GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iMac, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 01:03   #16 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 145732
Thanks Meter: 23
mac reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceLys View Post
need to reset macbook air password, tried this command : Cmd + R or S, but still asking also a password. a n trick to remove it easily ?
any help
check on ebay, usa and uk are supported
Old 02-23-2013, 16:54   #17 (permalink)
IM8
No Life Poster

Member: 694535
Thanks Meter: 70
hash unlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by babji View Post
To reset the firmware password on newer Macs, you must now follow these steps:
Boot with Option key held to display the boot menu's firmware password prompt.
Press Control-Option-Command-Shift-S to reveal a 33-digit hash (mixed letters and numbers) that contains an identifier for your specific motherboard and the Atmel chip used for your system. In this hash, the first 17 digits are an identifier for the system's motherboard, and the last 16 digits are a hash for the password.
Submit the hash to Apple, where someone will put it through a special utility to create a keyfile that is specific for your machine.
Place the file on a special USB boot drive and hold Option to load the boot menu and select this drive.
The system will read the file and properly reset the firmware password stored in the Atmel chip.
This process may seem easy enough, except that the utility for creating the keyfile is kept at Apple so you have to go through an authorized service center, which will contact technicians at Apple for this service. Secondly, the Apple technicians will not give you the keyfile for unlocking your system, so you must get your system serviced to perform this step.

Apple's Firmware Password utility in OS X's Recovery HD partition is still used to set the firmware password on newer Macs.

Even if you were able to get the keyfile, it cannot be used on any other Mac system. The Atmel chip's serial number and motherboard identifier are factory-programmed, resulting in a pairing that is unique for your system. This is why the hash numbers for your system must be programmed into the keyfile, making it machine-specific.
Even so, there is one way to bypass the Atmel chip, which is to manually remove it and solder a new, unlocked chip to your motherboard; however, without precise reflow soldering tools and techniques, this would likely result in an unmitigated disaster that not only would void your warranty, but would very likely break your machine.
Coupled with Apple's FileVault full-disk encryption to protect data should the hard drive be removed, the firmware password in Apple's latest systems provides a very effective hardware security lock. Setting it up involves the same steps as for all of Apple's hardware, but these advances make it so that to change or remove it you need to either use the same firmware password utility and remember the previous password, or have it serviced.

If this is a hash why can't we unlock it by bruteforce?
Old 04-24-2013, 01:12   #18 (permalink)

Member: 1322958
Thanks Meter: 0
Jesus, DON'T ANY OF YOU MUPPETS READ???

This guy needs a FIRMWARE password, not a ADMIN password!!! There is a difference people. This can only be done by Apple, and has already been answered properly earlier in the thread. All you Mac "Gurus" need to go and take some reading lessons!
Old 05-02-2013, 10:08   #19 (permalink)

Member: 1909006
Thanks Meter: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncatt View Post
This guy needs a FIRMWARE password, not a ADMIN password!!! There is a difference people. This can only be done by Apple, and has already been answered properly earlier in the thread. All you Mac "Gurus" need to go and take some reading lessons!
Quote:
Originally Posted by remzibi View Post
I was able to solve passworded and pinlocked MacBook model A1286 (late 2011) so I am able to remove pinlock and EFI password for good. All serials and user data remain untouched. Method is fully safe for hardware and software of laptop
Anyway if someone wants help with password or pinlock in Poland or Europe, simply email or PM me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by remzibi View Post
UPDATE
Just tested on A1286 (mid 2012) , have different EFI data but pass remove still work perfect.
UPDATE
Just confirmed at MacBook Air A1405 (mid 2012) , PINlock and password gone , full access to system and user data .
Old 05-21-2013, 20:02   #20 (permalink)

