GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > SIM Solution Products > R-SIM & GEVEY SIM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 01:38   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2032687
Thanks Meter: 37
iPhone 5 A1429 - CDMA - Sprint - R-SIM 8/8+ - iOS 7.0/7.0.2 - 2G/3G/SMS/USSD

I would propose to gather here the issues related to the specific case below:

- IPhone 5 CDMA A1429;
- U.S. Sprint;
- IOS 7.0 or 7.0.2;
- R-SIM 8 or R-SIM 8+ (and maybe R-SIM 7+);
- Problem with 2G / 3G / SMS outgoing / USSD.

Many users are having problems with this particular setup, but we are posting on various threads, spraying information.

Thanks.

Last edited by LuizinhoMN; 10-07-2013 at 01:48.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LuizinhoMN For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 10-07-2013, 02:03   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 379713
Thanks Meter: 55
Nice thread bro, this is very important. Should be stickied since us sprint is one of the most 'annoying' issues around here...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ogel2 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2013, 02:14   #3 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 2031214
Thanks Meter: 8
Nice thread and would be a useful thread for the people who confused about those issues.
I want to post some information, my iphone5 sprint using rsim7+ v6.8 and running ios7.0.2
Sms in works but not the sms out, 3G data not works, and ussd command is not work too . Anyway the conclusion is that the rsim7+ can unlocked the iphone5 which running ios7.0.2 but will need patch to make the 3G and Sms out workable.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yoyocell For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2013, 04:20   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

The complete history of my case:

- I consulted the internet to see if I could buy a Sprint iPhone 5 and unlock and activate. I saw that the R -SIM did it ;
- I bought the iPhone. Came with iOS 6.1.3 ;
- Updated to 6.1.4 ;
- I bought the R -SIM 8 and cut a SIM card from Claro. It did not work ;
- I contacted the seller of the R-SIM, he said the Claro was to give common problem. I do not know if it's just in Brazil;
- I cut a Oi operator SIM card (Oi is national carrier, exists only in Brazil, I think). It worked, but no 3G;
- I bought the 3G patch and installed. It worked perfectly! The most happiest person in the world at that moment;
- IOS 7 was released. I searched the site and the R-SIM was written that work with iOS 7;
- Updated for iOS 7 and did not work more 3G/SMS;
- Downgrade is no longer possible. The most saddest person in the world at that moment;
- Started this hell.

PS : I've tried every combination imaginable and still did not work. I have seven versions of the patch here, none works, including the newest beta, 5.1.3.

Is promised to solve this problem in the next update of iOS.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LuizinhoMN For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 10-07-2013, 04:32   #5 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1185485
RSim is perfect for iOS 6, I am damn lucky coz I have downgraded to iOS 6 when Apple was signing.

Miliky is working on fix for sms and 3G on iOS 7, as per my knowledge If we fix 3G we get issues with SMS and if we fix SMS then we get issues with 3G. ATM, Miliky is waiting for iOS 7.1 to be launched by Apple. Once he get hands on it he can see if the Apple has fixed the carrier bundle issue.He want to develop a Perfect Patch this time which would fix both.
That's the reason, why it's delaying.

all I can say atm, is to Wait and Watch.

Cheers
Old 10-07-2013, 04:40   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I think that remains the same is pending. Because I have exhausted the possible combinations of what he could do.

Just wanted to correct an information, Miliky said it would release the final patch along with the iOS update that corrects the problem of iMessage, which will probably be the iOS 7.0.3 and not 7.1, I believe.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:20   #7 (permalink)
Insane Poster

^ Probably,
According to a source Apple employees are now running on iOS 7.0.3, could be the same 7.1 for public as iOS 7GM was iOS 7. so not sure many chances let's see how it goes..!!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:42   #8 (permalink)

Member: 2003427
Thanks Meter: 1
guys,

Lets wait till the release of next version of ios 7.0.3 or 7.1, seems like 7.1 will be launched with the new ipads....

as stated rsim team will check if the bugs are fixed or not...and we will get some concrete information.....
Old 10-07-2013, 07:16   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Here's my story:
-have 4s verizon and 5 sprint, both at 6.1.2 working flawlessly
-4s use rsim 7+ and 5 sprint use rsim 8 gold
-4s updated to 7.0, 90% worked well except ussd and imessage ('My Number' shows unknown), restoring method using itunes (ipsw)
-decided to stay jailbreaked at 6.1.2 on ip5 sprint, bur accidentaly downloading update
-my sprint ip5 battery was drained, when it plugged then the update installing automatically (feel so stupid at the time)
-update installed, my sprint ip5 keep searching for signal. Try hundreds possible fix, none of them worked (again,feel so stupid)
-7.0.2 was out. Trying to restore my ip5 sprint in dfu mode, swap the rsim from my 4s, so my verizon 4s use rsim 8 gold and my stuck ip5 sprint now use rsim 7+
-After that, the signal shows! 3g is working fine using unlockit apn ONLY. However outgoing sms and ussd command still an issue until now,along with 'My Number' that shows other phone number instead of "unknown"

Another friend of mine also reporting "no service", signal bar shows but no data nor sms outgoing,other stuck in "activating" and they are all with the same devices, The Legendary Sprint Iphone 5 ....
Old 10-07-2013, 07:37   #10 (permalink)
Insane Poster

other stuck in "activating" and they are all with the same devices

Ask your peeps to try with un-cut nano sim! It works like a charm.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:50   #11 (permalink)

Member: 2039161
Thanks Meter: 1
Nice thread, you share your problem. its helpful to all the new buyers who are going to buy new iPhone. they can be safe from this problem.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:53   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by imran4u5 View Post
other stuck in "activating" and they are all with the same devices

Ask your peeps to try with un-cut nano sim! It works like a charm.
Unfortunately, it is doesn't
Tried all kind of sim, different operator, even with the original SIM Sprint. Same result.

I know, because all of my friend i mentioned above were borrowing all of my SIM collection
Old 10-07-2013, 10:10   #13 (permalink)

Member: 1885392
Sonork: cts2007
Thanks Meter: 0
I also have the same iPhone 5 Sprint on iOS 7. Waiting for news( No 3G, 2G, SMS))) Just calls
Old 10-07-2013, 21:59   #14 (permalink)

Member: 1314237
Thanks Meter: 2
Sorry for off-topic to iphone 4s Sprint iOS 6.1.3.

I plugged in r-sim 8+ and un-cut AT&T sim, but no carrier menu selection popped up, still no service after searching. Phone already restored to factory iOS 6.1.3, and installed 3g/4g nano sim patch irOsetool before r-sim plug-in.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated, R-sim experts?
Old 10-08-2013, 01:45   #15 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I've collected 4 sprint iphone 5 with different issues, and here's what i found:
1. Stuck in activate screen
This finally solved by inserting original sprint card along with rsim. The phone is now activated but still, no 3g or sms. The signal showed up, can make calls but sometimes it shows 'no service'
2. Signal show with our operator logo but no data
Haven't found any possible solution yet for this phone
3. No 3G, no signal, just searching or 'no service'
Have no clue either... But sometimes i can make the call to this phone,even it shows 'no service'
4. Data ok, no sms outgoing, own number doesn't show, failed ussd
This is my sprint iphone 5. I have played with this phone countless time. This phone have 'activation screen' appeared when i tried to insert an simcard without rsim. The signal still there,but ended with "Roaming", but no matter what i did to this iphone it always show a signal. I could even saw "1x" for a few times.

The rsims used are rsim 7, 7+, 8 Gold, 8+ with 7 different operator in my country.
Just sharing what i've been through... and hope the patch will fix the issues...