013, 21:52   #9 (permalink)

I don't know how far you are in the modem interface and stuff, but in mine i saw the following lines:

(parenthesis removed because I can't post links)
(it's xml code)
response
ussd-enabled 0 ussd-enabled
online-update-enabled 1 online-update-enabled
sms-enabled 1 sms-enabled
sdcard-enabled 0 sdcard-enabled
wifi-enabled 1 wifi-enabled
response

which proves that whatever we can achieve in the h t m l interface, the configuration made by my provider disables the sd card (a module called g_module dot sdcard or something).

I found those clues watching the js and h t m l files.
Old 09-07-2013, 16:53   #10 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 2001252
Sonork: 100.1645439
Thanks Meter: 4
i think the SD card is not compatible with the E589, or the Slot for microSD card is not good, you can check on the two aspects.
Old 09-07-2013, 18:04   #11 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew_veil View Post
Model : Huawei E5776s
Firmware : 21.202.15.00.479
This is bad news! Your device is not even remotely similar to mine, as your internal modem is using a HighSililcon modem chip, and therefore completely different firmware. Sorry, I don't think I can help you much, apart from keeping on digging in the Web interface etc... However, I'd still be interested to know if those Huawei AT commands work on your device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gltemall View Post
i think the SD card is not compatible with the E589, or the Slot for microSD card is not good, you can check on the two aspects.
The slot is perfectly fine. It is detectable under windows etc... (but no sign of life in web interface.)