Member: 1942813
Thumbs up Unlock macbook firmware or icloud password

I see that there is great confusion about how to unlock the post 2010 macbooks for which the ram trick does not longer works. For 2010 -2013 macbooks the password is stored in the atmel chip which is eeprom ( non volatile memory)
There are 2 ways to unlock these macs:
The firs solution is to program a new atmel chip to replace the original one, this involves infrared soldering and is rather dangerous.
The newer and safe solution is to read the atmel chip with a programmer, find where the password information is stored and replace tha password with a blank one.
If you need further support You are welcome to contact me at sim_ser at yahoo . com
Old 06-27-2013, 12:35   #21 (permalink)

Member: 68328
Thanks Meter: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by simser View Post
I see that there is great confusion about how to unlock the post 2010 macbooks for which the ram trick does not longer works. For 2010 -2013 macbooks the password is stored in the atmel chip which is eeprom ( non volatile memory)
There are 2 ways to unlock these macs:
The firs solution is to program a new atmel chip to replace the original one, this involves infrared soldering and is rather dangerous.
The newer and safe solution is to read the atmel chip with a programmer, find where the password information is stored and replace tha password with a blank one.
If you need further support You are welcome to contact me at sim_ser at yahoo . com

'm from spain, could you give me support

have a macbook air with password efi bios protection...

i bought
atmel 0852 45db021d ssh

atmel 0946 tiny13v 10su

i change the atmel on the motherboard but i think that the new atmel is in blank. i think that i can change the atmel and the macbook is power on unless password, but the password is here....

sorry for my english!!!

thankyou very much
Old 03-05-2014, 06:40   #22 (permalink)
Cheater -Don't Deal with him-

Member: 2137682
Thanks Meter: 3
Start up the computer to the password entry screen by pressing and holding the Option key.
Press the key sequence Shift + Control + Command + Option + S
SEND ME YOUR HASH A SERIAL CONTACT ME PLEASE
Old 03-07-2014, 15:37   #23 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 1573269
Sonork: 100.1604621
Thanks Meter: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by efiunlocktools View Post
Start up the computer to the password entry screen by pressing and holding the Option key.
Thank you so very much. recommend efiunlocktools user is very serious and very fast.

I owe you my thanks
Old 03-07-2014, 17:52   #24 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 517801
Sonork: 100.1594355
Thanks Meter: 316
Boot into Single User Mode and remove a setup file

Restart the Mac holding down the Command+S keys, this will take you into Single User Mode and it’s Terminal interface

Youl need to check the filesystem first:

fsck -fy
Next, you must mount the root drive as writeable so that changes will save:

mount -uw /
Now, type the following command exactly, followed by the enter key:

rm /var/db/.applesetupdone

reset forgot mac password

After removing the applesetupdone file, you need to reboot, type ‘reboot’ and hit enter
Old 03-30-2014, 23:04   #25 (permalink)

Member: 2158307
I am having the same problem can u help me
Old 05-21-2014, 20:00   #26 (permalink)

Member: 2190695
Quote:
hey dude
whatsup ?

you can help me?
i have mac with EFI LOCK

the hash key is:
c0210840bf3dm6ma59306d12e4f921b61

please send me the password
Old 06-05-2014, 11:13   #27 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 8379
Thanks Meter: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfk007 View Post
Thank you so very much. recommend efiunlocktools user is very serious and very fast.

I owe you my thanks

" efiunlocktools " member is a cheater, he will do one for you and ask you to buy 5 , 10, 50 credit at discount price, after you send him western union, kiss bye bye to your money.
Old 08-20-2014, 19:27   #28 (permalink)

Member: 2243708
Hi efiunlocktools,

Here is the hash key : C02304403QVF27JADB8EBFC62F8F83BFC

This is Macbook air - 1465.

Appreciate your help.

Thx
Old 10-21-2014, 23:16   #29 (permalink)

Member: 2278413
Quote:
Can you help me please my hash serial is
C0233430443FD0CAAAF8E933FC632700C
Old 01-12-2015, 02:04   #30 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 227104
Thanks Meter: 20
Quote:
Hi, I have the same problem can you help me please I definitely appreciate you.

Thanks