GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   R-SIM & GEVEY SIM (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f819/)
-   -   Can I use R-SIM 11+& iPhone SE with Straight Talk Carrier lock? (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f819/can-i-use-r-sim-11-iphone-se-straight-talk-carrier-lock-2268174/)

zxonboard 09-24-2017 17:45

Can I use R-SIM 11+& iPhone SE with Straight Talk Carrier lock?

I live in South Korea. And I have a SIM already activated with SK Telecom in South Korea.

I purchased the iPhone SE from the Straight Talk website.
Can I release the Straight Talk carrier lock with r-sim 11+?
In other words, if I have r-sim 11+, can I use my cell phone with the Straight Talk carrier lock?

The reason I ask this question is that R-SIM 11+ does not support Straight Talk on other sites:

please answer about my question. thank you.

SIMTester 09-25-2017 08:20

It does. It doesn't support SIM cards from the four major US carriers(Sprint, TMobile, Verizon, and AT&T), but it works on my prepaid SIM card and international SIM cards(Russian SIM and Swedish Telenor SIM). The reason for this is the phone allows you to use those US SIM cards to bypass activation, but it creates an endless activation loop due to carrier bundle placement. It's the only phone carrier I know of that works like this.

International SIM cards for Straight Talk iPhones with R-SIM 11+ work perfectly. 256K CDMA SIM cards do not work unless you like calling and texting only, no signal bar support, no data.

zxonboard 09-25-2017 18:07

So, does 4G LTE Korean SIM work perfectly?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIMTester (Post 12701993)
It does. It doesn't support SIM cards from the four major US carriers(Sprint, TMobile, Verizon, and AT&T), but it works on my prepaid SIM card and international SIM cards(Russian SIM and Swedish Telenor SIM). The reason for this is the phone allows you to use those US SIM cards to bypass activation, but it creates an endless activation loop due to carrier bundle placement. It's the only phone carrier I know of that works like this.

International SIM cards for Straight Talk iPhones with R-SIM 11+ work perfectly. 256K CDMA SIM cards do not work unless you like calling and texting only, no signal bar support, no data.

So, does 4G LTE Korean SIM work perfectly?

The SK Telecom SIM I mentioned is 4G LTE SIM.

Can I use all the features of iPhone SE when I install SIM with R-SIM 11+?

For example, VOLTE, dialing, receiving a call, 4G LTE Internet, etc.

SIMTester 10-02-2017 06:11

Yes, the bundle of your SIM card(SK Telecom) replaces the bundle that the phone is locked to(Tracfone). So whatever carrier features that are available for iPhones will be available to you. I did notice the Russian SIM gave me the Carrier 22.0 bundle, but this may have been my iOS 9 not supporting that Russian carrier bundle.

klikli 10-07-2017 02:11

Since the "LTE+4G" way of unlocking is now patched, do you have any idea if it'd be possible to activate a ST/TracFone iPhone?

klikli 10-07-2017 03:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by klikli (Post 12720701)
Since the "LTE+4G" way of unlocking is now patched, do you have any idea if it'd be possible to activate a ST/TracFone iPhone?

OK, I got it working with "4G Auto" & "2/3G GSM" mode, but I'm stuck in an activation loop. Do you have any idea if this can be fixed?

Thanks

SIMTester 10-07-2017 21:19

Congrats on activating the phone. If you pull out the SIM card, you should be able to use it as a WiFi device. Best to make fake military deployment papers and send them to Straight Talk for unlocking. Just download the google image results and edit the name with a PDF editor. If you know one that's better than the paid Adobe service, let me know. It actually matches the text.

benjaminyc 10-09-2017 12:20

wow! Has anybody tried this and succeeded? That seems a way to solve the problem. But I don't think their customer service will be fooled that easily~

gugbobgug 10-09-2017 15:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp4p8sbo5wo&t=10s

unlock iphone - sim not supported
works only 3g sim card and up 5s models
confirmed works with - att/ t mobile/ telus - ios 11 - 6 6s 7 8
price 1 pcs - $10 / order more 10 pcs $5
call / viber / whatsapp / wechat / - +995577426299