GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > SIM Solution Products > R-SIM & SAM SIM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2018, 18:06   #46 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2783707
Thanks Meter: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaber View Post
have iccid patched? or is patched in your site.

thanks BR
I am not sure what you are asking but the iccid that is currently on my site is working
The Following User Says Thank You to parrotgeek1 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2018, 17:47   #47 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I am sorry that the server was not working for the last 8 hours.
It was caused by new code I wrote that was not very well tested for the case when many people go to the site at once.

I have completely removed this new code and will only put it back after more testing and bug fixes.

I admit that this is the first large scale project in PHP I have ever made and /i am learning as I go. Thank you for your patience.

Last edited by parrotgeek1; 09-20-2018 at 17:54.
Old 09-20-2018, 20:56   #48 (permalink)

Member: 2866162
Thanks Meter: 2
So I didn't have any luck with the T-Mobile sim (I think the sim card I got had already been used because it came up as status terminated) but I bought a SimpleMobile sim kit from BestBuy for $1. I popped it in my iphone X that was locked to AT&T and it shows TFW as the carrier in the upper lefthand corner and under Settings it shows the carrier as TFW 33.0. Does this mean my phone is now sim unlocked? I don't want to activate the sim if I don't have to because it would cost me at least $25 for the cheapest plan and I really only bought the sim for the purposes of unlocking. I was able to call 611 with the SimpleMobile sim in too if that helps.
Old 09-20-2018, 21:31   #49 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
So I didn't have any luck with the T-Mobile sim (I think the sim card I got had already been used because it came up as status terminated) but I bought a SimpleMobile sim kit from BestBuy for $1. I popped it in my iphone X that was locked to AT&T and it shows TFW as the carrier in the upper lefthand corner and under Settings it shows the carrier as TFW 33.0. Does this mean my phone is now sim unlocked? I don't want to activate the sim if I don't have to because it would cost me at least $25 for the cheapest plan and I really only bought the sim for the purposes of unlocking. I was able to call 611 with the SimpleMobile sim in too if that helps.
Yes that means it is unlocked
Old 09-20-2018, 21:49   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotgeek1 View Post
Yes that means it is unlocked
Fantastic - thank you!!! I wasn't sure because the ICCID that's displayed in Settings is still the same original ICCID that I had before I unlocked it with the rsim. Am I correct that I needed a sim from a carrier other than the one my iphone was locked to in order to perform the unlock?
Old 09-21-2018, 00:40   #51 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Fantastic - thank you!!! I wasn't sure because the ICCID that's displayed in Settings is still the same original ICCID that I had before I unlocked it with the rsim. Am I correct that I needed a sim from a carrier other than the one my iphone was locked to in order to perform the unlock?
You didn't. Your sim card that you tried just happened to be defective.

The reason the original iccid is displayed and it still works is that using the iccid once works like an "unlock code" on other phones, I.e. activating with it installs a permanent authorization to use any sim until you reset the phone to factory settings
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parrotgeek1 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2018, 01:39   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
You didn't. Your sim card that you tried just happened to be defective.

The reason the original iccid is displayed and it still works is that using the iccid once works like an "unlock code" on other phones, I.e. activating with it installs a permanent authorization to use any sim until you reset the phone to factory settings
Amazing - thank you! So I could have just used my original AT&T sim to unlock the phone and then verified that the phone was unlocked by popping in a sim from a different carrier (like the SimpleMobile one I used)? Is there another way to confirm that the phone is unlocked without having to use a sim from a different carrier? I tried a couple of those IMEI checker sites and they show my phone as locked so those clearly aren't reliable.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:34   #53 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Amazing - thank you! So I could have just used my original AT&T sim to unlock the phone and then verified that the phone was unlocked by popping in a sim from a different carrier (like the SimpleMobile one I used)? Is there another way to confirm that the phone is unlocked without having to use a sim from a different carrier? I tried a couple of those IMEI checker sites and they show my phone as locked so those clearly aren't reliable.
You effectively confirmed it; if it were locked, even 611 would not work
Old 09-21-2018, 03:35   #54 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I just redesigned the site to look better
The Following User Says Thank You to parrotgeek1 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2018, 03:41   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
You effectively confirmed it; if it were locked, even 611 would not work
Yes, I totally get that. Iím just asking in theory if someone did not have a sim from a different carrier, is there a way to confirm that the phone is unlocked? Like if I didnít have the SimpleMobile SIM card, how else could I confirm that the phone was unlocked?
Old 09-21-2018, 04:19   #56 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Yes, I totally get that. Iím just asking in theory if someone did not have a sim from a different carrier, is there a way to confirm that the phone is unlocked? Like if I didnít have the SimpleMobile SIM card, how else could I confirm that the phone was unlocked?
You can't, actually, without a jailbreak to look at unlock state directly
Old 09-21-2018, 21:44   #57 (permalink)

Trying to unlock my brand-new iphond XS now and it's not working. Using my original AT&T sim I was able to able to enter the currently working ICCID and I rebooted my phone; however, when I took out the rsim and the AT&T sim and inserted the Simple Mobile sim, I keep getting a SIM not supported message.

I know the XS just came out but has anyone successfully unlocked theirs using this method?
The Following User Says Thank You to psywzrd For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2018, 21:58   #58 (permalink)

I just got it working. I actually had to unlock it with the rsim and the SimpleMobile sim in there (wouldn't unlock properly with the original AT&T sim for some reason). After performing the unlock with the rsim and SimpleMobile sim, I rebooted the phone, took the rsim out, put the SimpleMobile sim back in and now it shows TFW as the carrier. This bad boy is now unlocked!
The Following User Says Thank You to psywzrd For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2018, 19:04   #59 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 2788786
Thanks Meter: 30
iPhone Unlock ICCID Finder - FREE FOREVER - Working ICCIDs 24/7

It works for me as well xs max however MetroPCS is having issues adding xs max IMEI to their systems.. Anyone else with metro have issues getting them to add xs or max IMEI to your account

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2018, 02:44   #60 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 2788786
Thanks Meter: 30
Apparently BYOD for the iPhone Xs max is currently unsupported on metropcs at this time..was told to check back in a week or two ��