GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > ZTE

ZTE General ZTE phones discussion, firmwares, solution, help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2015, 22:45   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2065320
Thanks Meter: 1
Question ZTE Blade V SIM RUIM is Perso locked

I have a ZTE Blade V which is network locked. The base software version on the phone is VIG_UK_P825V20V1.0.0B04 which is Virgin but for some reason a Virgin SIM does not work in the phone. I have done a factory reset on the phone.

When I put in any SIM and start it up it says "Enter PUK" with 2 buttons "Unlock" an "Dismiss". My understanding is that the PUK unlock code is related to the SIM card and not the phone. When I enter the PUK code for the SIM it says "PUK unlock unsuccessful". It takes me back to the "Enter PUK" screen and as I don't know the corect code I press "Dismiss". The phone then works normally (expect no network coverage) and it displys "SIM/RUIM is Perso locked". Again, this sounds like it is related to the SIM card and not the phone. I have tried numerous SIM cards (Orange/Virgin/Giffgaff) and they all behave the same in the ZTE Blade V. If I put any of these SIM cards in another phone that I know is unlocked it happily takes them and works as expected.

I have a network unlock code that is 16 digits long and I have tried to enter this in the "Enter PUK" area but this does not work either. Whether I have the correct network unlock code is another story I guess.

So I'm not sure what is going on as the SIM cards are ok in another phone and I would expect to be asked for a network unlock code rather than a PUK code. Also, as I mentioned above, it seems to be a Virgin phone but a Virgin SIM doesn't work in it. Could the phone be blacklisted? I purchased brand new but off a 3rd party and I have no reason to suspect it was dodgy in any way.

Can the ZTE Blade V be unlocked with a code or do you need to use something like Sigma Key etc? Is there a secret code to bring up the network lock input? Can I just root it and put on a custom rom? Running out of ideas here

Any ideas?

thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to marders For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2015, 19:44   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2433277
Thanks Meter: 2
did you ever get to the bottom of this - I have exactly the same problem and am a bit stumped too!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dtmatthews For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2015, 22:47   #3 (permalink)

Member: 2436936
Thanks Meter: 1
How to unlock my ZTE v793 sim slot? I dont know the code. My imei no is 353550035375754. Please help
The Following User Says Thank You to venn29 For This Useful Post: