GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   R-SIM & GEVEY SIM (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f819/)
-   -   Not reporting the correct phone MEID (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f819/not-reporting-correct-phone-meid-2371069/)

jpotts 03-28-2018 13:17

Not reporting the correct phone MEID

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could explain something to me.
I have a SPRINT iphone 6 that I am currently using on a VERIZON Network.
I think the rsim i have is version 9.3 or 9.4.

It works fine and it connects to the network fine/makes calls/texts/etc..

Problem I have is that Verizon thinks I am using the phone that I had previously (Iphone SE) with the Verizon Sim Card that I put into the RSIM/IPHONE 6

So in the Verizon settings on the webpage, It shows up as an SE not a 6.
The Meid on the webpage reflects accurately. It thinks I am using the SE even though the card/rsim are in the 6 and the 6 works.

Ideas? Do I just not understand completely how the RSIM works?

THX.
P.S. Thanks Kinglock, without your work I would have an otherwise useless phone locked to the Sprint Network (That they refuse to unlock because Im not the original owner)

jpotts 03-31-2018 12:43

Noone has an answer?

Id like to get this phone switched over on my account.
My Verizon account shows me that I am still using the SE even though I have it working on the 6 with the SIM card from the SE. It never switched over and it looks like the card is telling it tie itself to the SE.

I would like to reflect this info correctly so that I can activate and use the SE

ribbentrop 03-31-2018 13:59

Do you think Verizon has an office here? :) Why do not call them directly?

jpotts 04-06-2018 12:41

ribbentrop. Great suggestion thanks! Your suggestion would have been helpful if I didnt already try that.

I went through 3 different reps on the phone that couldnt figure out what was going on. I talked to the "upper level tech" whose suggestion was only to get a different sim card. I have two others.

Intrestingly enough. I put both of those cards into a different iphone 6 and they show up with the same phone and number as before. Was that because I hadent activated them yet?

compu829 04-07-2018 14:32

Sprint and Verizon networks are different because they also use CDMA. I'm guessing you live in an LTE-Only area and haven't had to use evdo or 1x in a while. That's why it is still showing backwards in their system. On Sprint/Verizon you can't just swap SIM cards between devices and expect it to "just work."

The way to fix this:
1. Put the original iPhone SE SIM card back into the SE.
2. Go to the Verizon store and get a new SIM Card for the iPhone 6.
3. Have them do an ESN Swap from the 6 to the SE.
4. Now activate the SE on the new line.