GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Huawei

Huawei General Huawei phones and tablets help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 10:23   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 712371
Thanks Meter: 10
Huwei G510 hang on logo.. Done!!

Share ko lang mga master sa software..

Huawei G510 hang on logo..

History: Inapdate ng owner hanggang sa logo nlng lagi..

Action:

First of all, you must assure you have the right phone, as the G510 has multiple versions (0010, 0100, 0200) sold in different places around the world. This guide was intended to be used on a G510-0010, U8951 (Unicom version) of this particular smartphone. As far as I'm concerned, it does work on 0200 (Orange Daytona as sold in Spain), but I can't assure.

Secondly, you'll need a micro SD card, so if you don't have one you can't go any further. Buy one and come back.

Part 1: Root
That's the risky thing to do, so if you're faint of heart stop here.

Step 1
Download the boot.img from B165 rom.
https://mega.co.nz/#!G8QCRYDA!Wy1773...lgV19TlCAvNsas

Step 2
Download UnlockRoot
Download---UnlockRoot/UnlockPhone/UnlockRom---Android Root

Step 3 (optional, and G510-0010 only. If you won't update your phone's firmware, jump to step 5)
Download the latest version of your phone's firmware (B182, mine came with B168 version)
http://download-c.huawei.com/tcpsdow...oadID=NDIzNjA=

Step 4 (optional)
Extract the contents of the firmware file, then locate the dload folder. Copy it to the root of the microsd card. Now you can apply the firmware update in 3 different ways: a) turn your phone on while holding both volume keys, it'll put your phone on update mode and install the update.app you downloaded, b) open the update app from the tools folder on one of your phone's homescreens, c) go to settings -> about phone -> system update. The update software will tell you the process will take about 2 minutes, but that's a big whooper. Here it took almost 15, and almost freaked me out meanwhile.

Step 5
Now do the same with the boot.img you downloaded (extract, copy the dload folder to microsd card root and use one of the three means to flash the firmware file). That time it'll be very quick.

Step 6
I'm assuming you have the drivers for your device. As far as I can remember (the cellphone now belongs to my GF) they're in your phone's virtual disk you get when you plug your phone to your computer. If not, Google Handset_WinDriver.exe and install it. Turn your phone on, go to settings -> Developer options and turn USB Debugging on. Now hook your phone to your computer and run UnlockRoot, hit Root, wait until your device shows up and click on it. Wait until it asks you to install some crapware and answer no (you can also answer yes, that's your choice, I'm not telling you what to do or anything...). Now your phone is rooted, with SuperSu and other software installed, and ready to the next steps.

Here

Solve!!

Old 01-17-2014, 06:47   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2108039
Thanks Meter: 0
it stock in hiwei logo and when i update it it say failed update
Old 06-02-2014, 14:29   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 444178
Sonork: 949835364
Thanks Meter: 11
any link boss for the firmware? tnx