GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   iMac, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f814/)
-   -   How to reset password on macbook air (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f814/how-reset-password-macbook-air-1583980/)

NiceLys 12-17-2012 12:33

How to reset password on macbook air

need to reset macbook air password, tried this command : Cmd + R or S, but still asking also a password. a n trick to remove it easily ?
any help

fadi9 12-17-2012 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceLys (Post 9024463)
need to reset macboon air password, tried this command : Cmd + R or S, but still asking also a password. a n trick to remove it easily ?
any help

1. Reboot
2. Hold apple key + s key down after you hear the chime.
(command + s keys on newer Macs)
3. When you get text prompt enter in these terminal commands to create a brand new admin account (hitting return after each line):

mount -uw /
rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
shutdown -h now

4. After rebooting you should have a brand new admin account. When you login as the new admin you can simply delete the old one and your good to go again!

NiceLys 12-17-2012 12:41

i said when i try those commands, it gives a menu asking a password too with a cadenas locked above.
Quote:

Originally Posted by fadi9 (Post 9024467)
1. Reboot
2. Hold apple key + s key down after you hear the chime.
(command + s keys on newer Macs)
3. When you get text prompt enter in these terminal commands to create a brand new admin account (hitting return after each line):

mount -uw /
rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
shutdown -h now

4. After rebooting you should have a brand new admin account. When you login as the new admin you can simply delete the old one and your good to go again!

fadi9 12-17-2012 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceLys (Post 9024488)
i said when i try those commands, it gives a menu asking a password too with a cadenas locked above.

and i said after you try those and u still getting passowrd,
that means there is a password on yr bois, you need to flash yr motherboard,

NiceLys 12-17-2012 13:12

how to flash it ? reinstalling the os ?
Quote:

Originally Posted by fadi9 (Post 9024516)
and i said after you try those and u still getting passowrd,
that means there is a password on yr bois, you need to flash yr motherboard,

fadi9 12-17-2012 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceLys (Post 9024572)
how to flash it ? reinstalling the os ?

you cannot install new os if you have a bios password
and flashing yr logic board, is hardware work, I don't think yr able to do it

BUT try those steps
1- try to exchange yr ram with different ram and then try those commands y tried
2- if u have 4g ram for ex, try to put only 2g ram and try yr command
if none of those doesn't work
send me image of the screen u getting

NiceLys 12-17-2012 14:42

on macbook air the ram are soldered on mainboard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fadi9 (Post 9024602)
you cannot install new os if you have a bios password
and flashing yr logic board, is hardware work, I don't think yr able to do it

BUT try those steps
1- try to exchange yr ram with different ram and then try those commands y tried
2- if u have 4g ram for ex, try to put only 2g ram and try yr command
if none of those doesn't work
send me image of the screen u getting

questler 12-17-2012 21:19

what macbook air? is the password you want to reset a efi password?

stebel 12-17-2012 21:21

how much chances is there to reset the bios password

iNemesis_d 12-17-2012 22:33

@nirav. I think he has an EFI password (firmware pass). This is hard to remove on macbook air ( even the exchange or remove of Ram wont work). Only way to do this is to take out the bios chip out and solder an new one on it. Not an easy task to do....

GSM-DOCTOR 12-18-2012 07:35

according to my info :

There is facility to setup a bios passcode in macbook air.
This is probably the administrative password .

So for admin pass you need a installX OS dvd*

Boot from the Mac OS X installer disk by inserting it into the Mac and holding down the “C” key on boot
Select your language preferences and then under the “Utilities” menu select “Password Reset” (it may say “Reset Password” instead, depends on the version of Mac OS X)
Select the hard disk that the forgotten password is on, then select the username of the forgotten password, you’ll then be asked to select a new password
Reboot as usual from the hard drive, using your newly reset password as the login!

:)

GSM-DOCTOR

GSM-DOCTOR 12-18-2012 07:36

You can use USB DVD Drive because Air don't have CD/DVD Drive

fadi9 12-18-2012 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by babji (Post 9027078)
To reset the firmware password on newer Macs, you must now follow these steps:
Boot with Option key held to display the boot menu's firmware password prompt.
Press Control-Option-Command-Shift-S to reveal a 33-digit hash (mixed letters and numbers) that contains an identifier for your specific motherboard and the Atmel chip used for your system. In this hash, the first 17 digits are an identifier for the system's motherboard, and the last 16 digits are a hash for the password.
Submit the hash to Apple, where someone will put it through a special utility to create a keyfile that is specific for your machine.
Place the file on a special USB boot drive and hold Option to load the boot menu and select this drive.
The system will read the file and properly reset the firmware password stored in the Atmel chip.
This process may seem easy enough, except that the utility for creating the keyfile is kept at Apple so you have to go through an authorized service center, which will contact technicians at Apple for this service. Secondly, the Apple technicians will not give you the keyfile for unlocking your system, so you must get your system serviced to perform this step.

Apple's Firmware Password utility in OS X's Recovery HD partition is still used to set the firmware password on newer Macs.

Even if you were able to get the keyfile, it cannot be used on any other Mac system. The Atmel chip's serial number and motherboard identifier are factory-programmed, resulting in a pairing that is unique for your system. This is why the hash numbers for your system must be programmed into the keyfile, making it machine-specific.
Even so, there is one way to bypass the Atmel chip, which is to manually remove it and solder a new, unlocked chip to your motherboard; however, without precise reflow soldering tools and techniques, this would likely result in an unmitigated disaster that not only would void your warranty, but would very likely break your machine.
Coupled with Apple's FileVault full-disk encryption to protect data should the hard drive be removed, the firmware password in Apple's latest systems provides a very effective hardware security lock. Setting it up involves the same steps as for all of Apple's hardware, but these advances make it so that to change or remove it you need to either use the same firmware password utility and remember the previous password, or have it serviced.

GUYSSSSSSSSSSS, Please stop confusing the guy !!!!!!!!!!
commands R and S will not work in bios password,
only way to do it, is by flashing yr lojic board, which i doubt any can do that, unless its APPLE engineers GUYS( Genius ones too)
2- If you bought legally this mac book air, i recommend you take it to nearest apple store they will fix it for u

most of those macbooks with bios pass, are illegal in another word are stolen or what ever,

freddy121121 12-19-2012 01:17

yer well i had this machine and i did this because he wouldn't pay me for doing a job great fun for me it was

freddy121121 12-19-2012 01:19

sorry wasn't me i did it on a mack book pro not a mac book air